http://www.utzig.com/traveller/iai.shtml

Freelance Traveller:

http://www.freelancetraveller.com

The Traveller Web Portal

http://www.downport.com

The Traveller Trader is a part of downport.com and is one source

of used traveller material for those who need reference material

Re: TravellerHERO PDF in the works

Another Minor Race, the Girug’kagh (JTAS #21).

The Girug’kagh are a "client" species of the K'kree.

Girug’kagh Package Deal

Cost Powers

3 Weaker: -3 STR

15 Graceful: +5 DEX

Disadvantages

20 Psychological Limitation: Completely Subservient To The K’kree (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Arrogant/Superior To Non-K’kree (Common, Strong)

They have their own Generation system in the article.

Shadowcat and Tancred,

I'm getting the posted bits and pieces into InDesign, and working on the Races stuff. When we get this thing about 75% or so ready in the next couple of months, I'm thinking we ought to shoot Marc a copy to make sure he's still in agreement on what we put in. My concern is not with the packages and gadget/ship writeups, but with the background info we include.

My horoscope says be careful about being involved in legal actions ;)

absolutely, I was going to suggest that anyways

Marc is pretty cool about things at least, not knowing the procedures you've been through with some of your other works, do we need to send Steve or anybody at HERO a copy also?

I am starting work on some of the classic civilian vehicles that are really common and always useful

That sounds right to me; don't want anybody having hassles over a fan project like this.

I'm with shadowcat, too; we should keep Steve L. in the loop. If he doesn't want to hear about it, he'll say so.

Oh, and Eodin: Nice work on the outline!

That looks like a really good layout. I'm looking forward to seeing this get fleshed out.

There were a couple of Traveller computer games back in the day; can't remember the names.

One of them was the first game I ever finished; it was good but not great.

Another Minor Race: The Hlanssai (JTAS #22)

Hlanssai Package Deal

Cost Powers

-3 Weaker: -3 STR

-4 Light-weight: -2 BODY

9 Graceful: +3 DEX

5 Hlanssai Eyes: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group)

5 Hlanssai Eyes: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)

4 Hlanssai Ears: +2 PER with Hearing Group

5 Gripping Feet: Extra Limbs (2), Inherent (+¼) (6 Active Points);

Limited Manipulation (-¼)

Disadvantages

15 Psychological Limitation: Does Not Plan Ahead / Lives For The

Moment (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Wanderlust (Common, Strong)

25 Psychological Limitation: Cannot Accept Discipline (Very Common,

Total)

5 Reputation: Unstable, Overly Dramatic, Artistic, 8-

0 Social Limitation: Considered Unstable and Untrustworthy by

Humans (Occasionally, Minor, Not Limiting In Some Cultures)

the games were The Zhodani Conspiracy

and Quest for the Ancients

heres a list of general traveller software

http://www.freelancetraveller.com/infocenter/swlist/winprogs.html

that includes both of the old traveller programs

also on that site are excellent programs for star system generation among other things

Another Minor Race, the Githiaskio (JTAS #16)

(a.k.a. "Squids")

Githiaskio Package Deal

Cost Powers

6 Tentacles: Extra Limbs (2), Inherent (+¼) (6 Active Points)

5 Tentacles: Stretching 1", Inherent (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (11 Active Points); Always On (-½), No Noncombat Stretching (-¼), No Velocity Damage (-¼), Limited Body Parts (tentacles) (-¼)

1 Adapted to Water: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Intense Cold) (3 Active Points); Limited Power Only Down to 700 meters (-1)

7 Suction Cups: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Move Up Vertical Surfaces (-½)

10 Water Siphon: Swimming +10" (12" total)

0 Only Swims: Running -6" (already figured in)

3 Githiaskio Hearing: +2 PER with Hearing Group (4 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Underwater (-½)

2 Githiaskio Hearing: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group) (3 Active Points); Limited Power Only When Underwater (-½)

10 Githiaskio Hearing: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Hearing Group

3 Hand-to-Hand-to-Hand-to...Combat Skill: +1 with HTH Combat (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only "Bare-handed" Attacks (-½)

2 Adapt Easily To Zero-G: Environmental Movement (no penalties on Zero-G)

Disadvantages

25 Dependence: Water Takes 1d6 Damage (Very Common, 1 Turn)

10 Susceptibility: to Gravity if Unsupported, 1d6 damage per Turn (Uncommon)

15 Physical Limitation: Poor Eyesight, suffers -2 to all Sight PER Rolls Frequently, Greatly Impairing

The Irklan, a human religious sect (JTAS #23)

Irklan Package Deal

Cost Powers

3 +3 STR

9 +3 DEX

6 +3 CON

Irklan Martial Training

8 1) +1 with All Combat

10 2) Martial Arts (10 points' worth)

3 3) SS: Pharmacology/Toxicology 11-

5 4) Stealth 13-

5 5) WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Blowguns

9 6) 9 points' worth of Skills from the following list: Acting, Bureaucratics, Climbing, Combat Skill Levels, Concealment, Conversation, Cramming, Cryptography, Deduction, Disguise, Forgery, Lightning Reflexes, Lockpicking, Martial Arts, Mimicry, Penalty Skill Levels, Persuasion, Security Systems, Seduction, Shadowing, Skill Levels, Sleight Of Hand, Streetwise, Tracking, Weapon Familiarity, any Background Skill, Contacts, Deep Cover, Deadly Blow

Disadvantages

10 Reputation: Irklan: sorcerer/mystic/psionic, 8- (Extreme)

20 Psychological Limitation: Irklan Dietary/Alcohol Regulation (Common, Total)

25 Psychological Limitation: Survival Above All (Very Common, Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Stoic, Disdain for Hedonism and Technology (Common, Total)

Thank you kindly. I'm having more fun converting these than I suspected; I wish I had a full-on bestiary to convert.

