PULP HERO -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Steve Long

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PULP HERO -- What Do *You* Want To See?

I appreciate the suggestions' date=' but unfortunately the time for suggestions is more or less past, since the playtest files just went up (see other post). ;)[/quote'] Maybe you can incorporate lateer suggestions in the NEXT edition of "Pulp Hero", or in a future suplement !

Or a five page book entitled:

The Pulp things Steve forgot. I mean, the only thing he hasn't mentioned Pulp wise that I have seen is the Hoover Dam as a location.

:jawdrop: Shame on you Steve., for forgetting the Hoover Dam. :tsk: Now you have to go and rewrite the whole thing. :rofl:

Typically this has probably struck me too late to be of any use but some information on internal transport in countries other than the U S A in the Pulp era would be useful. Say for example the P C's need to get from Shanghai to Chungking and don't have any planes available how long will it take ? What are the roads like and how easy is it to secure a vehicle ? How good is the rail system ? Information like this for many countries outside the U S A would be very helpful for referees and players !

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, CF, no llamas (well, other than one really brief mention in the South America section).

st b, I think the travel section has the information that would allow you to extrapolate what you need to know, if you want to be precise about the travel times. It's not country-by-country specific, but as general information it's broadly applicable to most Pulp situations. ;)

To "Steve Long" Thank you for that. I know that the Indian rail system was still pretty good in the Pulp era but i'm not so sure about the railways in China or parts of Africa. A train is a good place for an adventure as anyone who has watched films like "Murder On The Orient Express" or "Breakhart Pass" can attest !

Don't think I've seen that one; have to look it up sometime.

Unfortunately, detailed research about exactly how well the trains run in every country (or even every major country) is a bit beyond the scope of PH, though I do try to indicate where the major rail lines run when I have easy access to that information. More details will have to wait until I have a lot of time (and even more reference sources) to write a big ol' "World of 1935" sourcebook to expand on Chapter Three of PH. :hex:

Don't think I've seen that one; have to look it up sometime.

Unfortunately, detailed research about exactly how well the trains run in every country (or even every major country) is a bit beyond the scope of PH, though I do try to indicate where the major rail lines run when I have easy access to that information. More details will have to wait until I have a lot of time (and even more reference sources) to write a big ol' "World of 1935" sourcebook to expand on Chapter Three of PH. :hex:

"Breakheart Pass" is a western that stars Charles Bronson as a government agent posing as a killer who is arrested by a sherrif and gets onto a train suppposedly carrying medecine to an isolated fort that is suffering from an epidemic. It turns out to be a conspiracy involving various people on the train (including the State Governor), some outlaws (who are supposed to be in custody at the fort) and an indian chief. People start dying on the trip as they chug through the mountains and it ends with a rousing gunfight, explosions etc. I think that , updated a little, it could make a workable scenario for a pulp game !

Nope. That's a decision that I am definitely leaving to individual players and/or GMs.

Good heavens, man! Don't you understand that we need rules for these things? How on Earth are we supposed to function without a rule for every possible eventuality? At this rate you'll be suggesting that we think for ourselves, use our judgement and - gasp, I can barely say it - employ some creativity.