Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

re: Quartermain Disadvantages PDF

It's rather obviously taken from a point before I started submitting to the Master List of Limitations, as none of my additions are present, and ones with similar names are the few that are substantially different from the Master List.

Some "editorializing" comments have been removed, others very clearly have not, making the source material very obvious.

Interesting.

Guest Worldmaker

re: Quartermain Disadvantages PDF

It's rather obviously taken from a point before I started submitting to the Master List of Limitations, as none of my additions are present, and ones with similar names are the few that are substantially different from the Master List.

Some "editorializing" comments have been removed, others very clearly have not, making the source material very obvious.

Interesting.

I found one of your contributions quoted verbatim in the .pdf, Scott.

Be that as it may, the siteowner will be replacing the file with a link to the Master Lists, so all is right with the world.

This is the most awesome thing I have heard of in a long time. I wish my parents got me presents like this when I was a wee one.

Heyyyyy... I wonder, if John grovels and begs and pleads enough, if he could convince Toriyama to do an episode of me hooking up with the guys from Dragonball Z... oooooooooohhh...

oh, wait, I wasn't supposed to say that.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Worldmaker

Heyyyyy... I wonder' date=' if John grovels and begs and pleads enough, if he could convince Toriyama to do an episode of me hooking up with the guys from [i']Dragonball Z[/i]... oooooooooohhh...

oh, wait, I wasn't supposed to say that.

Well that certainly threw a bucket of cold water over the joy present in the original message.

Guest Worldmaker

Nah... it really was amazingly cool of your mom to do all that for her grandson. Definitely the most original gift I'd heard of in years.

Did you get your son to go to sleep yet?

Yep. But I seem to be in an insomniac fit.

Join the club. It's 11:30pm here in Phoenix, and I am wide awake, while John is sleeping and snoring away on the couch behind me.

Thank God I've got headphones, at least I can listen to music while he's sawing logs back there (ever heard a chainsaw cutting through rebar? That's John...)

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Worldmaker

Join the club. It's 11:30pm here in Phoenix, and I am wide awake, while John is sleeping and snoring away on the couch behind me.

Thank God I've got headphones, at least I can listen to music while he's sawing logs back there (ever heard a chainsaw cutting through rebar? That's John...)

Becky's asleep in the bed behind me, as usual. I've got my headphones on, as well. Its 1:23 am.

*shrug*

I figure if the insomnia bout continues again into the wee hours of the morning, I'll just play Worms World Party or something til I fall asleep at the keyboard.

All I need to remember are those eight most important words...

"Don't start a game of Medieval: Total War."

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I found one of your contributions quoted verbatim in the .pdf, Scott.

Be that as it may, the siteowner will be replacing the file with a link to the Master Lists, so all is right with the world.

That's cool. Did you just contact the webmaster for the site itself or the ISP? More often people who post unoriginal stuff will immediately rectify the situation when they're contacted directly.

Guest Worldmaker

That's cool. Did you just contact the webmaster for the site itself or the ISP? More often people who post unoriginal stuff will immediately rectify the situation when they're contacted directly.

I contacted the webmaster himself.

Damn' date=' has it already been that long lemming? I wish you luck in your job search.[/quote']

Since July. Found some more cash so streched out a bit more time. So far, I've got more leads outside of the Portland area than in it. That's not going to be good.

Does being awake til 4am count? That's what time I finally nodded off. That does NOT count me being woken up at 7:30am by the little f***ers upstairs again.

Hence the reason it's now 10am and I just got up.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Works for me. Can I get a ruling from the judges?

Judges say yes, that counts.

Guest Worldmaker

What's worse than being awake and unable to sleep is going to bed tired, sleeping for an hour and a half, and then waking up suddenly and abruptly and be unable to get back to sleep.

What's worse than being awake and unable to sleep is going to bed tired' date=' sleeping for an hour and a half, and then waking up suddenly and abruptly and be unable to get back to sleep.[/quote']

Yes. that does. I wound up finally going to sleep at 8:30 am, but I'm feeling rested.

I'm beginning to think I have sleep apnea.

Damn. I had that, took about six years to get it pushed thru via my doctors and because of my wife. We wound up sleeping in different rooms because I was so loud. I'd stop breathing, then suddenly snort, wheeze, etc... very loudly. Took six months of prodding my insurance from my doctor to get a sleep study. Three weeks after my study I was having surgery since they considered it life threatening.