Street Fighter II HERO

Susano

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Street Fighter II HEROHere's my take on Dan. Its a bit more serious take, everything I read from "official" capcom stories indicate he's a wuss.Dan HibikiPlayer: NPC; Fighting Game Universe; Dan Hibiki created by CAPCOM

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
23 DEX 39
25 CON 30
12 BODY 4
13 INT 3
16 EGO 12
18 PRE 8
12 COM 1
18 PD 11
14 ED 6
5 SPD 17
10 REC 2
50 END 0
50 STUN 15
6"/8" RUN02" SWIM04"/9" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 158
Cost Power END
104 Saikyou-Ryuu Special Attacks : Multipower, 104-point reserve
3u 1) Gadoken:: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); Gestures: Instant Power (-1/4) 4
3u 2) Koryuken: (Total: 41 Active Cost, 28 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (31 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 21) plus Flight 5" (10 Active Points); Generic Limitation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) 2
5u 3) Dankuyaku: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 53 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus Flight 10" (20 Active Points); Generic Limitation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 13) 4
7u 4) Kuchuu Dankuyaku: (Total: 104 Active Cost, 73 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 47) plus Flight 12" (24 Active Points); Generic Limitation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 16) plus Generic Fixed-Cost Power (10 Active Points) (Real Cost: 10) 4
18 Koryu Rekka: Hand-to-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Extra Time: full phase (-1/2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 1
25 Hissouri Buri-Ken: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) HA +4d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 15) plus +4 with OCV (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Linked (HA; -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) 5
25 Saikyo Defense: Energy Blast 5d6, Trigger (Successful Block; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (62 Active Points); NO DAMAGE(Save for Knockback Damage) (-1 1/2) 0
20 Shinku Gadoken: Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Extra Time: full phase (-1/2) [Notes: Damage added to Gadoken] 3
15 Anger Management (Mind Control): Mind Control 6d6 (30 Active Points); Only to make victim mad at Dan Hibiki (-1) 3
3 Accute senses: +1 PER with All Sense Groups 0
5 Stubbornness : Mental Defense (8 points total) 0
4 very swift: Running +2" (6"/8" total) 1
5 Athletic Leaper: Superleap +5" (4"/9" forward, 2"/4 1/2" upward) 1
2 Fighting Stance: Knockback Resistance -1" 0
5 Lack of Weakness (Ki Armor): Lack of Weakness (-5) 0
5 Ki Defenses: Power Defense (5 points) 0
12 Ki Toughness: Damage Resistance (7 PD/5 ED), Invisible: To All Senses (+1) (12 Active Points) 0
12 Ki Defenses: Missile Deflection (Arrows, Slings, Etc.), +1 OVC with Deflection 0
Powers Cost: 278
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
20 +5 HTH Damage Class(es)
Karate Saikyou-Ryuu
4 1) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 11d6 Strike
4 2) Atemi Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 4 1/2d6 NND
3 3) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 10d6 Strike, Target Falls
5 4) Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 13d6 Strike
4 5) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 6) Chop: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 2d6
4 7) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 55 STR to Disarm roll
4 8) Escape: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
Martial Arts Cost: 52
Cost Skill
20 +4 with HTH Combat
12 +4 with Saikyou-Ryuu Karate
5 Breakfall 15-
5 Climbing 15-
5 Stealth 15-
2 KS: Martial Arts Styles 11-
4 KS: Saikyou-Ryuu Karate 13-
1 KS: Shotokan Karate 8-
2 KS: Street Fighter Circuit 11-
4 KS: Taunting 13-
9 Interrogation 16-
9 Oratory 16-
9 Streetwise 16-
1 Professional Skill: Sensai 8-
6 Professional Skill: Taunter 16-
Skills Cost: 94
Cost Perk
4 Reputation (A large group) ; 11-, +2/+2d6
25 Followers
10 Vehicles & Bases
Perks Cost: 39
Cost Talent
5 Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 11
Val Disadvantages
10 Enraged: If treated with less than utmost respect: Common, go 8-, recover 14-
5 Distinctive Features: Loud and Brash, wears pastel gis: Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
10 Distinctive Features: Saikyou-Ryuu: Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
20 Dependent NPC: Students 11- (Occasionally) (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
15 Psychological Limitation: Fiercely Proud of himself/Egomaniac Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Emotional, High strung (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable Common, Total
15 Reputation: "Self Made" Martial Arts Master: , Almost Always (14-)
10 Reputation: Wannabe Shotokan Fighter: , Frequently (11-)
10 Rivalry: Shotokan Fighters: Professional (; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
5 Unluck: +1d6
Disadvantage Points: 135