(A Star Hero Bestiary! There's a new book to pitch to Steve.)

When I finish up my list of Minor Races, I plan to look at my gun list again.

With Dark Champions in hand, I think I can do a better job of converting some of the guns than I may have before.

And of course, I haven't done any of the guns in HD yet, so there's that.

We can always use more starships; you can never have too many of those (especially civilian ships and small military vessels). And you seem to have a good handle on converting vehicles, something that makes my head hurt when I try it.

the one ship I've always wanted to tackle but never got beyond creating the cutter itself is the modular cutter

problem being, I feel to do the cutter justice would require borrowing from the work done in GURPS Traveller already, and I dont want to cross that line into probable copyright infringement

the Cutter dates back to the LBB set, but there were only 2 modules mentioned

one being a fighter hangar, and the other to carry an ATV

Here ya go, initial take on Cutters

these are all taken from Journal #5, so we dont have to worry about toe stepping

Cutter Module

Player:

Val Char Cost

105 STR 0

0 DEX -30

23 BODY 0

0 SPD -10

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

0" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 34

Cost Power

8 Internal Life Support: LS (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

17 Internal Power Supply: Endurance Reserve (150 END, 10 REC) Reserve: (25 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

Options

9 1) Passenger and Cargo Module: +20 STR (20 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Crew-Served (2 people; -1/4) [Notes: Can Carry 24 passengers or 24 displacement tons of cargo, depending on the cargo carried, a simple 30 ton cargo box can be carried instead]

8 2) Assault Boat Module: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 8 Real Cost) Tunneling 2" through 2 DEF material (10 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), OIF Bulky (-1), Custom Modifier (only to dig 2 foxholes; -1/2) (Real Cost: 3) plus +10 STR (10 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) (Real Cost: 5)

10 3) Fuel Skimming and Refining Module: Minor Transform 6d6 (unrefined hydrogen or water into refined fuel) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (6 Hours, -3 1/2), OIF Bulky (-1), Crew-Served (2 people; -1/4) [Notes: capacity for 26 tons of fuel]

78 4) Gunship Pod- Beam Laser: RKA 7d6+1, Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (275 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Crew-Served ([3-4] people; -1/2), Custom Modifier (Cannot fire below or to rear; -1/2), Beam (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4)

135 5) Gunship Pod- Missile: RKA 8d6, 16 Charges (+0), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Explosion (+1/2), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4), Autofire (3 shots; +1 1/4) (540 Active Points); OIF Bulky Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; must reload at ship or base; -1 1/4), Crew-Served ([3-4] people; -1/2), Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), Custom Modifier (Cannot fire below or to rear; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/4)

13 6) Zero G Mining Module: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 13 Real Cost) Extra Limb (1) (5 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Crew-Served (2 people; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2) plus Detect A Large Class Of Things 14- (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (25 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Crew-Served (2 people; -1/4) (Real Cost: 11)

Powers Cost: 278

Total Character Cost: 312

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 112

The last of the Minor Races in my list, the JGD-LL-JAGD (JTAS #17).

Jgd-lI-Jagd Package Deal

Cost Powers

10 +5 BODY

3 +3 INT

20 Hydrogen Jet: Flight 10"

0 Only Flies: Running -6" (already figured in)

25 Sensory Organs All Around The Body: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with all Sense Groups

5 Numerous Limbs/Tentacles: Extra Limb (1)

8 Jgd Senses: Radio Perception

3 Jgd Senses: Ultrasonic Perception (Hearing Group)

5 Jgd Senses: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group)

5 Jgd Senses: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)

14 Jgd Senses: +4 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group, Hearing Group and Radio Perception

3 Long-Lived: Life Support (Longevity: 800 Years)

5 Adapted To Live On A Gas Giant: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold)

12 Tough Hide: Armor (4 PD/4 ED)

13 Highly Competent: +2 Overall (20 Active Points); Limited Power Only with Jgd Technology (-½)

Disadvantages

5 Physical Limitation: Large, up to twice human size (4m, or 2"; -2 DCV, +2 to PER Rolls to perceive) Infrequently, Slightly Impairing

15 Physical Limitation: Poor Eyesight, suffers -2 to all Sight PER Rolls Frequently, Greatly Impairing

10 Physical Limitation: Poor Hearing, suffers -2 to all Hearing PER Rolls Frequently, Slightly Impairing

25 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed With Balanced Exchange / Incapable of Unilateral Action (Very Common, Total)

I've been looking at the package deals in the basic Star Hero book, and as far as the basics, I think we can use them without a lot of change

for the Military Packages, I think we should reference the Terran Empire packages, we will need to add a seperate commando package

The Imperial Army Special Forces package could work, after you drop all the implants