Goodbye Washington DC

Vondy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goodbye Washington DC

Sorry, Babylon 5 :)

Vorlons? Kosh? I feel suddenly nerd-illiterate.

I don't think the country would split, at least not right away. tensions at percieved injustices might actually cause something like that, but then you get a real wildcard.

Texas and California are the secession posterchildren people mentioned. What is going to happen when the Governor announces the state is seceding, and the miltary units in the area seize him, the governor's mansion, the State house, all the radio stations...

Both states have a large military contingent, iirc. In a time of terror, I think many of the soldiers would remember their oaths to defend the country "agains any Enemies, foreign or Domestic. "

The Economy would go into the toilet, but the stump government would be issuing scrip if it had to.

Martial law is very likely.

I could see a draft being re-instituted, possibly allowing a diversion into the new CCC and other make work projects. Rampant unemployment would have people HAPPY to have work re-building the infrastructure.

I think our Highway system might actually get improved, and if the new government had a brain, they would use the labor corps to build high efficiency trains, new power plants, upgrade the various buildings and industries energy efficiency...

Rationing of Fuel would have to happen due to disruptions.

In the immediate aftermath the power failures would be horrendous. Though many people would be sitting at home in shock,the rioting and looting in some areas would lead to military/police/supers suppression of them. Possibly with high loss of life in many areas.

Will this work to summon him?

mojo_sig_web.gif

Lemming, since when did you have enough active points in your VPP to summon such a magnificent Monkey Genius as myself?

However, I will reward you with rep when I'm able to. That banana looks delicious. ;)

Lemming, since when did you have enough active points in your VPP to summon such a magnificent Monkey Genius as myself?

However, I will reward you with rep when I'm able to. That banana looks delicious. ;)

It's amazing what you can get away with, with a lax GM and many minions. :D