Character for Review - Avatar

Iuz the Evil

Here's a character I'm looking at submitting for a PBEM, and given that the point levels are so incalculably higher than I'm used to (650 vs. my usual 350) I was hoping people would give him the critical once over. Take a long hard look and feel free to rip him apart. I can take it, gimme your best shot! I would love to hear feedback on point balancing, power costs, etc. Note that I may tinker with the background a bit more, I am definitely not satisfied with that yet, but I didn't want to leave it out either.

I'd also like to thank Enforcer for his "hero a day" thread. Was extremely helpful as a source of inspiration (read: power examples and formatting, plus blatant source material).

So without further ado, here he is... my flying uber-brick. Avatar.

(Lars Kreiger)

80* Str. 10 CHA Cost = 112

30* Dex. 0 Power Cost = 538

40* Con. 0 Total Cost = 650

20 Body 20

18 Int. 8 Phases: 2,4,6,7,9,11,12

18 Ego 16 OCV: 10

25 Pre. 15 DCV: 10

20 Com. 5 ECV: 6

30 PD 14

30 ED 23

7* Spd. 1

24 Rec. 0

80 End. 0

80 Stun 0

Pts. Power

10 I’m Not Impressed!: +15 PRE (only to defend against PRE attacks -1/2)

20 Doesn’t Tire Easily: 1/2 END Cost, STR.

30 Elemental Control – Superhuman Physiology

30 (E/C) Phenomenal Strength: +60 STR.

30 (E/C) Incredible Reflexes: +30 DEX.

30 (E/C) Incredible Reflexes (II): +6 SPD.

30 (E/C) Amazing Resilience: +30 CON.

15 Elemental Control – Invulnerability

22 (E/C) Nigh Invulnerable: Damage Resistance (30 PD/30 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points)

15 (E/C) Even More Invulnerable Than That!: 50% resistant physical damage reduction

15 (E/C) Even More Invulnerable Than That! (II): 50% resistant energy damage reduction

28 (E/C) Impervious to Environments: LS (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: 1600 Years; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/ Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)

15 (E/C) Boundless Reserves: 30 points Power Defense

15 (E/C) Will of Iron: 30 points Mental Defense

15 (E/C) Recovers Rapidly From Damage: Healing 3d6, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max (see FRED p. 120)]

10 Utterly Without Flaws: -10 Lack of Weakness

75 Brick Tricks: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) All Tied Up with Nowhere to Go!: Entangle 7d6, 7 DEF (70 Active Points); Defense Depends On Material Used (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (appropriate material of opportunity) (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)

7u 2) Crunch!: Dispel Technological Objects 20d6, One At A Time (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

3u 3) Shockwave clap: Explosion on up to 75 STR, Hole In The Middle (75 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)

2u 4) Unrestrainable Might: +60 STR (60 Active Points); Only to determine Casual Strength (-1 1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

3u 5) Super-Strength Smash-Through: Tunneling 1" through 18 DEF material (56 Active Points); 2x END Cost (-1/2), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4)

2u 6) Barrier Penetration: Indirect (attack always originates up to the character's reach in front of him; +1/4) for up to 80 Active Points of STR (20 Active Points)

4u 7) Tear You Limb From Limb: HKA 2 1/2d6 (5d6 w/STR) (40 Active Points)

2u 8) Stronger than A Locomotive: +75 STR (75 Active Points); Only To Stop Moving Objects (-2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

4u 9) Distance Punch: Double Knockback (+3/4) for up to 80 Active Points of STR (60 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

2u 10) Stratospheric Throw: MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) for up to 80 Active Points of STR (40 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2); Only to Determine Distance Throwing An Object (-1/2)

40 Hyper-Movement : Multipower, 40-point reserve, (40 Active Points)

4u 2) Overdrive Flight: Flight 15", Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (37 Active Points)

4u 3) Defies Gravity!: Flight 20", Improved Noncombat Movement (x2) (40 Active Points)

4 Swift Sight: Sight Group, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (6 Active Points); Only To See Path Ahead While Moving With Mega-Scale (-1/2)

Pts. Skills

16 +2 levels with all combat

10 +2 levels with hand to hand combat

3 Conversation

3 Deduction

3 Linguist (German is native)

2 Language: English (idiomatic) (4 Active Points)

1 Language: French (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 Language: Spanish (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 Language: Russian (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

2 Navigation (Air)

3 Oratory

Disadvantages: Pts.

