Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I wasn't sure about the rotation part. I was going to have the "Skip" be 5 minutes.

And the "skip" would effect Earth orbit also, so they would have to ceck against the other bodies in the solar system.

Thanks Cancer!

My dad knew a girl named Dixie Cupp.

I knew a Joy too. And for a woman 10 years my senior she is smokin'; and she and her husband Matt were the two reasons I ever went to the pharmacy Christmas parties, they were both joys to know. :)

Any relation to the Eve mentioned in the song Eve of Destruction? :winkgrin:

Not AFAIK, but since I never got her bad side I can't be certain. She was the old department secretary when I started grad school, and had a bit of battleaxe in her, though.

umm.. Handler?

My bad. It was a rough day.

they call themselves Advocates, but basically they bring three or four of the Group Home members in to do their banking and herd them around the bank. It's better when it's one on one, but some of them are more interested in their client than others.

This particular woman doesn't do any prep work. She hits the check writing stand for 15/20 minutes to fill every thing out, do the math, and basically the client either wanders the lobby or stands in line waiting for her to finish. Some of the people who work for the group home get on my nerves, she's one of them. She's very needy and constantly twitters at her clients. She's not as bad as the one who was so disinterested that she'd just leave while the client was standing in line to go do her own shopping. They'd be standing there in front of the teller not knowing what to do after a transaction was done. Or even what the transaction was. This particular client has been with the bank since at least 1996 when I started. He's had a couple of surgeries and doesn't move as well as he once did. (He still asks me if I walk to work since I used to walk by his apartment on my way to work when the Ex and I lived closer).

But I'm rambling.

My bad. It was a rough day.

they call themselves Advocates, but basically they bring three or four of the Group Home members in to do their banking and herd them around the bank. It's better when it's one on one, but some of them are more interested in their client than others.

This particular woman doesn't do any prep work. She hits the check writing stand for 15/20 minutes to fill every thing out, do the math, and basically the client either wanders the lobby or stands in line waiting for her to finish. Some of the people who work for the group home get on my nerves, she's one of them. She's very needy and constantly twitters at her clients. She's not as bad as the one who was so disinterested that she'd just leave while the client was standing in line to go do her own shopping. They'd be standing there in front of the teller not knowing what to do after a transaction was done. Or even what the transaction was. This particular client has been with the bank since at least 1996 when I started. He's had a couple of surgeries and doesn't move as well as he once did. (He still asks me if I walk to work since I used to walk by his apartment on my way to work when the Ex and I lived closer).

But I'm rambling.

ah, ok... it was just an interesting term I'd never heard before.. yeah, I can see how that might drive up the stress level a bit...