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 297Total Experience Available: 305Experience Unspent: 8Total Character Cost: 632

Height: 1.85 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 84.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Dan Hibiki is a rather plain young man with long brown hair in a pony tail with a single long lock that hangs over his face. He wears some of the most ugly gis in martial arts. He generally accesorizes with brown wrist/hand guards, and a black sleeveless shirt underneith. He always wears a black belt with his school's name in japanese characters. When not in "uniform", he wears tight blue jeans, black muscle shirts and vests of ugly pastel colors. He is not a fashion plate.Personality: Dan was originally an obssessed seeker of vengance. He has matured some what from those days and is now an obsessed seeker of martial arts perfection. He feels that his style is worthy of students and he fights whenever he can to show how powerful his style is.Quote:Anyone can fight... But no one can show off like I can!

I win for you, father!!

Now, you know who's really got the skills!

So, now you know what it feels like to be a total loser.

Sore loser! Don't go around beating up inanimate objects!

Yahoo! Don't you just love that phrase!? YAHOO! YAHOO! YAHOO!

You can't be a true martial artist without showmanship!

You've never heard of me? Give me a break! I'm Dan Hibiki

All Quotes provided by Robert Iu Dan Faq

Background: Dan Hibiki is the ugly stepchild of the Streetfighter Universe. He was created to mock Ryo and

Robert of the Art of Fighting and King of Fighters games, two of the most obvious Ken and Ryu

knockoffs ever. In the arcade games he is a weak character whose specialty is taunting opponents.

He is difficult to master and has become somtheing of a test of skills for Streetfighter Players.

Dan's father was a powerful fighter, he was apparently a Muay Thai fighter who, during a sparring battle with Sagat, accidentally took the Muay Thai Champion's eye. Blinded by pain and rage, Sagat beat the elder Hibiki to death. Young Dan attacked the Streetfighter but was destroyed. He travelled to the dojo of the famous sensai, Gouken. Dan trained with Gouken for a while, but his anger, and burning hatred for Sagat led Master Gouken to expell him. Undaunted, Dan trained by himself. He forced his body to become strong. He took the rudimentary Shotokan Knowledge he possessed and built his own style Saikyou-Ryuu (The Strongest Style). His style basically looks like a limited version of Shotokan but don't tell him that. Feeling his superior style would enable him to take revenge, Dan joined the Streetfighter circuit. He has brutally beaten by Sagat and watched furiously as Ryu defeated the Muay Thai champion. He attempted again the following year and was defeated by Ken before he could challenge Sagat. His fortunes at their lowest ebb, he found himself facing the green monster Blanka. It was during this combat that it was revealed that Blanka was his childhood friend Jimmy. Bouyed by the renewed friendship, Dan trained like a tiger. His third Streetfighter contest he faced Sagat's former student Adon, and though the Thai fighter had tremendous speed, Dan was victorious. Dan the challenged Sagat yet again. The fight was inconclusive since Dan was struck from behind by a blow from Sagat's employer, Lord Bison. Sagat felt ashamed and sought out fight Dan again. They did battle and seeing Dan's anger, pain, and determination reminded Sagat what he had almost become, rather than allow Dan to slip down the road to soulessnes, Sagat allowed Dan to win. Sagat was impressed with Dan's style insomuch that Dan actually developed a halfway decent style on his own. He told Dan that the next time they met, it would be a test of warriors only, no vengence clouding their feelings. Dan however, feels he has risen above the need for revenge and is now concentrating on fighting and winning notoritey for his style.

