A Higher (point) Authority:The Authority conversions

nexus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: A Higher (point) Authority:The Authority conversions

Nexus,

It's been a lot of fun following your progress. I never really got much past issue #12, but these have been interesting write-ups (and provided some information I didn't know about). Thanks for posting!

Robb

Thank you, I really appreciate that. :)

True' date='but the Engineer seems to be particularly inflexible at using her nanites in combat.Any half-competent Green Lantern would be able to take her down.[/quote']

I think one could beat her as she is now. A GL would have a VPP almost as large and be much more creative about using it and likely have better physical stats.

I gave her a Strong Psych lim since she has done some creative stuff at times (The sub atomic knives were pretty nifty)

Revised Swift

Swift

Player:

Val Char Cost
25 STR 15
23 DEX 39
25 CON 30
12 BODY 4
18 INT 8
23 EGO 26
15 PRE 5
18 COM 4
10 PD 5
10 ED 5
7 SPD 37
10 REC 0
50 END 0
38 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM05" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 178

Cost Power END
1 High Altitude Breathing: Life Support , Extended Breathing:High Altitude Air
2 High Altitude Adaptation: Life Support , Safe in Intense Cold
18 Heightened Awareness: Enhanced Perception (+6 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
8 Sharp Eyes: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group)
8 Sharp Ears: Enhanced Perception (+4 to PER Rolls for Single Sense Group)
42 Sense Air Currents: Detect:Air Currents and objects moving in the air A Class Of Things 13-, Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Range, Sense, Telescopic (+20)
10 Taloned Feet: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD) (15 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2) 1
60 Winged Flight: Multipower, 90-point reserve, all slots: (90 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)
6u 1) Flight 40", x8 Noncombat (90 Active Points) 9
1u 2) Flight 3", Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (7 Active Points) 1
20 Find Weakness 13- (Hand to Hand Killing Attack)
87 Flight Attacks: Multipower, 87-point reserve
5u 1) Dive Bomb Manuver: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Area Of Effect (10" Cone; +1) (69 Active Points); Must fly threw the area to be affected Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2) 7
4u 2) Sonic Boom: Energy Blast 7d6 (vs. PD), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Hole In The Middle Fixed Size (+1/4), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (87 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Must fly threw the target area at top speed Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2) 9
15 Divine Relationship: Luck 3d6
Powers Cost: 287

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Offensive Strike: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +15 STR vs. Grabs
5 Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove
5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; +10 STR to Disarm roll
Martial Arts Cost: 43

Cost Skill
11 Acrobatics 18-
9 Breakfall 17-
3 Computer Programming 13-
7 Electronics 15-
7 Systems Operation 15-
4 CuK: China 13-
4 CuK: Tibet 13-
3 Language: English (Tibetan is Native) (completely fluent)
4 Language: Mandarin (idiomatic)
9 Streetwise 15-
5 KS: International Law (INT-based) 15-
11 Tactics 17-
6 SS: Areonautics (INT-based) 16-
13 Combat Piloting 19-
5 TF: Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, Large Planes, Military Spacecraft, Mobile Space Stations, Small Planes
2 SS: Theology 11-
7 Tracking 15-
9 Stealth 17-
10 +2 with Ranged Combat
48 +6 with All Combat
15 +3 with DCV
6 +4 vs. specific OCV modifier on a single attack
10 Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranged)
4 +2 vs. Range Penalties with guns
4 +2 vs. hit locations with guns
Skills Cost: 216

Cost Talent
6 Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions
Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 730

Val Disadvantages
5 Distinctive Features: Winged Woman with claws (Easily Concealed; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10 Social Limitation: Famous: Member of The Authority (Frequently; Minor)
10 Psychological Limitation: Buddhist (Common; Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Highly Idealistic (Common; Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 40

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 490

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

I think one could beat her as she is now. A GL would have a VPP almost as large and be much more creative about using it and likely have better physical stats.
Speaking as one without direct knowledge of The Authority and it's members (what I know comes from the rpg and what I have gleaned from the comments of others)' date=' I would guess that ring energy should be more flexible [in application']than the nanites. I'd also think that most GLs should have more raw power as well, but that might just be bias on my part.

