DinoMite

Alibear

Here’s the deal...

In 2003 real time I ran a short scenario where a T. Rex fell through a crack in time and landed in Central Park in NY city, the PC’s turned it into a big red stain.

Some of the DNA ended up in the hands of Telios, where else?

For the last 18 months Telios has been working on his plans to build an army of Intellectually enhanced T. Rex’s to carry out his cunning plans.

He started off by building a 3 foot tall version and testing him for Intelligence etc.

He made the little guy a bit too clever and he escaped. DinoMite has an origin..

About a month ago Telios created a ‘daemon’ to hunt down and kill Britain’s top genetic scientists because the T. Rex’s have a genetic weakness which could be exploited by clever players.

I have three questions:

1) What is Telios’ master plan?

2) What is the genetic weakness of the beasties?

3) How do I get DinoMite into the scenario?

Re: DinoMite

1.) To create a disturbance so violent that the authorities have to respond thus getting them out of the way while his agents comb the pc's base for superhuman dna.

2.) Vulnerability to modern chemicals when ingested, revert to animal int when overly stimulated or limited resistance to current disease or pollutants.

3.) Dinomite wants to warn authorities, if intelligent enough to do so, and positioned himself to be captured as a living fossil and wil+l suddenly begin talking when the time is right.

The pcs, or someone, run into Telleios' recovery team shortly after dinomite's capture.

The Dino is sick due to the aformentioned genetic flaw, thus sick and unable to speak until its useful for the gm to have it do so, and is discovered-braught to a university medical center or the pc.

1 Maybe the super-dinosaurs are being created to use as soldiers to overrun and conquer another country and then act as "sheep dogs"(this instinct having been bred into them by Teleios) to herd the humans and to fight off intruders. Maybe the dinosaurs can do more depending on how smart you want them to be (maybe they carry ranged weapons and they instinctively knowhow to use 'em)

Another possibility could be that the whole "tiny arm" thing has been fixed and there arm-muscles are proportionally strong and they can now use them for lifting (maybe the dinosaurs are just intended to be a cheap construction crew or lab assistants ?).

2 Maybe the dinosaurs share the reptilian sensitivity to cold. They're not as useful if they hybernate/die in cold climates, limiting their use seasonally and geographically.

3 Because they're both creations of Teleios, perhaps DinoMite somehow senses the "demons" linked parentage and has been tracking it (perhaps believing itself to be part of the same "pack" as the demon or a rival pack/tribe.).

Fun idea :thumbup:

I have three questions:

Selling "custom built pets" as a status symbol to the rich and powerful. Once they're all in place... :eg:

Vulnerability to yellow. No, seriously, a colorblindness problem. Difficult but not impossible to exploit.

How does a 3 ft. T-rex not get into the scenario?? As soon as he's spotted (on the run, I imagine) they would be notified wouldn't they?

Teios is planning on using the neo-saurs to act as shocktroops in a massive invasion plan. Station the Neo-saurs in strategic locations and let them loose. Personally, I like the Rapters for fast attack.

Cold is a possibility but unlikely due to modern research indicating that they were warm-blooded. However, if they came from a warm enviroment, then they would seriously not like the cold.

They could have been buit with a chemical dependence -OR- sensitivity. I'm sure Telios would have built a fail-safe in. Then there is the animal rage issue. When injured they should make a check to see if they go berserk.

Dinomite may realize that the plan(s) of Telios will only lead to a massive all-out conflict which will serious hurt both sides. He might realize that CO-habitation is the only way to go. Based on that Dinomite comes forward and helps the good guys with the that can stop the Neo-saurs.

Thanks for your replys. :thup:

Okay I started with the little guy last night.

He got into some trouble in a bank and took some hostages, the PC's being their normal heavy handed selves intervened and just about ripped the poor little guys arms off while taking him down.

So I plan on moving forward with the plan of the attack on London without any Intelligence from DinoMite as he is recuperating in hospital.

I plan on attacking The Houses of Parliment, Buckingham Palace, new Scotland Yard, MI5/6 offices and the Supers/ FIST Base (think Until) and taking lots of hostages. Where else would you attack? RAf bases maybe? Nuclear Sub pens in Scotland perhaps?

Maybe if the heroes beat off the attack at their base they might think about a possible connection with one Super Intelligent Dinosaur and a horde of Intellectually Superior T-Rex's roaming around London?

So after Telios has London what is he going to do with it?

Thanks for your replys. :thup:

So I plan on moving forward with the plan of the attack on London without any Intelligence from DinoMite as he is recuperating in hospital.

I was seeing DinoMite to actually double-cross Teleios and conquer Britain for himself but i haven't find the time to refine the idea. (humans are so tasty)

I plan on attacking The Houses of Parliment' date=' Buckingham Palace, new Scotland Yard, MI5/6 offices and the Supers/ FIST Base (think Until) and taking lots of hostages. Where else would you attack? RAf bases maybe? Nuclear Sub pens in Scotland perhaps?[/quote']

* Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) to disrupt the ECHELON network and cut Britain from its allies. probably also major TV/radio emitters or phone lines to delay intevention from superheroes or armed forces.

* Heathrow Airport : or at least screw air traffic a lot, for the same reasons.

I don't think the high command would be eager to launch an assault with planes or subs in such a crowded area so i wonder: is there really a need to waste troops in attacking RAF (except maybe helicopters or air cargos - to keep aid from coming-)

So after Telios has London what is he going to do with it?
Keep Charles from marrying Camilla. No sane genetician could allow those two to breed.

1) Telios intends to scour the earth clean of the weak and genetically infirm. After he ascends to power he will forge a new humanity like a sword from base iron.

2) Perhaps the assembly viruses he used to splice together and fast-grow his neosaurs failed to die off and merely lie dormant in these creatures. Now the right stimuli could cause a sudden cellular degeneration, radical mutaion or simply become a spreading infectious plague imbuing those who are exposed with some degree of the T-rex's genetic traits. Alternately, this may allow someone the opportunity to reconstruct these critters into a less horrific size and shape with the aid and genetic code of DinoMite.

3) Well, if the little beggar is clever enough to escape Telios, then he's smart enough to make the proactive choice and contact the PCs just in time to attempt to foil this whole scheme.

Dinomite could also be more Machivelian... Each step is actually a part of a master scheme to maneuver the heros into a position where he can then spring a greater plan.

If you bring the military into cities, you are limiting their firepower. I don't see the militqary being willing to use tanks and anti-tank arms in the city. (I could be wrong). It is at this time that the Neo-Raptors could be released. A genetically altered cross between a raptor and a ninja. Really nasty close-combat masters. This would "level" the playing field. The Neosaurs wouldn't have heavy weapons but they woul dhave close combat abilities.

It might be a little different than you initially thought, but DionMite could be the mastermind of all the things. What better way to hide than in plain sight.