Okay A question about posting Conversions to Hero

madgoblin

Re: Okay A question about posting Conversions to Hero

I'm not a Hero Games employee, and I don't know enough about the Gatecrasher forum to hazard a reply. However, what I would recommend is that you post this topic on the "Company Questions" forum, where you're far more likely to have a Hero Games staffer notice it and respond to it. :)

We would generally prefer that you not post anything on these boards that violates someone's copyright, and that includes conversions. If you have permission from whoever owns Gatecrasher (Domibia Games, if it's what I'm thinking of and my memory hasn't failed me), then it's fine. We're not the Ultra-Strict IP Police or anything, but as owners of intellectual property we know how we'd feel if someone posted a conversion of our rules without our permission, and per the Golden Rule try to act accordingly. ;)

• 4 months later...

So how far does one go before one crosses copywrite? For example, if I want to post some things for a Post Apocolyptic game that were inspired by Gamma World? Is this considered less then legal? If this sort of thing is wrong, then I think a large percentage of posts/posters on these boards are guilty (and the only reason I am not yet is that I have been lazy :fear: )

This is an interesting point. How much can we legaly post and what, if any, pointers can we get in doing these conversions? Even if we have our own site for them, it would be good to know what is considered OK. And if we do have our own site, can we reference them here?

I don't want to do anything wrong, but it is not my fault all other game systems pale in comparison to Hero?