Help me build the Civic Guard

Hermit

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Help me build the Civic GuardFinally finished Skyscraper (man, having a real job really cuts into gaming time), admittedly he's not much more than Gargantua with a different background, but I think he's pretty neat.SkyscraperPlayer:

Val Char Cost
25 STR 15
20 DEX 30
20 CON 20
15 BODY 10
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
20 PRE 10
10 COM 0
15 PD 10
15 ED 11
4 SPD 10
15 REC 12
40 END 0
40 STUN 2
6" RUN02" SWIM05" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 130
Cost Power END
94 Big...: Growth (+75 STR, +15 BODY, +15 STUN, -15" KB, 3.27E6 kg, -10 DCV, +10 PER Rolls to perceive character, 64.2 m tall, 32.1 m wide), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) 7
25 ...and a Hard Worker: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 100 Active Points of STR 0
80 ...and Tough: +25 PD (25 Active Points); Linked (Big...; +5 PD per 15 pts. of Growth; -1/4) plus +25 ED (25 Active Points); Linked (Big...; +5 ED per 15 pts. of Growth; -1/4) plus +25 CON; Linked (Big...; +5 CON per 15 pts. of Growth; -1/4) 0
50 ...with Big Freakin' Hands: AE (1 hex) on up to 100 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Linked (only 60 points of Growth or more) (Big...; -1/2) 0
20 Really Freakin' Big!: +25 PRE; Linked (Big...; +5 PRE per 15 points of Growth; -1/4)
50 Skin Like Concete and Steel: Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED) plus Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25% 0
60 Runs a Block at a Time: Running 30", Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); Linked (Big...; +6" of Running per 15 pts. of Growth; -1/4) 3
40 "I Know A Guy...": Summon 200-point Helpful Person, Expanded Class of Beings Any Human (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Arrives Under Own Power (-1/2), Requires A Persuasion Roll (-1/2) 0
Powers Cost: 419
Cost Skill
10 +2 with HTH Combat
2 CK: Chicago 11-
3 Conversation 13-
3 Interrogation 13-
6 KS: Chicago Sports Teams & Statistics 14-
2 KS: Flowers & Floral Arrangements 11-
2 PS: Florist 11-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 Streetwise 13-
Skills Cost: 34
Cost Perk
3 Fringe Benefit: Membership: The Civic Guard
4 Reputation: Gigantic Hero of The Windy City (Chicagoland Area) 14-, +4/+4d6
Perks Cost: 7
Val Disadvantages
10 DNPC: Wife 8- (Normal)
20 DNPC: Kids 8- (Incompetent; Group DNPC: x2 DNPCs)
20 Hunted: VIPER 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)
15 Hunted: Gargantua 11- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
15 Psychological Limitation: Fiercely Proud (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Soft Touch, Sucker for a Sob Story (Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: CvK: Hesitant to Kill (Common, Strong)
5 Reputation: Soft-Hearted Despite Bluster, 8-
15 Social Limitation: Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
10 Susceptibility: from Involuntary Size Change Attacks, 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN from ExtraDimensional and Affects Desolid Attacks (Uncommon)
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 240Total Experience Available: 0Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 590

Height: 6' 7" Hair: Brown
Weight: 220 lbs Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Tony Chivola is a big, Italian guy with dark hair and eyes. As Skyscraper, he wears a costume in the colors of the Chicago flag; red, white and blue. His insignia is based off the Sears Tower. At maximum height, he is over 200' tall.Personality: Tony was a good guy before getting his powers, always helping out his neighbors where he could. Upon discovering his powers, it was only natural that he would become a hero and protect the city he loves so much. He is a tough guy's tough guy, he has found that little can hurt him at full size. His greatest vulnerability is his generous nature. Tony often gives until it hurts, providing free flowers for needy family's ceremonies and getting easily distracted in combat when innocents are in danger. His generosity has also garnered him a network of contacts and favors from everyone from college professors to mobsters. When confronted with a problem he can't solve with his might, a quick phone call often has exactly what he needs in a matter of hours.Quote:"Why don't you pick on someone your own size...oops, guess you can't"Background: Tony Chivola was a neighborhood florist, as was his father and grandfather before him. He would have been content to remain just that until one fateful delivery at Fermilab. He was looking for an office, and wandered into the particle accelerator seconds before it was locked down and activated. He woke up in the hospital weeks later, much to the amazement of his family and doctors. Counting his blessings, Tony went back to work, expecting to continue with a normal life. Then one day on his route, the El train tracks collapsed. As Tony rushed to help, he noticed his strides becoming longer. As he reached the scene, he caught the falling cars in his hands like a toy train set. After gently laying the train on the pavement, he shrunk back down and disappeared into the crowd. Fortunately, the event took place so quickly, no one recognized Tony, and his identity was safe. Realizing he had been given the ability to really help the city that he loved, he fashioned a costume and became Skyscraper, the Hero with Big Shoulders.Powers/Tactics: Skyscraper can can mass to his body from an extradimensional source, which increases his height and weight, proportionally increasing his strength. Skyscraper's tactics are far from subtle. He gets as big as his surroundings will allow him and hit his opponent until it stops moving.Campaign Use: Skyscraper is a typical "Tough Guy with a Heart of Gold". His limitless connections is what differentiates him from other bricks.

Re: Help me build the Civic Guard

I really like "I Know a Guy...". I think you oughta submit it to the online USPDB. It wouldn't be bad for a Dark Champions game either, though it might need a slightly reduced class size (ie, any human in the city/county/state) for that street-level feel.

I really like "I Know a Guy...". I think you oughta submit it to the online USPDB. It wouldn't be bad for a Dark Champions game either' date=' though it might need a slightly reduced class size (ie, any human in the city/county/state) for that street-level feel.[/quote']

I posted a street level version of I Know A Guy HERE a few months ago. I really like the above Super Level version of it as well. :)

Thank you for the compliments, but I must give credit where it is due. "I Know a Guy..." is just a renamed version of I Know Someone Who Can Help, which can be found on p. 143 of Dark Champions. I renamed it in honor of a co-worker of mine, who Skyscraper is losely based on. And yes, he always seems to 'know a guy' who can help with any situation. :)

While I think the idea of Disney being a front for VIPER is more likely ;) That would be fine.

Heh, I once played in Werewolf game where we went through our rite of passage. Our mission was to run Pentex and the Fomori out of Disneyworld. We found out that their main power center was in the "it's a small world after all" ride.