Skill Suggestions, need help

red_eagle123

I suck as buying skills for PC's. I usually find myself in a game going "Damn, that skill should have been bought, it fits my character".

So, since I'm working on a new character, I figured I'd ask for assistance. The character is born and bred wealthy member whose gotten involved with the environmentalist movement. While involved with the Environmentalism Movement, he becomes an ecoterrorist until a close call.

So the skill sets I need are his growing up in the wealthy background. For that I've got:

Bureacratics

Oratory

High Society

Persuasion

For the Environmentalist Ecoterrorist I've got the following skills:

Demolitions

KS: Environmental Activism

KS: Environmentalist Activities

KS: Environmental Science

So, what else would fit this character?

Re: Skill Suggestions, need help

Well connected, everbody likes the rich guy...:) Some computer skills and spy skills from the enviro-terr days so he could case the joint and follow evil polluters around, Survival:Temperate forest from boy scout days and enviro-bunny sleep overs, oratory from giving firey speaches....I like KS:Current events myself, and anyone can take it.......

It depends on how far 'in' to the eco-tage/eco-terrorism movement he was before he got scared out, but many of the folks I know who have been connected with that stuff might also have the following skills talents and perks:

Mechanics

Demolitions

Climbing/Repelling

Skiing (is that TF?)

Bump of Direction (only in the woods or suitable habitat)

Stealth (habitat specific)

Deep cover/alternate identity

Contacts (within the movement--but only by alternate i.d.--they never use real names)

Animal Husbandry?

I know there are a few I'm missing, but anyone who's ever read through the Anarchist's Cookbook and Dave Foreman's old book on Eco-tage would pick up more than a few nasty tricks...

Being wealthy can mean many things. What sort of schooling did he have - and did he pay attention/was he disciplined at all? What sort of hobbies did he indulge in? That can spin off many other skill ideas/"coulda/shoulda" ideas before they hit that point.

Was/is he attentive to the family business? What is that? This is important.

So the skill sets I need are his growing up in the wealthy background. For that I've got:

Bureacratics

Oratory

High Society

Persuasion

Good selection. I might suggest Conversation instead of Persuasion, or possibly in addition to it. Most "rich kids", more specifically, the well-schooled type, I've known are good speakers and can carry on a conversation even if they don't know much about what's being talked about and still seem rather intelligent. Also, don't forget the Perk: Money.

For the Environmentalist Ecoterrorist I've got the following skills:

Demolitions

KS: Environmental Activism

KS: Environmentalist Activities

KS: Environmental Science

Personally, I'd bundle all these up into one Skill: KS: Environmentalist World. The Environmental Science could be a Science Skill instead of a KS.

Other skills that come to mind when I think of any kind of terrorist, eco or otherwise, include:

Demolitions

Stealth

Concealment

Shadowing

Lockpicking

So, what else would fit this character?

The character could easily still have contacts in the Enviromentalist World, and with sympathetic employees of polluting companies.

Other considerations, which I trust you've though of but might not have would be some Disads:

Hunted: Police/FBI (for that one incident where you almost got caught)

PsychLim: Protects The Environment/Environmentalist

R: Environmetalist.

============================================

A bit of an off-topic asside: After typing "environmentalist" so many times I can't get the idea of an Environ-Mentalist out of my head. Somebody that can control the enviornment/nature through mental powers. Might make a weird concept. :)