Desolidification Trick ... De-Armoring?

CrosshairCollie

A power stunt that I'm not sure how to build in HERO ... someone who has Desolidification turning someone's power armor intangible, so the person within moves right out of it (or, alternately, reaching through the armor and turning the person within intangible, and pulling them out). Obviously, this only works with the Shadowcat-style Desolidification ... anybody have any idea how to do this?

Re: Desolidification Trick ... De-Armoring?

Well, a couple of ideas come to mind. You could do suppress vs armor, vs suits/pieces only, if you exceed the active points (doubled as its an adjustment power vs a defense), armor is gone. You could put an -all or nothing- limitation on it to prevent the case where the armor is partially removed.

Alternately, you could use the old standby, transform armor into desolidified armor.

I would actually go with Suppress instead of Dispel.

This way you can stop the power, and the armor resolidifies automatically after you've done whatever. With Dispel it has to be "turned back on" by the user.

From the brief description Supress: armor (the Special Effect not the power) might be the best choice.

I would actually go with Suppress instead of Dispel.

This way you can stop the power, and the armor resolidifies automatically after you've done whatever. With Dispel it has to be "turned back on" by the user.

From the brief description Supress: armor (the Special Effect not the power) might be the best choice.

Not if the armor has the Focus limitation :D

I'd use dispell and just remark that to resart the power invovles getting back into the armor...what if the armors attached to the person like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Shell? you could add a limitation to the dispell to make it work only on Foci.

I'd use dispell and just remark that to resart the power invovles getting back into the armor...what if the armors attached to the person like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Shell? you could add a limitation to the dispell to make it work only on Foci.

Yeah ... the trick was specifically for power armor. The problem with the Suppress is that the armor is intended to remain behind when the person within moves, so he/she would have to spend 12 seconds putting the thing back on to reactivate the power. ;)

The suggestions are fine, but what are the SFX for this, i.e., why power armor and not, say, tanks or robots? Or even if those things are included, how does this work? Just wondering now. And, yes, partly because it's a kinda munchkiney power, though I can imagine a number of rationales, so I'm curioujs as to what the player's (or your) rationale is.