Temporarily enchanting an item

Michael Hopcroft

Re: Temporarily enchanting an item

That sounds a bit like the focus limitation to me, applied to a usable by others power. In this case, the focus is 'any suitable weapon' so a slightly reduced value for the limitation seems appropriate.

In the limited case of an enhance damage spell, Aid could be used instead.

To me, the easiest route (especially if you want the spell to be able to grant a variety of abilities to the weapon) would probably be Transform to add the appropriate abilities to the weapon, with the reversal condition being the passage of the amount of time you deem sufficiently "temporary."

If you don't want to use Transform, other approaches would likely depend on the specific power you want the weapon to have. For example, if you wanted a weapon to affect ghosts who are intangible (Desolid), you could try Affects Desolid as a Naked Advantage, Usable On Others, with a Continuing Charge of the desired length, and the weapon as the Focus.

Transform does sound like a reasonable way to do this. Summon (with the Slavishly Loyal advantage) would probably also be usable (and abusable, naturally). I grant that summon isn't usually the choice for summoning raw powers. However, think of it like this: you could easily build a 0-point vehicle, then add the power to the vehicle--so why not just summon the power itself?