Gaming notes (Translations):

Shagami Chouhatsu (Crouching Taunt)

Zenten Chouhatsu (Foreward Revolve Taunt)

Kouten Chouhatsu (Backward Revolve Taunt)

Gadou-Ken (Self-Taught Strike)

Koryuu-Ken (Shiny Dragon Strike)

Dankuu-Kayaku (Bullet Wind Kick or Dan's Wind Kick)

Saikyo-Ryuu Bougyou (Saikyou-Style Defense)

Shinkuu Gadou-Ken (Vacuum Self-Taught Fist)

Koryuu-Rekka (Shiny Dragon Violent Fire)

Hisshou-Burai-Ken (Certain Victory Trusting in nobody But Myself Fist)

Chouhatsu Densetsu (Legendary Taunt)

Choehatsu Shinwa (Mythical Taunt)

Powers/Tactics: Dan is a close in fighter, his ranged attacks are limited in their effectivenes and range. His ability ro hit hard and soak damage does him well in combat. His taunting ability is his legacy in the games. I have made it a mystical ability. He uses this to his advantage, making his foes fight recklessly and rush him where he is better prepared to deal with them.Campaign Use: He can be used two ways. 1) a high strung, obsessive warrior who wants to prove his style is worthy of respect and honor, or 2) as above but completely clueless, and used mostly for comedy relief. If the second one is chosen then he is an ineffective fighter and should't be played to his abilities, make him a competant normal with the Saikyou-Ryuu martial arts package (minus the DC's) and the Multi power.attachment.php?attachmentid=4348&stc=1

Re: Street Fighter II HERO

Nice write-up of Dan ... as a nitpick, however, I'd give his Gadouken 'No Range' and the Shinkuu Gadouken 'Max Range 4"' ... The Gadouken projects perhaps a foot from his hand (referring to distance 'in game', not real world measurements on the screen), and the Shinkuu just a little more.

In reference to Sagat's sheet above: Dan first appeared in Street Fighter Alpha (a 'prequel' game, as it were) as a secret character, then in SFA 2 and 3 as a regular character (though he still sucked).

Some of the fighter character sheets on Mr. Surbrook's site have a 'Rage Meter', referring to the meter that charges up for super-moves in the games, by dealing and recieving damage; it's built as Absorption into an Endurance Reserve. Dan, curiously, has the ability to build up his Super Meter by taunting his opponents (an Aid, probably). Hmm. Wish I'd written him up first. :)

What does this power do?

>Hissouri Burai-Ken: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) Generic Fixed-Cost Power (20 Active Points); Linked to Hisshouri Burai-Ken (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10)

I know' date=' I've seen your posts around here and there and I always see the stuff as Black Text on white, I don't know if its your browser or what have you, but if you have HD, I can get you Dan, Karin, and Hugo (mostly finished..)[/quote']

The thing is, I can't change the settings, cause I am on a public computer (it sucks that I can't afford a home computer). This, white leters on grey background realy hurts me. Funny, it only happens with thoes with atachments.

I know' date=' I've seen your posts around here and there and I always see the stuff as Black Text on white, I don't know if its your browser or what have you, but if you have HD, I can get you Dan, Karin, and Hugo (mostly finished..)[/quote']

Don't forget Poison. Which reminds me, would he have DF: Post-Op Transexiual disavantage? (Official news from Capcom, Poison, Hugo's valet and fellow Mad Gear member, is a guy)

Don't forget Poison. Which reminds me' date=' would he have DF: Post-Op Transexiual disavantage? (Official news from Capcom, Poison, Hugo's valet and fellow Mad Gear member, is a guy)[/quote']

Depends on where you are playing. The Capcom Japan Poison is a Trannie, but the Capcom America Poison is a woman. :)

Heck, Capcom America didn't even know Zangief was gay. Or at least they wouldn't admit it. (yet they had no trouble with Eagle...oh well)

Depends on where you are playing. The Capcom Japan Poison is a Trannie, but the Capcom America Poison is a woman. :)

Heck, Capcom America didn't even know Zangief was gay. Or at least they wouldn't admit it. (yet they had no trouble with Eagle...oh well)

What?

'Gief is gay? And Eagle also? Can't be...I always pictured Eagle being the father of Cammy. (Then again, there is no rule saying you can't father kids and be gay also...file it under 'tried that...did not like it')

Still, I can never picture 'Gief being anything other than 'all man'. (Shure, his relationship with Rainbow Mika is of a pure mentor/teacher relationship, but I also asumed that was an age difrence thing also).

'Gief is gay? And Eagle also? Can't be...I always pictured Eagle being the father of Cammy. (Then again, there is no rule saying you can't father kids and be gay also...file it under 'tried that...did not like it')

Still, I can never picture 'Gief being anything other than 'all man'. (Shure, his relationship with Rainbow Mika is of a pure mentor/teacher relationship, but I also asumed that was an age difrence thing also).

