Re: Musings on Random Musings

1969 Dodge Charger "General Lee"

1983 DeLorean incl. Flux Capacitor

1974 Ford Torino "Starsky and Hutch"

1982 Pontiac Trans Am "Knight Industries Two Thousand (KITT)"

1958 Plymouth Belvedere "Christine"

1966 Chrysler Imperial "Black Beauty"

1973 Ford Falcon XB Coupe "Last of the V8 Interceptors"

???? Aston Martin DB5 (as modified by Q)

1968 Ford Mustang fastback "Bullitt"

1963 Volkswagen Beetle "Herbie the Love Bug"

1983 Ford G-series Van "The A-Team"

1967 Shelby GT500 "Eleanor"

What's this?

The League of Extraordinary Cars?

Well...sure' date=' why not? I'm beholden to no one![/quote']

You missed a great show, man.

Twenty piece orchestra. Laser lights.

Almost all classic songs, with two new pieces that sounded like vintage stuff.

Encore: Old and Wise, Games People Play

Oh, and Godfrey Townsend, the lead guitarist, is a freakin' guitar god...a god! :hail: :hail:

You missed a great show, man.

Twenty piece orchestra. Laser lights.

Almost all classic songs, with two new pieces that sounded like vintage stuff.

Encore: Old and Wise, Games People Play

Oh, and Godfrey Townsend, the lead guitarist, is a freakin' guitar god...a god! :hail: :hail:

Rub it in why don't you!

Did they play "In the Real World" ?

Rub it in why don't you!

Well, yeah! Jealous? :D

Did they play "In the Real World" ?

I'm afraid not. Let's see if I can remember (out of order )

Eye in the Sky

I Robot

I Wouldn't Want to be Like You

Don't Let it Show

What Goes Up...

Don't Answer Me

Breakdown

More Lost Without You (new)

We Play the Game (new)

Old and Wise

Games People Play

Prime Time

(Prime Time had the big music interlude, including a duel between the keyboardist and guitarist. Simply awesome.)

Some of my favorites were missing (there are so many), but some showed up I didn't expect. Don't Let it Show was much better live than I would have imagined.

Interesting side notes:

Alan Parsons looks like Kevin Smith...in a Captain Morgan's coat. Neat.

The drummer is the spitting image of David Spade.

I sat next to a blind man who seemed to be really enjoying it. The show was much more aural than visual, so why not? I just thought that was neat.

Well' date=' [i']yeah![/i] Jealous? :D

I'm afraid not. Let's see if I can remember (out of order )

Eye in the Sky

I Robot

I Wouldn't Want to be Like You

Don't Let it Show

What Goes Up...

Don't Answer Me

Breakdown

More Lost Without You (new)

We Play the Game (new)

Old and Wise

Games People Play

Prime Time

(Prime Time had the big music interlude, including a duel between the keyboardist and guitarist. Simply awesome.)

Some of my favorites were missing (there are so many), but some showed up I didn't expect. Don't Let it Show was much better live than I would have imagined.

Interesting side notes:

Alan Parsons looks like Kevin Smith...in a Captain Morgan's coat. Neat.

The drummer is the spitting image of David Spade.

I sat next to a blind man who seemed to be really enjoying it. The show was much more aural than visual, so why not? I just thought that was neat.

Oh well, it still would have been nice.

I'd love to see The Real World and Let's Talk About Me live though.

Enforcer vs. Egyptoid

now we'd need some ground rules.

character sheets, maybe a poll,

knock down drag out fight between our avatars,

something to fight over, rules of engagement,

and a setting.

pre-game show

the big match up

post game analysis

Welcome to the main event...

In this corner, hailing from 'east of the pacific', wearing black and white trunks... the man who killed Jack Bauer, the TORNADO of Taglines, the quintuple millenia master with over 235 REP POWER... it's ENFORCER84!

And in this corner, hailing from Virginia, wearing a beard and glasses... The shape with cosmic power on a 14 or less, with 59 REP POWER to his name, the man who doesn't understand what's so funny about peace love and understanding... EGYPTOID!!!

LET'S GET READY TO RUMMMMMM-BLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!

Losing one's job is scary enough' date=' but on top of that I might just up and change careers. From the IT industry to bartending. It might take a while, and it's gonna be hard, but I just can't see me being a corporate monkey anymore.[/quote']

You'll probably be happier. I went from Corporate drone to working for an animal sanctuary. Much happier now about my job.

You'll probably be happier. I went from Corporate drone to working for an animal sanctuary. Much happier now about my job.

Agreed.

I went from Acting school to shipping and recieving, to running a trucking company which I had the opportunity to buy... then I quit everything, packed my life into my jetta and drove from Windsor Ontario to Vancouver British Columbia and restarted my life.

Now I'm back into acting, going to school again and having the time of my life...

I'm hoping. I'll have to keep a day job for a while (probably at less pay than I was getting with IBM), but I'm also starting barbacking next month with the potential of picking up a Sunday night shift soon thereafter, the idea being to determine if I really want to do this.

I've spent all of my adult life in bars. I've done everything you can do except bartend. I've been a bouncer, a barback, a karaoke host, a DJ and a line cook. Now, I don't want to work or own a bar&grill just yet, but the experience was useful. The point is, bars are what I know and love. I know I can do this on a mental and emotional level; it's a matter of being able to transition financially (i.e. I ain't selling the house to bartend).

I've become good friends with the owner of my favorite neighborhood watering hole, and after talking at length with him about bartending and (hopefully) owning my own place one day, his reply was something along the lines of a knowing smile and "About time you realized what we all knew." He has offered me anything I need to get started--training, a job, advice, etc--anything except a loan and/or the keys to his bar. He's even intimated he'd work for me if I ever get a place of my own, just to help get things going.

You can't do much better than having a ready-made mentor in place if you wanna switch careers. Hopefully this'll all work out.

In the meantime, back to the job searches...

suggestions on how the E vs. E fight should progress?

I expect both sides will pull abdominal muscles while doing their flexing show-off routines before the opening bell, and crawl back whimpering to the locker rooms without a fight taking place.

I expect both sides will pull abdominal muscles while doing their flexing show-off routines before the opening bell' date=' and crawl back whimpering to the locker rooms without a fight taking place.[/quote']

Shows what you know! It was my deltoid!