Personally I think most of the write-ups are out of line but that has much more to do with the original Tri-stats and conversion than the author of this thread.

The attack powers in particular are just over the top. As for the Doctor, sorry but 300 VPP is just far too much. Using the Mega Scale advantage you can mimic most of what he does in the books and "Get by" with maybe a 150 Cosmic VPP. The Engineer is the same: no way she is at 150 AP's either attacks or VPP. I'd halve it to 75 most likely.

Midnighter's a little trickier but I think it's because people overestimate how good he is. I've seen him get taken down plenty of times and would bet on Captain America against him. Midnighter has more physical stats but he lacks Cap's experience, will, and overall savvy.

Incidently, Jack's VPP should be smaller than the Doctor's (which it is right now but just noting it for further versions) since he was less powerful when they took on a rogue doctor (though it could be argued that with his experience that he had a higher VPP than the current Doctor). Then again, how to explain Jack's trick of making a whole city become a giant robot... well I guess they all have an Uncontrolled VPP to simulate Plot Device.

Apollo

Solar Metabolism: Healing 5 BODY, "Heals" Endurance, not Body (+0), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (100 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only in Sunlight Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)*

I don't understand this power. It looks like 100 AP for something that grants him another 10 END each Turn ... ? Since you can buy 10 REC for 20, and it helps with so much other stuff, I know that's not the intent. What is this supposed to do?

I don't understand this power. It looks like 100 AP for something that grants him another 10 END each Turn ... ? Since you can buy 10 REC for 20' date=' and it helps with so much other stuff, I know that's not the intent. What is this supposed to do?[/quote']

You're right, that is a poor construct.

Guest Champsguy

Actually' date=' you couldn't. To transform those soldiers from the first arc, your looking at something along the lines of an 8-10d6 Major Transform.[/quote']

You don't need an 8-10D6 Transform for those goons. I never saw any indication that they were more than 10 Body. They broke pretty easy. You could Transform them with 6D6. A 150 pt VPP can do that.

5D6 Transform (Major)

Area Effect: Hex, Selective

Megascale 1" = 1km

That'll let him hit every bad guy in the area with the Transform. He can then Haymaker the attack to make it 6D6+1. Average is 22 Body, or enough to Transform a generic vat-grown super.

Revised Apollo

Apollo

Player:

Val Char Cost
80 STR 70
25 DEX 45
26 CON 32
37 BODY 54
14 INT 4
20 EGO 20
18 PRE 8
24 COM 7
32/56 PD 16
10/58 ED 5
8 SPD 45
31 REC 0
96 END 22
85 STUN -5
6" RUN02" SWIM016" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 323

Cost Power END
40 Solar Metabolism: Life Support , Eating: Character does not eat, Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents, Longevity: 200 Years, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Self-Contained Breathing
7 Solar Regeneration: Healing 1 BODY, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Only in Sunlight Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)
11 Solar Powered Metabolism: +10 REC (20 Active Points); Endurance Recovery Only Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), Only in Sunlight Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)
72 Invulnerability: Armor (24 PD/24 ED)
18 Immunity to Heat: Armor (0 PD/24 ED) (36 Active Points); Only Works Against Limited Type Of Attack:Heat/fire Very Limited Type of Attack (-1)
9 Telescopic Sight: Telescopic +6 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Sight Group)
5 Ultraviolet Perception
27 Detect Air Currents: Spatial Awareness (Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Telescopic (+7), Tracking), Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (55 Active Points); Activation Roll 12- (-3/4), Not in vaccum or underwater Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4)
115 Combat Speed: Flight 28", x8 Noncombat, Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages Limited Group of Advantages; +3/4) (115 Active Points) 11
225 Solar Attacks: Multipower, 225-point reserve
16u 1) Light Laser: Killing Attack - Ranged 7d6, Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (157 Active Points) 16
18u 2) Long Range Laser: Killing Attack - Ranged 7d6, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2) (184 Active Points) 18
20u 3) Solar Wave: Killing Attack - Ranged 6 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (21" Cone; +1) (200 Active Points) 20
22u 4) Long Range Solar Wave: Killing Attack - Ranged 6 1/2d6, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of Effect (26" Cone; +1) (225 Active Points) 22
16u 5) Solar Blast: Killing Attack - Ranged 4 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (14" Radius; +1 1/4) (157 Active Points) 16
17u 6) Long Range Solar Blast: Killing Attack - Ranged 4 1/2d6, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4), Area Of Effect (17" Radius; +1 1/4) (175 Active Points) 17
15 Missile Deflection (Bullets & Shrapnel)
Powers Cost: 653

