Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

To all of those who think of White Heat as a "straight man"' date=' allow me to educate you by sharing an argument that I totaly swear I am [b']not[/b] making up we had earlier this evening...

WH: I’m nekkid under all these clothes!

K: Well.. yeah… I’m nekkind under all of MY clothes, too.

WH: Nuh uh!

K: Why not?

WH: Cus you got unnerroos on.

K: Well, them is clothes, too, and I’m naked under them.

WH: Nuh uh! Unnerroos is *not* clothes.

K: Yes they are!

WH: Nu uh!

K: Why not?

WH: Because them don’t show!

K: Well.. your towel doesn’t show… so you isn’t nekkid under your clothes, either!

WH: Yes I am! A tower ((not a typo, but a deliberate pronunciation on her part)) isn’t clothes, an it isn't unnerroos neither! So is still true I am nekkid unnerneath alla my clothes!

K: There you go, making special exemptions for yourself again.

WH: Look! If you saw a woman walkin’ down the road wearin’ nuthin but a tower, you’d say to her “Lady! Go put some clothes on!†Which means a tower isn’t clothes!

K: Actually, I’d say “Hey lady! Get that towel out of the way!â€

WH: Point being…! Towers isn’t clothes!

K: Which means you are *not* nekked underneath all of your clothes!

WH: I am too!! Tower’s aren’t clothes, no!

If I was in the room with a nekked lady, I sure wouldn't be arguing. :D

Guest Skaramine

The cops in Tulare lived' date=' but are crippled to the point of retirement. I don't recall if the ones in Galt were seriously injured, but the AWOL soldier was shot and killed on site. No trial for him.[/quote']

Good. Anyone who shoots at a cop in uniform should end up DRT.

Dead. Right. There.

Guest Skaramine

But that was sort of the whole point... she wasn't really nekkid. Well' date=' OK, [b']eventually[/b] she was, but not at the time we were discussing it...

lucky...

Good. Anyone who shoots at a cop in uniform should end up DRT.

Dead. Right. There.

So far in Missouri, no one who has ever shot a State Trooper has ever gotten to trial. They usually never make to the arrest. They get shot "resisting."

Don't have many state troopers shot.

damn. I already repped you. sounds neat. Years ago I was going to make a knife with a "stick tang" (slender piece of metal projecting down through the handle) that instead of leather rings would use wafers cut from rowan, ash and ALder (?memory slipping) I was told it would have to be "ritually harvested" to have any positive effects, and decided that would be going too far for my own beliefs.

IMO

I can accept that things have power and still be a Christian. Partaking in rituals... not so sure.

:(

Should you (or anyone else on the NGD) decide to commission me to make a plaque/oil/whatever for you, I'll knock off 10% as an "NGD Discount." (That goes for you too, Mightybec, sorry, an order does not include free sheep or anything)

BTW, what's going to church and partaking in mass but a ritual?

Christians go to church (a specific place to worship), wear certain clothes (dress nice), have one or more people leading the group (priest/pastor/etc), recite certain prayers/songs for certain events or everyday use, often use candles/incense/holy water, and then are released.

Pagans go to circle meetings (wherever they're held), wear certain clothes (ritual wear or skyclad, although the au naturel thing is not me), have one or more people leading the group (priest/priestess), recite certain prayers/songs for certain events or everyday use, often use candles/incense/blessed water, and then are released.

See? We're not so different. :wink:

Thanks for the rep, btw...

And yes, I can email you my trailer, it's about 6.26MB, so hopefully your inbox won't explode if I send it, PM your email address to me. Some of the timing is still a little off (comes from having a slow-ass computer), but it's still pretty decent. It uses scenes from the show and some of the movies, as well as still artwork from a lot of different sources (found a great Magic card for Shiryu that totally rocks!). Have you read my story yet? :D

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Also, while I'm thinking about it Skaramine (totally tangential thinking here), I found about 20 renditions of the Mack Bolan original artwork (some site has the original oils for sale, so I swiped a few of their posted pics), so as soon as I come up with some nifty text, I'll start working on YOUR trailer. :D

I would have used the covers of the books, but I don't want the text all over them, kinda ruins the look of things in my opinion.

And I have about four or five ideas for the "music" for the trailer.

Don't I rock? :D

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Worldmaker

Doug, you need to stop writing, right now. You'll encourage poor impressionable minds to pick up guns and go on killing sprees. Their poor impressionable little minds will snap, and then where would we be?

:rolleyes:

Thrakazog logic for you...

Guest Skaramine

Doug, you need to stop writing, right now. You'll encourage poor impressionable minds to pick up guns and go on killing sprees. Their poor impressionable little minds will snap, and then where would we be?

:rolleyes:

Thrakazog logic for you...

What set your panties on fire, you whiny little twit?

Guest Worldmaker

What set your panties on fire' date=' you whiny little twit?[/quote']

The argument that "bad" ideas engender bad thoughts that inevitably create bad actions. :rolleyes:

Its complete and utter bullshit, but I can't get anyone to see it, and its frustrating me.

Guest Skaramine

Now if I could just find some really good Mack Bolan quotes, I'd be set. You know, his philosophy on things, really kick-ass lines, whatever, then I'd really get this thing off the ground.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Alice used to have ALL the Mackspeak from the series (the Executioners usually open with a quote, and Mack's response).

I'll see what I can look up.

Awesome, that would really help... I have a few ideas on how to do it, but I'm lacking the text like I have on my own trailer (like my whole thing on "where a life has no value, where an ambition has no limits," etc...)

*pauses as she listens to the opening theme to the first Spiderman film*

And I may just have found another piece of music to do your trailer to...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Guest Skaramine

Awesome, that would really help... I have a few ideas on how to do it, but I'm lacking the text like I have on my own trailer (like my whole thing on "where a life has no value, where an ambition has no limits," etc...)

*pauses as she listens to the opening theme to the first Spiderman film*

And I may just have found another piece of music to do your trailer to...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I looked, the quotes aren't there. I'll do a google search.

the problem is in the KIND of ritual. SOME rather frown on being involved in other faiths ceremonies unless it is a matter of respect in a joint event.

I used to say I was a mostly converted Pagan Barbarian. TOo much Celtic blood in my veins, I guess. ;)

Should you (or anyone else on the NGD) decide to commission me to make a plaque/oil/whatever for you, I'll knock off 10% as an "NGD Discount." (That goes for you too, Mightybec, sorry, an order does not include free sheep or anything)

BTW, what's going to church and partaking in mass but a ritual?

Christians go to church (a specific place to worship), wear certain clothes (dress nice), have one or more people leading the group (priest/pastor/etc), recite certain prayers/songs for certain events or everyday use, often use candles/incense/holy water, and then are released.

Pagans go to circle meetings (wherever they're held), wear certain clothes (ritual wear or skyclad, although the au naturel thing is not me), have one or more people leading the group (priest/priestess), recite certain prayers/songs for certain events or everyday use, often use candles/incense/blessed water, and then are released.

See? We're not so different. :wink:

Thanks for the rep, btw...

And yes, I can email you my trailer, it's about 6.26MB, so hopefully your inbox won't explode if I send it, PM your email address to me. Some of the timing is still a little off (comes from having a slow-ass computer), but it's still pretty decent. It uses scenes from the show and some of the movies, as well as still artwork from a lot of different sources (found a great Magic card for Shiryu that totally rocks!). Have you read my story yet? :D

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko