Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Oh this brings back many memories, and lots of songs and even bands I haven't thought of in years. Wow. Good stuff here (to me anyway).

PS - sigh - I had intended to compile a few CDs containing all of these, I really should have...

Some good stuff there. and only a little that makes me cringe

Oh, and Von D-Man, hope you feel well soon - do you think this is the nearly-inevitable adjustment sickness most people (but especially Americans) get when they settle in a new country with its new various funky stuff and less sterilized water?

(PS - to be clear, "less sterilized water" is not a slam whatsoever, apparently US water is cleaner than even Canadian water, and some believe it's "too" clean in that it shields the human system from too many microbes and such that the body would do better to bulid an immunity to anyway - at least I've heard that claim from some ex-pats)

I'm dealing with that very problem right now.

But... Queen... not liking Queen?

What's the world coming to?

I don't like Bohemian Rhapsody. I remember it being No 1 for about 9 weeks when I was young. It seemed like forever. Still don't like it. Yes I have seen Wayne's World etc. It just went into too many different directions for me.

I like Seven Seas of Rhye and Killer Queen from the early stuff and It's a Kinda Magic (yup Highlander fan) and Flash from the later stuff.

For fun' date=' here's my top 172 Alternative songs of the 1990s (1990-1999) - while I did this from a much larger list of top 100 Alternative songs I have for each of those years to achieve a simple top 100, I actually compiled this top 172 as I felt there was a break-point at 172 below which I felt there was a clear break in quality. [/quote']I wouldn't mind haveing a look at the bigger lists. Could you e-mail them to me?

And I noticed that you included an Aussie band (#38). :)

Guest Worldmaker

Before last night' date=' Kerry had zero chance. Now he has some chance to win. That means [i']thousands[/i] of dollars in increased taxes for me to pay. It would also mean that my daily life, commuting into NYC on public transportation each day - would become more dangerous. I'd seriously think about taking a job away from NYC if Kerry got elected. Heck, I'd seriously think about moving away from the fallout radius.

I think you're making far too much out of it.

are you feeling as alone as I am Bazza? Lemming' date=' Enforcer, Von D-man... Hell, even that crazy old Rachel has managed to find someone...[/quote']

{Mr T} keep away from me you fool. And don't get any ideas. {/Mr T}

{Mr T} keep away from me you fool. {/Mr T}

I'd just like everyone to know that Bazza and I both stand by my assesment of cra'aa'aazy old Rachel the NGD cat lady and how even she managed to find somebody, probably because she used her craaa'aa'aazy mind control powers, which she got after she gave Saddam Who's Sane weapons of ass destruction and then voted for Al Gore in the last election.

I'd just like everyone to know that Bazza and I both stand by my assesment of cra'aa'aazy old Rachel the NGD cat lady and how even she managed to find somebody' date=' probably because she used her craaa'aa'aazy mind control powers, which she got after she gave Saddam Who's Sane weapons of ass destruction and then voted for Al Gore in the last election.[/quote']

How can I agree to it when this is the first I've heard of it?

I wouldn't mind haveing a look at the bigger lists. Could you e-mail them to me?

And I noticed that you included an Aussie band (#38). :)

you know I have a few Aussie Bands on my top 20 favorite bands and by a few I mean three: Regurgitator, Paramaecium and Mortification.

Take That ? fan of English Boy bands are we Rage ?

You have to wake up pretty early in the afternoon to thwart this Tribble. And remember Rage Practice make Prefect, Practice makes Prefect.

I was a Prefect at my old College, it was great I abused my authority, I shmoosed and I made sure that anything I gave a stuff about got done while snubbing all the jocks.

Yes, I was the only arts prefect who wasn't a stoner, therefore I was the only arts student in Paraparaumu who was "compitent"