How Big is Big?

Susano

As you know, large characters are not supposed to be bought with Growth, always on, any longer. What you might look at doing is giving the fish 11" Stretching, Mega-Scale (100km per). That comes fairly close to 700 miles, I think.

I have no idea about the weight of Japan. Sorry.

Originally posted by Monolith

As you know, large characters are not supposed to be bought with Growth, always on, any longer. What you might look at doing is giving the fish 11" Stretching, Mega-Scale (100km per). That comes fairly close to 700 miles, I think.

I have no idea about the weight of Japan. Sorry.

Yes, I know, but I was asking for comparative purposes.

I'm not sure why I took the time to look some of this up, but here are some ballpark figures:

700 miles is about 616,000 hexes. Double 1 hex 19 times and you get about 512,000 hexes. 15 points of Growth doubles height/length, so (19*15+5) or 290 points of Growth should give you the needed height, if you want to Grow to 700 miles long. (As noted, if you're always this size, you don't need Growth, but it may help for expected STR/BODY/what have you.)

Honshu has an area of 230,510 square kilometers. Mt. Fuji is 3.776 km tall. [And it's 800 miles long; still within 290 points of Growth.] (Info from http://www.1upinfo.com/encyclopedia/H/Honshu.html) Assuming a solid block of rock with the area as a base and Mt. Fuji as a height, and also assuming rock has a density 4 times that of water, I get 3,500,000,000,000,000 kilograms of rock. (If you want the weight to start at sea level, this is too big; if you want it to start under sea level, you'd need to know how far the island goes under the water.) The STR needed to lift this much is 235, noticably less than the STR that growing to 700 (or 800) miles would give you.

[edit: forgot 500,000,000,000,000 kg. Calculations not guaranteed.]

Re: How Big is Big?

Originally posted by Susano

Out of curiosity... how much Growth would you need to create a fish 700 miles long?

And on a related note -- how much STR to lift/support the central island of Japan (Honshu, right?)?

You're trying to build Jishin Uwo in Hero terms ?