Social Limitation: Public Identity (frequently, major) 15

Overconfidence (common, strong) 15

No Code vs. Killing (common) 10

Fearless (common, strong) 15

Protective of Earth and All It’s Inhabitants (common, strong) 15

Honorable – his word is his bond, won’t betray (common, strong) 15

Distinctive Features (aura of incredible power, Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 15

Distinctive Features (massive, incredibly handsome, noticed, concealable; detectable by commonly-used senses) 10

Watched by German Government, 14/less 15

Watched by Secret Government Cabal, 11/less 10

Reputation, incredibly strong and invulnerable, frequently 11/less, (major, widely known) 15

Height: 1.97 m Hair: Blond

Weight: 130.00 kg Eyes: Blue

Appearance: Avatar wears a red and white bodysuit with half-mask. He is powerfully muscled, incredibly handsome, and virtually radiates palpable might. He moves with lithe grace and incredible self-assuredness, having almost never experienced pain of any kind in the last decade or so of life.

Personality: Protect the Earth, promote justice, find his place in the world. In that order.

Quote:"Ãœbergabe oder, stirbt Ihre Wahl" (“Surrender or die, your choiceâ€)

Background: Lars Krieger, born in Brandenburg two weeks after the “seedingâ€, has been aware of his powers (and difference from the rest of humanity) from his earliest memories. He was raised by his parents in Berlin and had a fairly positive and nurturing childhood. His mother, a linguist assigned with the United Nations diplomatic corps, was often away on business, but took him with her on several extended trips, and made significant efforts to be an active part of Lars’ childhood. His father was an elementary school administrator, and considerably more avaliable to his precocious son. As they had suspected, Lars’ gifts were difficult to conceal, and ultimately resulted in his abandoning the idea of a “secret identity†entirely in recent months. By latency age, his ability to fly and incredible speed and strength were developing rapidly, exceeding the wildest expectations of his adolescent fantasies. Lars’ mother was killed during an auto accident while traveling abroad just after his sixteenth birthday by a drunk driver, and he spent several days isolated in his room pondering the meaninglessness of her loss. His father eventually motivated him to leave, and they engaged in disussion deep into the night about what this meant for them, their family, and the future. He continues to do his best to live by the example set by his father, to make a difference in the world, and holding his word to be his bond (“Ein Wort eines Mannes ist sein Bandâ€).

Lars spent the next several years practicing in secret to perfect his control over his powers and conceal his gifts. He was ready to commence his “superheroics†when a gas main exploded near the Alexanderplatz. While in the process of saving several dozen people from the fiery conflagration, Lars’ image was recorded by television cameras. Quickly his identity was discerned, and he found himself the center of a media circus.

For the last two months, Avatar has been actively working to use his gifts for the betterment of the world around him. He conceptualizes himself as a “Defender of the Earthâ€, and does his best to hold himself apart from the conflicts of nation-states (though he has acted on behalf of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland on several occasions when requested to do so). More and more however, he finds it difficult to relate to the people he protects. He’s stopped using his given name for the most part, calling himself Avatar (based on a headline which referred to him as an “Avatar der Macht†– or Avatar of Power). Aside from the occasional hedonistic indulgence, he actually requires very little… certainly not food, rest, or shelter. His ability to meaningfully relate to the world which he protects is something which Avatar has begun to seriously question in recent weeks.

Powers/Tactics: Avatar generally follows the maxim of “meet force with overwhelming forceâ€. He has a variety of methods for applying almost inconcievable physical might, which he does not hesitate to do with little regard for the consequences to his designated target. His initial reluctance to kill has completely evaporated after several high casualty conflicts with armed opponents, and he now uses lethal force virtually without thought in response to aggression. Avatar does concern himself with the risk to innocents however, perhaps a holdover from the loss of his mother. If possible, he’ll steer conflict away from populated areas, fragile structures, and civilians. His virtual invulnerability has resulted in overconfidence, as he has begun to believe himself incapable of being hurt. This is not factually true, and experiencing the results of this lack of caution may result in greater tactical savvy in the future.