I guess in one of the Japanse games, his profile, under "Hates:" is Beautiful young women. ANd he does like to dance with mikkail gorbachov.

When I get home tonight I could post a link to the site I get my Streetfighter info from. The Capcom Faq is translated from the All About Capcom books... its very informative; and the two divisions (America and Japan) often have had different views on things...

The good news:There is a new Streetfighter RPG in the works. There are plans for books on Streetfighter, Art of Fighting, Darkstalkers and Final Fight as supplements.

The (possible) bad news:Its going to be a d20/OGL game.

What does this power do?

>Hissouri Burai-Ken: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 10 Real Cost) Generic Fixed-Cost Power (20 Active Points); Linked to Hisshouri Burai-Ken (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 10)

Hmm. In the SF games, the Hissou Burai-Ken ('Certain Victory Trusting Nobody But Myself Fist') is where Dan unloads a brutal physical and verbal beatdown on the opponent (well, okay, the physical part isn't that brutal, but he does yell a lot!).

Re: d20/OGL Capcom Fighting Games ... strikes me as a bit odd, since I don't think there's been a new Street Fighter game since Marvel vs Capcom 2 ... but hey, I'm not gonna complain!

Hmm. In the SF games, the Hissou Burai-Ken ('Certain Victory Trusting Nobody But Myself Fist') is where Dan unloads a brutal physical and verbal beatdown on the opponent (well, okay, the physical part isn't that brutal, but he does yell a lot!).

No, what I meant was: "what HERO mechanic does that use?" There isn't one listed.

The good news:There is a new Streetfighter RPG in the works. There are plans for books on Streetfighter, Art of Fighting, Darkstalkers and Final Fight as supplements.

The (possible) bad news:Its going to be a d20/OGL game.

That's great! Except for the D20 part. I don't have any decent D20 to HERO conversion material, so I'm not sure how it would work for me.

What does this power do?

Wha? Good question.. Let me take a look....Sorry, the HD file doesn't post the title of that that is +4OCV; Let me fix the power on the file and repost...

Re: Street Fighter II HEROOkay, there must have been more isses than I remembered with the Hero Creator > Hero Designer swap. Here is the corrected Dan. I will adjust the HD file in the original post to save space.Dan HibikiPlayer: NPC; Fighting Game Universe; Dan Hibiki created by CAPCOM

