Corrupted Water Spirit

Eosin

This is a corrupted Waterspirit that might see use in my game. Comments or Crits?Tael - WaterspiritPlayer: NPC

Val Char Cost
40 STR 30
21 DEX 33
16 CON 12
9 BODY -2
8 INT -2
8 EGO -4
20 PRE 10
10 COM 0
9 PD 1
8 ED 5
4 SPD 9
12 REC 2
32 END 0
37 STUN 0
8" RUN48" SWIM68" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 104
Cost Power END
30 Viscous Form: Elemental Control, 60-point powers
47 1) Waterhammer: EB 8d6, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Selective (+1/4), Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (100 Active Points); Must come from a body of water. (-1/2) 10
37 2) Drowning: EB 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), NND ([standard]; LS: Self Contained Breathing; +1), Does BODY (+1) (67 Active Points) 0
30 3) Liquid Form: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points) 0
30 4) Liquid Form II: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points) 0
30 5) Immersion: Desolidification (affected by Magic or Fire), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points) 0
39 6) Watery Form: Shape Shift (Sight, Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, any shape), Imitation, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (69 Active Points) 0
25 7) Merge with the Waters: Invisibility to Sight, Touch and Hearing Groups, Normal Smell, Normal Taste and Spatial Awareness , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (61 Active Points); Only in water (-1/4) 0
30 8) Watery Travel: Teleportation 15", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/4), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (67 Active Points); Continious body of water. (-1/4) 0
23 9) Whispers of the Water: Clairsentience (Hearing, Sight And Smell/Taste Groups), x2 Range (870"), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Mobile Perception Point (can move up to 48" per Phase), MegaScale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (94 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/4), Only near connected bodies of water. (-1/2) 9
12 10) Regeneration: Healing BODY 3d6, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Power loses about a third of its effectiveness (Only in large bodies of water.; -1/2) 0
5 Trauma Resistance: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) 0
15 Reach of the Endless Waters: Stretching 3" 1
33 Divine Form: LS (Eating Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity 1600 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character does not sleep) 0
Powers Cost: 386
Cost Skill
9 Breakfall 16-
3 Climbing 13-
3 Concealment 11-
7 Contortionist 15-
3 Lockpicking 13-
3 Shadowing 11-
3 Stealth 13-
12 Survival (Marine) 16-
10 Defense Maneuver I-IV
5 +1 with HTH Combat
3 +3 with choke - drowning
Skills Cost: 61
Cost Talent
14 Fearless
5 Magesight
19 Combat Sense 15-
Talents Cost: 38
Val Disadvantages
15 Dependence: Water Takes 3d6 Damage (Very Common, 1 Hour)
10 Hunted: River Spirits 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
25 Psychological Limitation: Corrupted (Very Common, Total)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Fire (Uncommon)
10 Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Fire (Uncommon)
Disadvantage Points: 70

Base Points: 100Experience Required: 419Total Experience Available: 419Experience Unspent: 0Total Character Cost: 589

Height: 0.01 m Hair: milky white
Weight: 1.00 kg Eyes: none
Appearance: Amorphous but smells of raw sewage.Personality: Lethargic and torporus Tael is only active when summoned and bound to the will of the mage.Quote:Background: Before the anchient wars spirits walked (or swam) in the lands of the west but the taint of the Ennwrathi corrupted these fair spirits and subjugated them to the will of dark powers. Tael is one such spirit. Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: 

Re: Corrupted Water Spirit

Man, that thing is tough.

Technically, the Damage Reduction shouldn't be in the EC, but since it's an NPC, it doesn't matter much.

I'd give some of the creature's Skills some colorful names, if they don't work in the usual fashion. For instance, I assume the Lockpicking is because it just lets its "fingers" flow into the lock and pushes the tumblers around, not that it knows how to use lockpicks.

Looks like a good challenge for a large group of Heroic characters or a smaller group of tougher ones.

Im not trying to pick a fight' date=' Im just curious: [i'] Why?[/i]

As AnotherSkip said, it's normally disallowed. It's in the Guidelines section of EC's, I don't have my book to give you a page reference.

It doesn't matter to much in the case of NPC's (except published ones), since presumably the GM can get his own permission to overturn the rule.

As mentioned - normally 0 END powers are not allowed in an EC but it wasn't much of a big deal since it isn't to tweak a PC so much as to organize the "powers."

Thanks for the comments. When you hear a scream tonight you know that I have unleashed this monster on the party.