Player Openings: Knights of New L.A. PBEM

Corven_Ren

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Player Openings: Knights of New L.A. PBEM

Do you have any suggestions to help integrate backgrounds into your game? I'm guessing the year is around 2345, +/-5 years. Is the world very high tech, did technology advances slow to a crawl, did everyone have to start over from scratch and in "today's" world it's like it is in real life?

What might make some good bits to add to a background? Also, are the Enforcers the same as the U.S. cyborg law enforcement, or are they something different?

Thanks for your time.

Do you have any suggestions to help integrate backgrounds into your game? I'm guessing the year is around 2345, +/-5 years. Is the world very high tech, did technology advances slow to a crawl, did everyone have to start over from scratch and in "today's" world it's like it is in real life?

What might make some good bits to add to a background? Also, are the Enforcers the same as the U.S. cyborg law enforcement, or are they something different?

Thanks for your time.

Well to answer some of your questions Kirby, the Enforcers are the law. They "U.S." is no more as it says it is now the U.N.A.P. and it is a military dictatorship. Technology has advanced but not as fast as it should. It is not uncommon for a upper lower or middle class citizen to own a personal hovercraft. The military has pretty much done away with conventional firearms and are using all energy based weapons. As far as background help Let me look over your submissions and rack my brain. I can probably help in that department and that offer goes to any potential player. I will help out any way I can.

Ok Submission updates so far I have recieved the following.

Jack Rabbit- Martial Artist with superhuman strength in his legs

Shadow Shot- Dark Gun Wielding Vigilante

Ingineuity- Gadgeteer

Philosopher- Alchemist

Grond- yes that Grond

Remedy - Undead crimefighter with and adamantium battle staff.

Submission are open for one more week. Keep them coming. As I stated before I am only looking for three players but there is a good possibility I will take more. I am recieving good quality characters.

I sent you a submission for Tantrum an energy projector / martial artist. Hope there is something there that you can work with! :)

I just hope you don't send your character up against against a brick. Otherwise, they'd be throwing a Tantrum. :snicker:Sorry, I didn't want to resist.

Guest Skaramine

That might cause Tantrum to use her sonic powers in a screaming fit! :)

Hm. Does she wear fishnets? :D

Sonic powers, martial arts...

Hm. Does she wear fishnets? :D

Sonic powers, martial arts...

No, not quite... although she was originally written for a Young Justice campaign. I imagine her more as a Robinesque character, clad in combat armor, rather then dancing around in a one piece swimsuit and fishnets. :)

Ok Submission updates so far I have recieved the following.

Jack Rabbit- Martial Artist with superhuman strength in his legs-submitted by fbdaury

Shadow Shot- Dark Gun Wielding Vigilante-submitted by simplygnome

Ingineuity- Gadgeteer

Philosopher- Alchemist

Grond- yes that Grond-submitted by Kirby

Remedy - Undead crimefighter with and adamantium battle staff.-submitted by Skaramine

Tantrum - Martial Artist/ Sonic Energy Projector-submitted by Gary Ciamarilla

Submission are open for one more week. Keep them coming. As I stated before I am only looking for three players but there is a good possibility I will take more. I am recieving good quality characters

Wow, while I really want to play, reading some of those character descriptions almost makes me want to NOT play, just so I can get a look at the other character's roleplaying and storyline potentials!!! =P

Im particularly interested in how Ingineuity and his (her?) Gadgets go off, Philosopher's Alchemy, and Tantrums sonic fits... Remedy just scares me, but is equally intriguing.

Good work guys, at least on the concepts. Good luck to all of you, and I hope to see you in the game....

Ok Guys I know this is earlier than projected but I have made my decisions. It was very tough as all of them are good submissions. However joining Reticle, Ghost and John Doe will be

1) Shadow-Shot

2) Grond

3) Remedy

4) Tantrum

5) Philosopher

However before Jack Rabbit and Ingenuities players get bummed. I will hold onto these and should anyone drop out you will automatically be a replacement. There is also a chance if the game start flowing well that there might be an offshoot game based either in Detroit or New York. You two would automatically get a place in those games if you want. I will be sending the invite to the new players later this evening.

I have joined the group and read the messages. It's an interesting beginning.

I like the Reticle and John Doe. I don't really care for Ghost just yet. I like to see her develop a little more.

I hope to see the new characters in action and role-playing.

In an earlier post, you mentioned you could convert Heromachine pics to be uploaded. Is this program again available???

Visual aids are so helpful!!!

I have joined the group and read the messages. It's an interesting beginning.

I like the Reticle and John Doe. I don't really care for Ghost just yet. I like to see her develop a little more.

I hope to see the new characters in action and role-playing.

In an earlier post, you mentioned you could convert Heromachine pics to be uploaded. Is this program again available???

Visual aids are so helpful!!!

I recently uploaded a pic of the costume that John Doe has found...his first real link to his past. Reticle's player did a pic a while back but never put it on the board I will try and dupe it and add it. I also did a heromachine pic for Shadowshot and will add that as well. As far as Grond just open your copy of CKC for his picture. Remedy's player did a pic and wil be posting it.

• 1 month later...