Val Char Cost
20 STR 10
23 DEX 39
25 CON 30
12 BODY 4
13 INT 3
16 EGO 12
18 PRE 8
12 COM 1
18 PD 11
14 ED 6
5 SPD 17
10 REC 2
50 END 0
50 STUN 15
6"/8" RUN02" SWIM04"/9" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 158
Cost Power END
104 Saikyou-Ryuu Special Attacks : Multipower, 104-point reserve
3u 1) Gadoken:: Energy Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points); Gestures: Instant Power (-1/4) 4
3u 2) Koryuken: (Total: 41 Active Cost, 28 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (31 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 21) plus Flight 5" (10 Active Points); Generic Limitation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 7) 2
5u 3) Dankuyaku: (Total: 80 Active Cost, 53 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 40) plus Flight 10" (20 Active Points); Generic Limitation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 13) 4
7u 4) Kuchuu Dankuyaku: (Total: 104 Active Cost, 73 Real Cost) Hand-to-Hand Attack +7d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (70 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) (Real Cost: 47) plus Flight 12" (24 Active Points); Generic Limitation (-1/2) (Real Cost: 16) plus Generic Fixed-Cost Power (10 Active Points) (Real Cost: 10) 4
18 Koryu Rekka: Hand-to-Hand Attack +6d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (37 Active Points); Extra Time: full phase (-1/2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 1
25 Hissouri Buri-Ken: (Total: 50 Active Cost, 25 Real Cost) HA +4d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (30 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4), Incantations (-1/4) (Real Cost: 15) plus +4 with OCV (20 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Linked (HA; -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) 5
25 Saikyo Defense: Energy Blast 5d6, Trigger (Successful Block; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4) (62 Active Points); NO DAMAGE(Save for Knockback Damage) (-1 1/2) 0
20 Shinku Gadoken: Energy Blast 6d6 (30 Active Points); Extra Time: full phase (-1/2) [Notes: Damage added to Gadoken] 3
15 Anger Management (Mind Control): Mind Control 6d6 (30 Active Points); Only to make victim mad at Dan Hibiki (-1) 3
3 Accute senses: +1 PER with All Sense Groups 0
5 Stubbornness : Mental Defense (8 points total) 0
4 very swift: Running +2" (6"/8" total) 1
5 Athletic Leaper: Superleap +5" (4"/9" forward, 2"/4 1/2" upward) 1
2 Fighting Stance: Knockback Resistance -1" 0
5 Lack of Weakness (Ki Armor): Lack of Weakness (-5) 0
5 Ki Defenses: Power Defense (5 points) 0
12 Ki Toughness: Damage Resistance (7 PD/5 ED), Invisible: To All Senses (+1) (12 Active Points) 0
12 Ki Defenses: Missile Deflection (Arrows, Slings, Etc.), +1 OVC with Deflection 0
Powers Cost: 278
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
20 +5 HTH Damage Class(es)
Karate Saikyou-Ryuu
4 1) Punch: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 11d6 Strike
4 2) Atemi Strike: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, 4 1/2d6 NND
3 3) Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 10d6 Strike, Target Falls
5 4) Kick: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, 13d6 Strike
4 5) Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 6) Chop: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 2d6
4 7) Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 55 STR to Disarm roll
4 8) Escape: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
Martial Arts Cost: 52
Cost Skill
20 +4 with HTH Combat
12 +4 with Saikyou-Ryuu Karate
5 Breakfall 15-
5 Climbing 15-
5 Stealth 15-
2 KS: Martial Arts Styles 11-
4 KS: Saikyou-Ryuu Karate 13-
1 KS: Shotokan Karate 8-
2 KS: Street Fighter Circuit 11-
4 KS: Taunting 13-
9 Interrogation 16-
9 Oratory 16-
9 Streetwise 16-
1 Professional Skill: Sensai 8-
6 Professional Skill: Taunter 16-
Skills Cost: 94
Cost Perk
4 Reputation (A large group) ; 11-, +2/+2d6
25 Followers
10 Vehicles & Bases
Perks Cost: 39
Cost Talent
5 Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)
Talents Cost: 11
Val Disadvantages
10 Enraged: If treated with less than utmost respect: Common, go 8-, recover 14-
5 Distinctive Features: Loud and Brash, wears pastel gis: Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
10 Distinctive Features: Saikyou-Ryuu: Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
20 Dependent NPC: Students 11- (Occasionally) (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
15 Psychological Limitation: Fiercely Proud of himself/Egomaniac Common, Strong
15 Psychological Limitation: Emotional, High strung (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable Common, Total
15 Reputation: "Self Made" Martial Arts Master: , Almost Always (14-)
10 Reputation: Wannabe Shotokan Fighter: , Frequently (11-)
10 Rivalry: Shotokan Fighters: Professional (; Rival is More Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
5 Unluck: +1d6
Disadvantage Points: 135

Base Points: 200Experience Required: 297Total Experience Available: 305Experience Unspent: 8Total Character Cost: 632

Height: 1.85 m Hair: Brown
Weight: 84.00 kg Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Dan Hibiki is a rather plain young man with long brown hair in a pony tail with a single long lock that hangs over his face. He wears some of the most ugly gis in martial arts. He generally accesorizes with brown wrist/hand guards, and a black sleeveless shirt underneith. He always wears a black belt with his school's name in japanese characters. When not in "uniform", he wears tight blue jeans, black muscle shirts and vests of ugly pastel colors. He is not a fashion plate.Personality: Dan was originally an obssessed seeker of vengance. He has matured some what from those days and is now an obsessed seeker of martial arts perfection. He feels that his style is worthy of students and he fights whenever he can to show how powerful his style is.Quote:Anyone can fight... But no one can show off like I can!

I win for you, father!!

Now, you know who's really got the skills!

So, now you know what it feels like to be a total loser.

Sore loser! Don't go around beating up inanimate objects!

Yahoo! Don't you just love that phrase!? YAHOO! YAHOO! YAHOO!

You can't be a true martial artist without showmanship!

You've never heard of me? Give me a break! I'm Dan Hibiki

All Quotes provided by Robert Iu Dan Faq

Background: Dan Hibiki is the ugly stepchild of the Streetfighter Universe. He was created to mock Ryo and

Robert of the Art of Fighting and King of Fighters games, two of the most obvious Ken and Ryu

knockoffs ever. In the arcade games he is a weak character whose specialty is taunting opponents.

