How to: "intellectual speed"

Kristopher

I'm looking for some thoughts on how different people might represent a Superheroic-level character who is fairly fast in combat (6 SPD), but thinks increadibly fast, can do little fine-manipulation-type things (like type) increadibly fast, etc.

Example: despite not being cyberkinetic, she can keep up with Cybermind online simply because she thinks and types blazingly fast.

Any ideas?

(Sorry if this seems semi-coherent, I'm exhausted but I can't sleep.)

Re: How to: "intellectual speed"

I'm looking for some thoughts on how different people might represent a Superheroic-level character who is fairly fast in combat (6 SPD), but thinks increadibly fast, can do little fine-manipulation-type things (like type) increadibly fast, etc.

Example: despite not being cyberkinetic, she can keep up with Cybermind online simply because she thinks and types blazingly fast.

Any ideas?

(Sorry if this seems semi-coherent, I'm exhausted but I can't sleep.)

well speed reading is obvious...

for the rest I would just make a speedster tricks VPP limited to your special effect (that is no actual movement powers per se, just the typing and such.)

the VPP could be used for various change environments for most effects.

Without directly quoting the Until Superpowers Database, (if you have it, check under Speedster) you can buy Skill Levels to offset the penalties for performing tasks faster on the Time Chart. By putting some appropriate Limitations on these, you can get them fairly cheap, and do things in 1 Segment that normally take 5 Minutes, etc. etc.

KA.

speed reader, lightning calculator, and penalty skill levels vs. time penalties

that's the simplest way, but you can get funky with precog/retrocog, buying computer link with the rapid sense adder, even summon or duplication for a bifurcated mind(i.e., your duplicate or summoned consciousness resides within you--you have no other benefits than a second INT, with all the INT-based skills you know, etc)

You could do something like the write-up for Menton in CKC and purchase points of speed "just for INT-based actions" or something along those lines. Such a character could use the extra points of speed to perform data analyses (including the Analyze Skill), do extra PER rolls, use Science skills or Electronics, look up things on the Internet via remote wireless modem, etc.

Along with Speed Reading, Lightning Calculator Rapid modifier to several senses, etc., that might cover what you're looking for.