4 Crush: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +4d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
5 Flying Grab: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on; FMove
3 Flying Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
3 Grappling Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab
5 Killing Throw: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 0 1/2d6, Target Falls
3 Martial Grab: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, +10 STR for holding on
3 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +v/5, Target Falls
4 Martial Strike: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
4 Human Missile: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove
Martial Arts Cost: 34

Cost Skill
64 +8 with All Combat
6 +2 with all attacks vs Range Penalties
4 +2 with Light Lase
9 Acrobatics 17-
3 Tactics 12-
8 Navigation (Air) 15-
3 Seduction 13-
3 Stealth 14-
Skills Cost: 100

Cost Talent
6 Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions
Talents Cost: 6

Total Character Cost: 1116

Val Disadvantages
10 Physical Limitation: Most powers don't work if he is low on Endurance (below 1/4th) (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)
10 Distinctive Features: Glows when he uses his powers (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
5 Social Limitation: Openly gay (Occasionally; Minor)
15 Psychological Limitation: In Love with Midnighter (Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Optimistic and good natured, tries to look on the bright side (Very Common; Moderate)
10 Social Limitation: Famous, public ID (Frequently; Minor)

Disadvantage Points: 65

Base Points: 500

Experience Required: 551

Total Experience Available: 1051

Experience Unspent: 500

Revised Knife Warriors

Koroshi Knife Warrior

Player:

Val Char Cost
21 STR 11
21 DEX 33
21 CON 22
8 BODY -4
11 INT 1
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
8 PD 4
8 ED 4
5 SPD 19
8 REC 0
42 END 0
32 STUN 2
6" RUN02" SWIM04" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 92

Cost Power END
131 Flight: Multipower, 131-point reserve
3u 1) Full Speed Flight: Flight 8", Megascale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (32 Active Points) 3
13u 2) Flight 50", x4 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance 1/2 END (+1/4) (131 Active Points) 5
3 Heightened Awareness: Enhanced Perception (+1 to PER Rolls for All Sense Groups)
27 Human Missile: Hand-To-Hand Attack +10d6, Explosion (+1/2) (75 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only with Flying Sacrifice Lunge Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (-1/2), Cannot Be Used With Multiple-Power Attacks (-1/4), Must move into a target to trigger blast Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (-1/4), Extra Time Delayed Phase (-1/4) 7
150 Red Beams: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (vs. ED), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2), Continuous (+1) (150 Active Points) 15
Gear
7 Teleport Netting: Teleportation 1", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Trigger:Recalled to Base (+1/2), Megascale (1" = 100,000 km; +1 1/2), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (7 Active Points) 1
11 Koroshi Knife: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1)
Powers Cost: 345

4 Human Missile: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +v/5; FMove
Martial Arts Cost: 4

Cost Skill
32 +4 with All Combat
12 +3 with All Combat (24 Active Points); OCV only Power loses about half of its effectiveness (-1)
2 +1 with Knife
10 +2 with HTH Combat
3 Demolitions 11-
Skills Cost: 59

Cost Perk
1 Custom Perk
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 501

Val Disadvantages
10 Social Limitation: Known memeber of a cloned terrorist army (Frequently; Minor)
5 Hunted: International Law Enforcement 8- (Less Pow; Harshly Punish)
20 Hunted: The Authority 11- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Utterly loyal to Gaizan Gamorra (Common; Total)

Disadvantage Points: 55

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 246

Total Experience Available: 241

Experience Unspent: 0

• 2 months later...

With all the recent discussion I thought some folks might find my Hero write ups for The Authorty worith taking a look at it. I'll be adding sheets for Gaizan Gamorra and Regis soon.