He is difficult to master and has become somtheing of a test of skills for Streetfighter Players.

Dan's father was a powerful fighter, he was apparently a Muay Thai fighter who, during a sparring battle with Sagat, accidentally took the Muay Thai Champion's eye. Blinded by pain and rage, Sagat beat the elder Hibiki to death. Young Dan attacked the Streetfighter but was destroyed. He travelled to the dojo of the famous sensai, Gouken. Dan trained with Gouken for a while, but his anger, and burning hatred for Sagat led Master Gouken to expell him. Undaunted, Dan trained by himself. He forced his body to become strong. He took the rudimentary Shotokan Knowledge he possessed and built his own style Saikyou-Ryuu (The Strongest Style). His style basically looks like a limited version of Shotokan but don't tell him that. Feeling his superior style would enable him to take revenge, Dan joined the Streetfighter circuit. He has brutally beaten by Sagat and watched furiously as Ryu defeated the Muay Thai champion. He attempted again the following year and was defeated by Ken before he could challenge Sagat. His fortunes at their lowest ebb, he found himself facing the green monster Blanka. It was during this combat that it was revealed that Blanka was his childhood friend Jimmy. Bouyed by the renewed friendship, Dan trained like a tiger. His third Streetfighter contest he faced Sagat's former student Adon, and though the Thai fighter had tremendous speed, Dan was victorious. Dan the challenged Sagat yet again. The fight was inconclusive since Dan was struck from behind by a blow from Sagat's employer, Lord Bison. Sagat felt ashamed and sought out fight Dan again. They did battle and seeing Dan's anger, pain, and determination reminded Sagat what he had almost become, rather than allow Dan to slip down the road to soulessnes, Sagat allowed Dan to win. Sagat was impressed with Dan's style insomuch that Dan actually developed a halfway decent style on his own. He told Dan that the next time they met, it would be a test of warriors only, no vengence clouding their feelings. Dan however, feels he has risen above the need for revenge and is now concentrating on fighting and winning notoritey for his style.

Gaming notes (Translations):

Shagami Chouhatsu (Crouching Taunt)

Zenten Chouhatsu (Foreward Revolve Taunt)

Kouten Chouhatsu (Backward Revolve Taunt)

Gadou-Ken (Self-Taught Strike)

Koryuu-Ken (Shiny Dragon Strike)

Dankuu-Kayaku (Bullet Wind Kick or Dan's Wind Kick)

Saikyo-Ryuu Bougyou (Saikyou-Style Defense)

Shinkuu Gadou-Ken (Vacuum Self-Taught Fist)

Koryuu-Rekka (Shiny Dragon Violent Fire)

Hisshou-Burai-Ken (Certain Victory Trusting in nobody But Myself Fist)

Chouhatsu Densetsu (Legendary Taunt)

Choehatsu Shinwa (Mythical Taunt)

Powers/Tactics: Dan is a close in fighter, his ranged attacks are limited in their effectivenes and range. His ability ro hit hard and soak damage does him well in combat. His taunting ability is his legacy in the games. I have made it a mystical ability. He uses this to his advantage, making his foes fight recklessly and rush him where he is better prepared to deal with them.Campaign Use: He can be used two ways. 1) a high strung, obsessive warrior who wants to prove his style is worthy of respect and honor, or 2) as above but completely clueless, and used mostly for comedy relief. If the second one is chosen then he is an ineffective fighter and should't be played to his abilities, make him a competant normal with the Saikyou-Ryuu martial arts package (minus the DC's) and the Multi power.

The thing is' date=' I can't change the settings, cause I am on a public computer (it sucks that I can't afford a home computer). This, white leters on grey background realy hurts me. Funny, it only happens with thoes with atachments.[/quote']

Do you have Hero Designer?

Oh wait public computer. I've sent most of my stuff to Susano's web site. I'll send Hugo and Dan

Humm...I was wondering if you know any good Hero Play-By-EMail "Street Fighter" games being runed? I might be intrested creating a charater for it (Prehaps a rich french man who is an expert in Savat, and is infacuated with Karin? As for myself, I love Karin's hairstyle. A great question which is open to the entier house: Do you think Sausage Curls are so rair as to warent a Distinctive Feature in the modern world?)