Re: Character for Review - Avatar

A good size chunk of your EC's are "book illegal" so that depends on the GM's call...otherwise I'm quite fond of building Kryptonian clones with a Big Multi of brick/strength trix and a short list of standard powers like armor,LS and flight, plus enhanced senses outside frameworks....I built a Daximite clone for Galactic champs that came in around 600 points so it should be possable even if the GM says no to your current build....SAy Str 30 amd a 60 to 90 point multi that includes + X str, no figured,REnd>0 as a slot, then add in the rest, buy damage reduction at the x1/2 level and you should get close.....

A good size chunk of your EC's are "book illegal" so that depends on the GM's call...otherwise I'm quite fond of building Kryptonian clones with a Big Multi of brick/strength trix and a short list of standard powers like armor' date='LS and flight, plus enhanced senses outside frameworks....I built a Daximite clone for Galactic champs that came in around 600 points so it should be possable even if the GM says no to your current build....SAy Str 30 amd a 60 to 90 point multi that includes + X str, no figured,REnd>0 as a slot, then add in the rest, buy damage reduction at the x1/2 level and you should get close.....[/quote']

Thank you, that's what I'm looking for.

10 Utterly Without Flaws: -10 Lack of Weakness

Remember that under 5th Edition, LoW is subject to categories of defense -- kinda like Flash Defense only protects the sense group it's defined for. Now I can't answer for FREder, but FREd wasn't too clear on what those categories were. I rule them as natural (your own PD/ED), close equipment (Armor or PD/ED from a Focus), external (Force Field or Force Wall), mental, and unusual (power and flash).

RE: The EC's. I can't speak for GM's other than myself -- and don't take this as an attack because it's not meant as one -- but I've deducted character points off of sheets for less than that, especially the SPD thing. Then again, I'm pretty explicit about what I'll allow in what power frameworks.

Now, I *might* think about allowing those EC's -- if there were a defined reason other than an adjustment power why they wouldn't always be up. Like losing the powers around green rocks, having a secret ID, or somesuch.

"Ãœbergabe oder' date=' stirbt Ihre Wahl" (“Surrender or die, your choiceâ€)[/quote'] How about: "Ergib Dich oder stirb - Deine Entscheidung."

Just my 2 (Euro-) cents - YMMV, of course. :) Though in any case, "Ãœbergabe" can mean "surrender" mostly for certain military purposes, referring to the surrender of installations, settlements and such. It's also difficult to construct the sentence with it in German. Instead of it, I would use: "gib auf," "ergib Dich," or some such.

(I'm Austrian, BTW.)

How about: "Ergib Dich oder stirb - Deine Entscheidung."

Just my 2 (Euro-) cents - YMMV, of course. :) Though in any case, "Ãœbergabe" can mean "surrender" mostly for certain military purposes, referring to the surrender of installations, settlements and such. It's also difficult to construct the sentence with it in German. Instead of it, I would use: "gib auf," "ergib Dich," or some such.

(I'm Austrian, BTW.)

Extremely useful, thanks!

I'm having trouble re-tooling him to be "rules legal" with the E/Cs. Tossing them out basically, as I can't find a way to make them have utility for him and still be cost effective (likely due to my unfamiliarity with 5th Ed. Hero). He jumped right up to 800+ points at that stage, and I'm having to shave a LOT of costs. I'll re-post once he's revamped. Any assistance continues to be greatly appreciated.

Ok, let's try that again... here's my revamped (and hopefully more "rules consistent") uber-brick, now with new-improved secret identity and quotes. Thanks to all who helped with the process. :)

(Erich Kreiger)

60/75* Str. 50 CHA Cost = 230

20 Dex. 30 Power Cost = 420

20/30* Con. 20 Total Cost = 650

20 Body 20

13 Int. 3 Phases: 3,6,9,12 or 2,4,6,8,10,12

18 Ego 16 OCV: 7

25 Pre. 15 DCV: 7

30 PD 18

30 ED 26

4/6* Spd. 10

16 Rec. 0

70 End. 15

65 Stun 2

Pts. Power

10 Shakes Off Mighty Blows!: +10 CON, only to resist being stunned (-1)

20 Doesn’t Tire Easily: 1/2 END Cost, STR.

13 Moves with Lightning Swiftness!: +2 SPD, costs END to use (-1/2)

10 Blinding Speed in Combat: +3 levels with hand to hand combat, linked to “Moves with Lightning Swiftness†+2 SPD (-1/2)

10 Superhuman Strength: +15 STR, doesn’t affect figured stats (-1/2)

45 Nigh Invulnerable: Damage Resistance (30 PD/30 ED), Hardened x2 (+1/2) (45 Active Points)

20 Even More Invulnerable Than That!: 50% resistant physical damage reduction; requires a successful CON roll (-1/2)

10 Somewhat More Invulnerable Than That!: 25% resistant energy damage reduction; requires a successful CON roll (-1/2)

37 Impervious to Environments: LifeSupport (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing 1 END per Turn; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

