Player Openings: Knights of New L.A. PBEM

Corven_Ren

I have two slots open for characters in my PBEM.

Campaign History

(Notation this campaign world will feature heroes from both Marvel & D.C.)

January, 1991 after a couple of weeks of conflict in Desert Storm, Sadam Hussein launches nuclear armed war heads at key cities around the world. Hearing about the impending strike several of the world's heroes enter voulentary suspended animation at various locations throughout the world, hopin to help rebuild once awakened. The United States and Russia retaliate with nuclear strike of their own, What follows is the greatest destruction in the history of the world. Moscow, London, Paris, Berlin, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Denver, Washington D.C., Gotham City, Mexico City, Toronto, Quebec, and Ontario are all struck. Two missles strike Orlando and Cape Canveral, Florida at the same time the unique blast sinks half of the state. Iraq is completely obliterated by the conterstrikes. What happens next would change the free world forever. The remnants of the U.S. military seize control of the government and begin building weapons. Striking quickly before they could muster any strength, the U.S. Military invades Canada and after three years have complete control of that country. After a mere three more years the U.S. military are in control of a land mass spanning from the northern most reaches of Canada all the way down to Panama. The new regime names its territory, The united North American Provinces and over the next 350 years, while rebuilding the destruction, tighten their grip on the citizens, and in their arrogance, thining that they were acting as the great hero would, build a statue of Captain America to replace the destroyed Statue of Liberty. The police of this new society are all cyborgs and very few are actually voulenteers. Killing an officer is an automatic death sentence and merely striking one will get you locked up and tortured. All attempts to overthrow the government have been completely quashed.

The characters will be the first in a new line of heroes who now oppose the government and are attempting to restore democracy to the country. Also as the game progresses severla of the sleeping heroes of the past will awaken and find the world they knew gone. Not only will they be fighting against the government they will also have to deal with normal and super criminals.

Charcter Info

Points 250 + 150 Disadvantages

Maximum Active Points 90

Everyman skill are same as modern + TF: Personal hovercraft..and your Area Knowledge will be New L.A.

Character should not have a Public Identity

All Character must take the following

3 Language skill: Gutterspeak

20 Disadvantage: Hunted by Enofrcers 8-, More Powerful, Extensive NCI, Harshley Punish

Characters can pe submitted in text or hero designer format

Current Characters are as follows

John Doe- Brick with Amnesia, woke up from cryo sleep with no memory of his past

Ghost- An albino Telekenetic

Reticle- former Enforcer, cyborg with powers similar to Cyclops.

I will take submissions until Sunday Jan 30th.

Submissions should be sent to jcmcminis@yahoo.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Player Openings: Knights of New L.A. PBEM

How open are we in designing a background for our characters' date=' and are their any other advantages/disadvantages that you do/don't want to see?[/quote']

No particular origin or character type will be scorned. No particular restrictions on disadvantages.

So far I have recieved only one submission

Jack Rabbit- martial artist with super strength in his legs.

I have decided to increase the submission time deadline is now Feb 7th.

Also a note to my three current players. gameplay will continue while I accept submissions. So post away.

Question - While I know this is a primarily Supers game and not Dark Champions, what is the expected need for more esorteric skill, such as Criminology, Deduction, Systems Operations, and Bugging for a Batman esque character (sans martial arts...his fighting ability will come from other areas).

Question - While I know this is a primarily Supers game and not Dark Champions' date=' what is the expected need for more esorteric skill, such as Criminology, Deduction, Systems Operations, and [u']Bugging[/u] for a Batman esque character (sans martial arts...his fighting ability will come from other areas).

Well as far as appropriate skills You should probably take the following.

Bugging

Bribery

Comp Programming

Concealment

Deduction

Disguise

Forgery

Interogation

KS: Enforcers

Lip reading

Lockpicking

Sys Op

Security Systems

Streetwise

Shadowing

Survival (Urban)

Ventriloquism

You should take at least 2 contacts. I will provide actual names and locations for them you choose roll, and relationship. And there is no way you can have a contact inside the enforcers or the media.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the response. I have several skills in that list; not all, and even a few extras not on there. I have one contact at the moment, at 6pts (11-, in organization, +3pts of useful skills, etc), but the plan WAS to set it up as an enforcer (because of bg), however anything you think will help should be fine.

The character is done, but I havent beenable to put him into the computer yet. Im going to look at the skills one more time and then I should be ready to type everything in....Hopefully Ill send him off for your reviewing this evening....

I'm not that familiar with making large point characters (300 is my norm). What OCV/DCV general are we looking at here in terms of the other players, the standard goons, and the higher villians? I'm trying to balance my character, but I dont know if I underpowered him..Thank again...

Thanks for the response. I have several skills in that list; not all, and even a few extras not on there. I have one contact at the moment, at 6pts (11-, in organization, +3pts of useful skills, etc), but the plan WAS to set it up as an enforcer (because of bg), however anything you think will help should be fine.

The character is done, but I havent beenable to put him into the computer yet. Im going to look at the skills one more time and then I should be ready to type everything in....Hopefully Ill send him off for your reviewing this evening....

