[Compilation] "to Fantasy HERO Conversions & Adaptations"

TheQuestionMan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Compilation] "to Fantasy HERO Conversions & Adaptations"

So, how does one actually use this wiki system to upload files? Is cutting and pasting the best method? It seems rather time-consuming. Has anyone checked out what I've put on there so far? I guess I will continue if people are interested.

It's not really meant for file uploading, but text input / articles and so forth (besides which, I don't have the space for unrestricted file sharing, and I'd have to police it). It's a DokuWiki style (there are many forms) - and no, no one else is using it because they either have websites, or don't wish to know more about Wikis or don't wish to contribute - or just aren't aware of it.

The only reason I don't write up tutorials, and advertise the heck out of it on these bulletin boards is that it's only a minor project of mine - and I don't have the time.

It's there for people who don't have websites of their own, and have enough self motivation to actually look up information and follow links on the internet to work out what a Wiki is.

So' date=' how does one actually use this wiki system to upload files? Is cutting and pasting the best method? It seems rather time-consuming. Has anyone checked out what I've put on there so far? I guess I will continue if people are interested.[/quote']

BTW - just had a look. It's fine - however you may want to make a page for each class off your main page.

Start the D&D conversion page with the title of the page as a heading 1 ===== D&D conversion ===== for example.

Then put in a link to a new page for fighters - you could create a list

==== Fantasy Hero Classes ====

* [[Fighters]] : The Fighter class. description

* [[Rogues]] : The Rogee class. description

Then save the page, click on the Fighters link and copy the text into a new page just on fighters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

While we're talking about the Wiki... please feel free to wiki-fy any of my stuff, edit it... just leave my name on it... Maybe like SoulWind Channels by Jeffery Keown, Modified by Herbert Hoover or some such... or I'll put it up myself after I figure it all out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...