20 Boundless Reserves: 20 points Power Defense

13 Will of Iron: 20 points Mental Defense; Half Defense vs Mind Control: Slightly (-1/4)

14 Absurd Recovery from Damage: Healing 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [no healing max., see FRED p. 120]

15 Utterly Without Flaws: -15 Lack of Weakness

75 Incredible Strength Tricks: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) All Tied Up with Nowhere to Go!: Entangle 7d6, 7 DEF (70 Active Points); Defense Depends On Material Used (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (appropriate material of opportunity) (-1/2), Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4)

7u 2) Crunch!: Dispel Technological Objects 20d6, One At A Time (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

3u 3) Shockwave clap: AE:Cone on up to 75 STR (75 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Restrainable (-1/2)

3u 4) Unrestrainable Might: +75 STR (75 Active Points); Only to determine Casual Strength (-1 1/2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

3u 5) Super-Strength Smash-Through: Tunneling 1" through 18 DEF material (56 Active Points); 2x END Cost (-1/2), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4)

1u 6) Barrier Penetration: Indirect (attack always originates up to the character's reach in front of him; +1/4) for up to 75 Active Points of STR (19 Active Points); 2x END Cost (-1/2)

4u 7) Tear You Limb From Limb: HKA 2 1/2d6 (5d6 w/STR) (40 Active Points)

2u 8) Stronger than A Locomotive: +75 STR (75 Active Points); Only To Stop Moving Objects (-2), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)

3u 9) Distance Punch: Double Knockback (+3/4) for up to 75 Active Points of STR (56 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2)

3u 10) Penetrating Blow: Armor Piercing (+1/2) for up to 75 Active Points of STR (37 Active Points)

2u 11) Stratospheric Throw: MegaScale (1" = 10 km; +1/2) for up to 75 Active Points of STR (38 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2); Only to Determine Distance Throwing An Object (-1/2)

2u 12) Mega- Haymaker: HA +8d6 (40 Active Points); Only When Using Haymaker To Punch (- 1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

30 Hyper-Movement : Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points)

2u 2) Overdrive Flight: Flight 10", Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (24 Active Points)

3u 3) Defies Gravity!: Flight 15", Improved Noncombat Movement (x2) (30 Active Points)

4 Swift Sight: Sight Group, Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (6 Active Points); Only To See Path Ahead While Moving With Mega-Scale (-1/2)

Pts. Skills

3 Conversation

3 Deduction

2 Navigation (Air)

3 Oratory

Distinctive Features (aura of incredible power, Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses) 15

Distinctive Features (massive, incredibly handsome, noticed, concealable; detectable by commonly-used senses) 10

Reputation, incredibly strong and invulnerable, frequently 11/less, (major, widely known) 15

Appearance: Avatar wears a red and white bodysuit with half-mask. He is powerfully muscled, incredibly handsome, and virtually radiates palpable might. He moves with lithe grace and incredible self-assuredness, having almost never experienced pain of any kind in the last decade or so of life.

Personality: Protect the Earth, promote justice, find his place in the world. In that order.

Quote:"Ergib Dich oder stirb - Deine Entscheidung" (“Surrender or die, your choiceâ€)

Background: Erich Krieger, born in Brandenburg two weeks after the “seedingâ€, has been aware of his powers from his earliest memories. He was raised by his parents in Berlin and had a fairly positive and nurturing childhood. His mother, a linguist assigned with the United Nations diplomatic corps, was often away on business, but took him with her on several extended trips, and made significant efforts to be an active part of Erich’ childhood. His father was an elementary school administrator, and considerably more avaliable to his precocious son. As they had suspected, Erich’s gifts were difficult to conceal, and ultimately resulted in his abandoning the idea of a “secret identity†entirely in recent months. By latency age, his ability to fly and incredible speed and strength were developing rapidly, exceeding the wildest expectations of his adolescent fantasies. Erich’s mother was killed during an auto accident while traveling abroad just after his sixteenth birthday by a drunk driver, and he spent several days isolated in his room pondering the meaninglessness of her loss. His father eventually motivated him to leave, and they engaged in disussion deep into the night about what this meant for them, their family, and the future. He continues to do his best to live by the example set by his father, to make a difference in the world, and holding his word to be his bond (“Ein Wort eines Mannes ist sein Bandâ€).

