Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Approximately 10 days after the ordeal began, my girlfriend is finished moving. Ten days. That's me going over there every friggin' day for ten days, regardless of whether I worked that day or not, and spending at least 2 hours every day (the average is more like 4-5) helping her with something.

But she's done.

Oh, and in the process of getting screwed by my now-former web host--I paid my bill, they automatically billed me AGAIN, and then AGAIN, after I expressly told them not to--I ran out of money.

Completely.

My girlfriend owes me $500. You remember, she's the one who bought a couch and a loveseat right before the move. Yeah.

Does she offer to pay it to me? Not recently, no, and certainly not when I told her I my account had just been emptied. She asked if anything was going to bounce, and my reply was, "I don't think so, but there's nothing I can do about it anyway."

Still no money.

If I wasn't such a wuss and didn't think the break-up would drag on for friggin' years I'd end it right now.

Ouch.

Mixing relationships and finances is never a good idea. It always ends up messily. Unless you're married, then it's all the same money, anyway.

Guest Skaramine

I understand' date=' I am just trying to get things on a more even keel than we have been.[/quote']

Let me stuff my shit back in its bottle.

Jack did contribute.

He also was abusive.

When he was in a good mood, he was a sweetheart.

When he wanted to be nasty, he didn't care who he attacked.

Then again, I see too much of myself in him.

Let me stuff my shit back in its bottle.

Jack did contribute.

He also was abusive.

When he was in a good mood, he was a sweetheart.

When he wanted to be nasty, he didn't care who he attacked.

Then again, I see too much of myself in him.

That was imo part of the problem. Both of you have just enough similarities to grind, like mis-aligned teeth.

If everyone who had ever been abusive here was banned, there would be about 6 members. :(

And I certainly would not have been one of them.

Guest Skaramine

Hope you get better as well. And good advice to Skaramine.

Sorry, Lemming. My original response was way too ugly.

I'm not kicking people while they're down anymore.

Do you suffer from long term memory loss? I don't remember...

I see that someone else listens to Chumbawumba for songs other than Tub Thumping. I believe that is an excerpt from "Amnesia". A very good song, I must say. I also heard that song on an NFL commercial once.

DOn't' date=' please! If you do, everyone will start comparing notes on him and we will discover he isn't real.[/quote']

He's real since I have met him. Now you need to ask yourself, am I real? Then, after you ask yourself that and have a good answer, ask yourself if you are real. What IS real? How many philosophers does it take to determine if something is real?

He's real since I have met him. Now you need to ask yourself' date=' am I real? Then, after you ask yourself that and have a good answer, ask yourself if you are real. What IS real? How many philosophers does it take to determine if something is real?[/quote']

One, but he'll be wrong about whether the rest of the world exists because he basis his thesis on the assumption that God exists.

^ v ^

Yeah, I hated that I could poke a hole in Descartes' argument so easily.

Guest Worldmaker

The behavior of certain people on the boards were getting me angry to the point that my blood pressure had increased dramatically, so I took some time off. I needed the break, so I took it.

At this time, I'm cool with pretty much everything, except for the fact that one certain person is still badmouthing me whenever and wherever he sees the opportunity, and all anyone else has ever said or done about it is waggle their fingers and say "That's not nice."

Me, I get lectured. Him? He gets an knowing wink.

I see that someone else listens to Chumbawumba for songs other than Tub Thumping. I believe that is an excerpt from "Amnesia". A very good song' date=' I must say.[/quote']

You are correct, sir. For a while I had that part of the refrain setup as an MP3 ringer on my cell. Currently however it is a cutting from Spider (TMBG).

:D

Guest Worldmaker

What do you want us to do jack. Take him out back a flog him with a wet noodle? You also don't know how many PMs get sent either. So get off the cross' date=' we need the wood.[/quote']

Parity in public response would be nice. Just for a start. Not too much to ask, I think. You see, when someone sees a need to excoriate me, they do so quite publically and everybody EVERY GOD-DAMNED BODY EXCEPT SOMEONE WHO TURNED OUT TO BE A MIRAGE just sits by quietly and lets it happen. I, on the other hand, get lectured. Publically. By, among others, you.

So a bit of equal treatment, for either me or for him, would be a nice place to start.

Oh, and Lemming? About that martyr thing: kiss off. I'd only be playing the martyr if it wasn't actually happening.

Parity in public response would be nice. Just for a start. Not too much to ask, I think. You see, when someone sees a need to excoriate me, they do so quite publically and everybody EVERY GOD-DAMNED BODY EXCEPT SOMEONE WHO TURNED OUT TO BE A MIRAGE just sits by quietly and lets it happen. I, on the other hand, get lectured. Publically. By, among others, you.

So a bit of equal treatment, for either me or for him, would be a nice place to start.

Well, if you're going to be that thin skinned. I probably wince more from Doug's postings than yours, but will it help if I just call you both asses?

I respect both your works, but sometimes the two of you are tiring.

Oh, and Lemming? About that martyr thing: kiss off. I'd only be playing the martyr if it wasn't actually happening.

Well, the reason I deleted my post and almost didn't notice this was I realized I was coming off a bad day and I've dealt just a bit much with the martyr syndrome for the past week. So my apologies for posting it at all.

Not the person you want to hear from, I'm sure, and this isn't meant to be trite or condescending, but why not just let it go? Do what you're good at (gaming, recipes, what-have-you) and just let it go.

I honestly don't think people are taking sides between you and Doug (or anyone else, for that matter), at least not in generalities (specific debates are another matter). For me, at least, it's gotten to the point where I just roll my eyes when I see Doug take a hack at you and scroll right past it. Doug is just being an asshat when he posts his crap about you; you come across as being an arrogant asshat. His posts don't seem to rile anyone but you (which is not a condonation of said posts); your posts, on the other hand, tend to push everyone's buttons. Your posts reek of arrogance and of a claim to maturity that you're simply not demonstrating. Intelligence and knowledge, definitely, but neither courtesy nor humility nor maturity ranks very highly on your list of "strong personality traits".

Seriously, you can't be better than he is if you persist in fanning the flames, and I'm pretty sure you can be better. Go and cook something, eat something, have a cup of Earl Grey, make a character, watch a movie or do whatever it is you need to do to relax and just let it go.