Raideen-inspired power armor

Mark Rand

Raideen, also known as Raydeen, is one of the Shogun Warriors. A male fan of the Marvel comic book, that included him, decided to create a 2-meter suit of powered armor based on him. Although some of the 400-foot mecha's features were replaced with other ones, it could still convert to Firehawk mode. (Switching between modes takes about 15-seconds.) Although this is designed for my IST San Angelo campaign, it can be used in other campaigns.

Here are its non-weapon systems.

Armor.

Subsonic flight.

Supersonic flight, after conversion to Firehawk.

Life support vs temperature, pressure (or lack of it), radiation, toxic atmosphere.

Increased STR, DEX, and SPD.

High-range radio listen and transmit (on IST and conventional emergency frequencies).

Sight and hearing flash defense.

IR and UV vision.

Here are its weapon systems.

Pulse laser (in Firehawk mode only) (mounted in the top of the head, which becomes Firehawk's beak).

Bow with trick arrows (in Raideen mode only) (arrows are in a streamlined quiver on his back, the bow is built into his left arm).

Screamer Hawk missile (in both modes) (an energy missile that fires from the chest).

Breaker blade (in Raideen mode only) (sword on Raideen's right arm).

Concussion shield/boomarang (in Raideen mode only) (on Riadeen's right arm).

Claws (in both modes) (retractable claws built into the suit's gloves, in Firehawk mode, a second set, built into the wrist housings, extends, frrming bird-like talons).

Am I missing anything?

Re: Raideen-inspired power armor

Only a full write-up for me to drool over! I just picked up a Fewture Mazinger http://www.fewturemodels.net/action_figures/mazinger/mazinger.html in the old school blue and red paint job. http://www.fewturemodels.net/action_figures/mazinger/mazinger_repaint.html SAH-WEET!!!! :D

I'll be doing a write-up eventually.

Only a full write-up for me to drool over! I just picked up a Fewture Mazinger http://www.fewturemodels.net/action_figures/mazinger/mazinger.html in the old school blue and red paint job. http://www.fewturemodels.net/action_figures/mazinger/mazinger_repaint.html SAH-WEET!!!! :D

Yeah...the "1910 Mazinger"...steampunk style. Gorgeous figure, I have one myself. Stats for a Mazinger Z(aka...Tranzor Z) human-size armor'd be cool. I'd play it, though Great Mazinger and Maizkaiser'd be cool as well. Obviously I'd play a Getter Robo-style armored character in a heartbeat(hence my Avatar), though do you hink it'd be possible to do the Open Getter transformation(when it splits to the 3 space jets) without making it a robot? Would it have to be a cyborg?

• 1 year later...

I got to thinking about this one again and did a bit of editing on it, mainly to fix the formatting.

I think that it's simply a suit of powered armor designed to look like Raideen and has many of the same abilities the original had. Of course, they're either scaled down or modified from the original.