Erich spent the next several years practicing in secret to perfect his control over his powers and conceal his gifts. He was ready to commence his “superheroics†when a gas main exploded near the Alexanderplatz. While in the process of saving several dozen people from the fiery conflagration, Erich’s image was recorded by television cameras. Quickly his identity was discerned, and he found himself the center of a media circus.

For the last two months, Avatar has been actively working to use his gifts for the betterment of the world around him. He conceptualizes himself as a “Defender of the Earthâ€, and does his best to hold himself apart from the conflicts of nation-states (though he has acted on behalf of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland on several occasions when requested to do so). More and more however, he finds it difficult to relate to the people he protects. He’s stopped using his given name for the most part, calling himself Avatar (based on a headline which referred to him as an “Avatar der Macht†– or Avatar of Power). Aside from the occasional hedonistic indulgence, he actually requires very little… certainly not food, rest, or shelter. His ability to meaningfully relate to the world which he protects is something which Avatar has begun to seriously question in recent weeks.

Powers/Tactics: Avatar generally follows the maxim of “meet force with overwhelming forceâ€. He has a variety of methods for applying almost inconcievable physical might, which he does not hesitate to do with little regard for the consequences to his designated target. His initial reluctance to kill has completely evaporated after several high casualty conflicts with armed opponents, and he now uses lethal force virtually without thought in response to aggression. Avatar does concern himself with the risk to innocents however, perhaps a holdover from the loss of his mother. If possible, he’ll steer conflict away from populated areas, fragile structures, and civilians. His virtual invulnerability has resulted in overconfidence, as he has begun to believe himself incapable of being hurt. This is not factually true, and experiencing the results of this lack of caution may result in greater tactical savvy in the future.

Y'know, this character reminded me of the "status of normals" thread. He's almost tough enough to take on a tank. Heh heh heh.

Sorry, that just sort of slipped out.

So, anyway... I figure if he can't mega-haymaker his way through the Abrams' front armor, he could throw it into orbit?

A gm would be insane to allow that megascale throw thing, its instant death ( unless you can breath vacuum )

other than that its looks like a perfectly fine 5thed abomination

Yeah, well, it's not quite as obscene as the megascale knockback punch I stole it from (thank you Enforcer), but after all this is my initial submission. I figure that he may get 'tweaked' by the GM on review, and I will either have to shave yet more points, or have a few extra to play with after a couple more outrageous powers are 'nerfed'. That's assuming the GM is interested enough by the concept to not just deny him altogether of course.

Anyway, I figure that the megascale throw should be worth a shot heh. Oh, and thank you for the abomination comment, which gave me the warm fuzzies, as that's exactly what I was going for.

650 points, sheesh! My only excuse is that I was drunk with power.

Guest WhammeWhamme

I don't think the +xSTR and +xd6 Hand to Hand Attack powers would be legal in a game with a max AP of 80...

I don't think the +xSTR and +xd6 Hand to Hand Attack powers would be legal in a game with a max AP of 80...

Probably not. I have to re-nerf the whole thing anyway, as I just became aware he's 100 points too low. 750?! Ah well, guess I'll get rid of some of the CON rolls and revamp his multipower to take into account the limits.

I need to read these things more carefully. That or buy that Hero Designer software.

