Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Ok. I respect your not liking Styx.

But QUEEN?

I will qualify something re Queen - interestingly, I was actually really into some of their stuff when I was a kid, I got the album News of the World, though I found I was quickly bored with most of it after an initial burst of enthusiasm. I think they had plenty of good ideas and of course they were talented musicians.

I think Styx is lacking in ideas (good ones, anyway) but certainly admit they probably have been generally under-rated among certain quarters, particularly those of us who grew up with a sort of knee-jerk rejection to prog-rock and similarly-influenced rock.

I see a pattern developing here. Have a problem with the seventies/eighties rock/pop bands' date=' do we? :D[/quote']

Heh, yes, but you do have to put it in the context of someone who fixated on punk rock in High School, so...

...but for the most part, I would say I am not a fan of much prog-rock, ornate '70s rock, "kick-ass" (contemporary to Led Zeppelin and so inspired) rock, and the like. And re '80s, the successors such as the hair metal bands similarly incur my distaste.

I could go on and on as to why, but I think I'll STFU. :D

Guest Skaramine

Bad Skaramine! No Buscuit!

I merely said I respect his willingness not to like Styx.

Unlike some members of the board, when someone disagrees with me, I do not click the alert moderator button or run to mom's apron strings.

But... Queen... not liking Queen?

What's the world coming to?

I merely said I respect his willingness not to like Styx.

Unlike some members of the board, when someone disagrees with me, I do not click the alert moderator button or run to mom's apron strings.

But... Queen... not liking Queen?

What's the world coming to?

Hey, If I got mad at everyone who disliked the music I liked I'd not be married now :D(intersting fact, my wife loves some of my music and stomachs the rest, but boy does she hate "Love is Like a Rock" from Donnie Iris)

Being sick is lame. I've had a stomach virus since the day before Yom Kippur. I haven't had more than a few bites of anything more than a few times a day for six days running (aside from Yom Kippur when I didn't eat at all). If I don't eat at all I starve. If I eat more than a few bites at a time it doesn't stay down - and when I do eat it causes serious discomfort. Its affecting my ability to sleep for more than an hour or so at a time. I'm tired' date=' cranky, hungry, and demoralized. LAME![/quote']

Damn. :( That is lame.

Hope you feel better soon, David. :)

Hey' date=' If I got mad at everyone who disliked the music I liked I'd not be married now :D(intersting fact, my wife loves some of my music and stomachs the rest, but boy does she hate "Love is Like a Rock" from Donnie Iris)[/quote']

My tastes include many "unlistenable" things my wife doesn't like, though, then again, few do.

Nobody can, dude. :whistle:

(Heads for the tall grass)

I can.

But can YOU take THIS?

*kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick kick

Yeah, you like that? ;)

Uh' date=' I forget... is Blink country/western or what? doesn't ring a bell...[/quote']

Oh dear God I'm surrounded by heretics!!!

Blink-182 is a rock/punk band from San Diego, CA. And I don't mean like REAL punk... I mean soft-core 90's mainstream-style punk. Hard drums and guitar licks. You'd recognize a few of their sings, I'm sure.

They rock my world.