I'm not that familiar with making large point characters (300 is my norm). What OCV/DCV general are we looking at here in terms of the other players, the standard goons, and the higher villians? I'm trying to balance my character, but I dont know if I underpowered him..Thank again...

Well the three characters that are currently in the game, 2 have 8 base ocv/dcv and one has a 7. Looking foreward to seeing him

I just got a suprise work schedule change, so itll be another day or so until I get time to type everything up....

I'm done with the character mostly...Im "cleaning up" my background and Limitations are giving me a slightly hard time....

Are there any specific villians or groups that can/can't be used in the background...any suggestions (things other than the enforcers...Im looking at an extended hunted from before 91 type of thing but dont really know which world set youre running with....should we feel free to elaborate our own? Obviously you used gotham...can we feel free to submit, possibly, an old comic villian crossover??? Nothing TOO outlandish, of course =P)

(btw....do you know offhand how much an Overall Skill level costs - not combat skills, just buying overall skills levels for all skills? I remember reading somehwere at 10cp a point for all skills (combat including???), but by my math it would be 6 - a 2pt skill level with a +2 "applied to all appropriate skills" advantage....hmmm...Any pointers?)

I just got a suprise work schedule change, so itll be another day or so until I get time to type everything up....

I'm done with the character mostly...Im "cleaning up" my background and Limitations are giving me a slightly hard time....

Are there any specific villians or groups that can/can't be used in the background...any suggestions (things other than the enforcers...Im looking at an extended hunted from before 91 type of thing but dont really know which world set youre running with....should we feel free to elaborate our own? Obviously you used gotham...can we feel free to submit, possibly, an old comic villian crossover??? Nothing TOO outlandish, of course =P)

(btw....do you know offhand how much an Overall Skill level costs - not combat skills, just buying overall skills levels for all skills? I remember reading somehwere at 10cp a point for all skills (combat including???), but by my math it would be 6 - a 2pt skill level with a +2 "applied to all appropriate skills" advantage....hmmm...Any pointers?)

Possible Hunted's: Well as far as old DC or Marvel villain group's. I have not decide who exactly is still around. But a custom villain group of mine will be around...The Sinister Squadron so you can use them. I have never been a big D.C fan so Batman and his allies (also some of his rogue's gallery) is probably the only DC persons you will meet/ hear about. 10 points is for on overall skill level that you can apply to any skill or to combat.

A dark vigilante weilding some impressive firepower....Wow, I like the sound of that!!

See, I like this GM already, because not only does he help you work with your character ideas, but he goes out of his way to make you sound overly impressive....Now thats gamermastering! =D

Im sure any changes that need to be made shouldn't be to much of a problem. I'll be looking forward to the game...

New announcement I have unfortunatly lost another player so I will now be accepting three players. So please keep those submissions coming. I have decied to extend the deadline yet again The new deadline is Valentines Day.

So far I have recieved two full submissions and one background.

Submissions I have recieved

Jack Rabbit--a martial artist with superhuman strength in his legs

Shadow-Shot--a dark vigilante with impressive firepower

Current Characters in the game

Reticle- Cyborg, former Enforcers, Cyclops Homage

Ghost - a young albino telekentic who can also produce sound and sight images.

John Doe - Brick from before the war, awoke from cryos-leepwith no memory of his past.

I've never done a PBEM game, but am interested, and this sounds interesting to me.

For the PBEM, this does stand for Play By E-Mail, correct? How many e-mails are expected to be sent and how often (such as, once a day, twice a week, etc.)?

For the submissions, do you want a complete background, or a summary background with the detailed one being added after acceptance? Also, do you allow more than one submission (say, up to four) from a potential player with you choosing which one (if any) make the cut? Or would you prefer the character summaries be sent to you and you choose which one the player should submit for further review?

I apologize for the multitude of questions, but I am new at this aspect of gaming.

I've never done a PBEM game, but am interested, and this sounds interesting to me.

For the PBEM, this does stand for Play By E-Mail, correct? How many e-mails are expected to be sent and how often (such as, once a day, twice a week, etc.)?

For the submissions, do you want a complete background, or a summary background with the detailed one being added after acceptance? Also, do you allow more than one submission (say, up to four) from a potential player with you choosing which one (if any) make the cut? Or would you prefer the character summaries be sent to you and you choose which one the player should submit for further review?

I apologize for the multitude of questions, but I am new at this aspect of gaming.

Don't appologize for the questions Kirby. Yes PBEM does stand for PLay By E-Mail. Hopefully you should at least post once per day, it will all depend on how often the other players post, and how often you want to reply to said posts. I will accept more than one character for review. In this case send me summeries of their powers and backgrounds and I will let you know which one(s) I will need a full submission of for further review. So send away.

I will also make note of submission updates as I have recieved another.

Recieved so far

Shadow Shot- Dark gun wielding vigilante.

Jack Rabbit- Martial Artist with super human strength in his legs.

Inginuity- Gadgeteer