Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

The BBC is now showing before Christmas, Walking With Monsters. Giant Scorpions 1 and 3 metres big. Viscious sharks and the first fish.

It's delightful. And this is the pre-Dinosaur life on Earth

The Discovery Channel aired a cool show the other day called "Chased By Sea Monsters." The premise was an actual nature show host (I forget his name - the one who kinda looks like Robin Williams) traveling through time and diving with the most dangerous sea creatures that ever lived. It was all done in faux-documentary style and was quite effective. Very cool.

Drink a lot of alcohol. That helps in the understanding.

Does it really? Because I'm really confused. :confused: I see one shot, they all clap. Then I see a similar shot, and there's groaning and the announcer says "That's too bad." Are they making it up as they go?

It was funny to hear an announcer say that one athlete had her baby with her today, which was bound to be a distraction... :rolleyes::lol:

Does it really? Because I'm really confused. :confused: I see one shot, they all clap. Then I see a similar shot, and there's groaning and the announcer says "That's too bad." Are they making it up as they go?

It was funny to hear an announcer say that one athlete had her baby with her today, which was bound to be a distraction... :rolleyes::lol:

Did you know that matches often (if not generally) last for 2 days or more?

Welcome to the whacky world of curling - the game invented to make golf look like fun!

Actually, I have no idea. Just speculating because curling is Scandinavian in origin, and just about all such things make a lot more sense when you're snockered. I mean, big round rocks, brooms, ice. Add intoxication and a couple of Norwegians and you've got a great ethnic joke started... :rolleyes:

I could probably find out. The Seattle Curling Club is walking distance from my house, and I drive past it most days.