Stupid Mentalist Tricks

nexus

There's been some lists compiled of Stupid Speedster Tricks and Stupid Brick tricks, how about one for mentalists (Meaning Telepaths and other non physical mentalists, Teeks could use Brick tricks)? Here's a couple I thought about:

Universal Translator, Psychic -1/2, cost endurance to start. The Telepath scans the surface (verbalized) thoughts of those around her to gain understanding. If all the minds around her non organic or sheilded, she can't translated. This power does not allow the mentalist to speak a language she is physically incapable of doing.

Levels with Pre Based Skills, Cost Endurance, visible to Mental Awareness. The Mentalists uses Telepathy or a subtle Mind Control to read and nudge the target's reactions without overtly influencing their mental process. Targets with Mental Defense would more resistant to this type of skill use

Guest WhammeWhamme

Re: Stupid Mentalist Tricks

Massive Mental Illusion:

Images (all senses), Only vs Creatures with Minds (Including touch?), Resistable with EGO instead of INT (whichever is higher).

Combine with an actual AE MI for nasty effect (if it looks and feels that way, it's a +what level of effect?)

Irresistable Illusion: EB, Variable SFX (any), not vs targets immune to (characters) mental powers - it happens too fast, and too forcefully, to be resisted.

I know what you're goingto do next: Combat Luck and Levels, only vs those you can read the minds of.

It's not as bad as it looks- aid to body and stun, only to starting levels with good extended point loss, does not affect those without minds or with mental defense(-1/2)

"Freeze" Mental Command- Entangle BOECV, vs. Ego instead of Str and only affects those with minds, heck add on mental defense adds to ego roll

Soothe Pain: Healing, STUN Only

Don't Notice Me: Invisibility, Mental Defense Adds To PER Roll (-1/2)

Don't Do That: Suppress, Variable Effect (one power at a time), BOECV

Don't Look, Don't Listen, Don't Speak: Flash vs. Sight & Hearing & Voice, BOECV

Subliminal Telepathy: Combat Skill Levels, Only Vs. Thinking Targets (-1/4)

Subliminal Prescience: Defense Maneuver I-IV & Lightning Reflexes (all actions)

Know Your Every Weakness: Find Weakness, Requires Telepathy at EGO+10 (-1/2)

Telepathic Redaction: Major Transform, Improved Target Group, BOECV

Telepathic Trigger: Naked "Trigger" Advantage on Mind Control

Reminds me of a suggestion I think was made on the old boards, for a new member of C.L.O.W.N.'s power:

I've Got A Permit For That! Mind Control, OAF (a permit, for that)

IIRC, the idea was that the Clown would be hopping on his pogo-stick in rushhour traffic, or something similar. The police would approach him to make him stop...

"I'll be danged, Pete. He does have a permit for that!"

Reminds me of a suggestion I think was made on the old boards, for a new member of C.L.O.W.N.'s power:

I've Got A Permit For That! Mind Control, OAF (a permit, for that)

IIRC, the idea was that the Clown would be hopping on his pogo-stick in rushhour traffic, or something similar. The police would approach him to make him stop...

"I'll be danged, Pete. He does have a permit for that!"

Actually, that could easily be done as part of Merry Andrew's gadget pool... :)

Irresistable Mental Summons:Summon, broad group (People you have telepathically communicated with before), Specific Beings, summoned being must arrive under its own power, Other limitations to taste (Useful for things such as Vampires calling their thralls, etc).

With some alteration can also be Beast Command or other similar powers.

Combat Telepathy:+5 Levels with DCV, Cost Endurance, not vs Targets with no mind or 10+ Mental Defense

Ask the Experts:VPP, Skills Only, visble to Mental Sense group, "limited" to skills that could be found in a human beings -0 or "Must locate a person with skill Via Mind Scan and limted to his skill Levele -1/2. The Telepath borrows someone elses skill to use as his own.