I don't think you can put naked mods into the multi...I built the krytonian Multi as Multi(90)

u +60 Str REnd>0 No figured stats

u "Gift wrapping" Entangle 9D6 OIF: Objects of oppurtunity,Def based on materials

u E-attack 6D6 x2 KB,REnd>1/2,AE:Hexes "Super breath

and like that...The stats were around 30 for str and con, 20-23 for dex and speed 5...I think I had a "Super speed" slot of +5 speed,+25 STR REnd>0, No figured (for str) so I could have speed 10 and str 55 if needed.....DR x1/2 PDr ans EDr, Armor +10 def, hard,Damage resistance 16/16 Hard,Hard on base PD and ED of 16,Flight 15" with a "Hyperspeed slot in the (around a million C with Megascale) LS: breathholding per 10 mins, LS:All toxins and bio agents, LS: high and low Temp and pressure, LS:Radiation, and a few fillers...I beleive I included a 6D6 No KB RKA in the multi as well...sorry I'm at the library and don't have the sheet to refer to...this was around 600 with skills so it's in the ballpark....

Ok, here's what I'm submitting... I'll also make any changes to the final submission that are forthcoming following GM feedback (if any), on this posting. So without further ado...

Overarching concept - exploration of what it means to be human, themes of transition age (moving from adolescence to adulthood) and coming to grips with power and responsibility. Growing up fast, and the costs associated with that. And of course the campaign themes of celebrity, etc.

(Erich Kreiger)

60/75* Str. 50 CHA Cost = 269

23 Dex. 39 Power Cost = 476

30 Con. 40 Total Cost = 750

20 Body 20

13 Int. 3 Phases: 2,4,6,8,10,12

18 Ego 16 OCV: 8

25 Pre. 15 DCV: 8

30 PD 18

30 ED 24

6 Spd. 30

20 Rec. 8

80 End. 10

75 Stun 0

Pts. Power

10 Superhuman Strength: +15 STR, doesn’t affect figured stats (-1/2)

60 Nigh Invulnerable: Damage Resistance (30 PD/30 ED), Hardened x2, non- resistant defense also Hardened x2 (+1) (60 Active Points)

30 Even More Invulnerable Than That!: 50% resistant physical damage reduction

30 Even More Invulnerable Than That!(II): 50% resistant energy damage reduction

37 Impervious to Environments: LifeSupport (Eating Character only has to eat once per week; Extended Breathing 1 END per Turn; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

20 Boundless Reserves: 20 points Power Defense

13 Will of Iron: 20 points Mental Defense; Half Defense vs Mind Control: Slightly (-1/4)

14 Absurd Recovery from Damage: Healing 2d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [no healing max., see FRED p. 120]

15 Utterly Without Flaws: -15 Lack of Weakness

75 Incredible Strength and Energy Tricks: Multipower, 75-point reserve

3u 1) All Tied Up with Nowhere to Go!: Entangle 7d6, 7 DEF (70 Active Points); De fense Depends On Material Used (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), No Range (-1/2), OIF (appropriate material of opportunity) (-1/2), Cannot Form Bar riers (-1/4)

5u 2) Crunch!: Dispel Technological Objects 20d6, One At A Time (+1/4) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

3u 3) Super-Strength Smash-Through: Tunneling 1" through 18 DEF material (56 Active Points); 2x END Cost (-1/2), No Noncombat Movement (-1/4)

4u 4) Tear You Limb From Limb: HKA 2 1/2d6 (5d6 w/STR) (40 Active Points)

4u 5) Energy Bolt (Variable EM Blast): 4d6 RKA, variable special effects (various EM energies +1/4), 2x END Cost (-1/2)

4u 6) Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP): 2d6 Energy Blast, NND (Defense is force field or resistant Energy Damage Reduction) (+1), Attack Does Body (+1), Explosion (+1/2), Megascale (1" = 10km; + 1/2), can be scaled down to 1" = 10m (+1/2), No Range (-1/2) (60 Active Points)

4u 7) Mega-Blast (WIdespectrum EM Blast): 3d6+1 RKA, AE:Hex (+1/2), 2xEND Cost (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2)

5u 8) Blinded by the Lightfield: Darkness to Sight Group 4" radius, Personal Immu nity (+1/4) (50 Active Points)

4u 9) Holographic Projections: Sight Group Images x8" Radius (+3/4), +4 to PER Roll (38 Active Points)

1u 10) Power Device: Aid Endurance 4d6 (40 Active Points); Technological/ Electricity-based END Only (-1), Only Restores to Starting Values (-1/2), Others Only (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

5u 11) Sunflash: Sight Group Flash 5d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (26 Active Points) with linked Radio Group Flash 5d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (17 Active Points)

6u 12) Electromagnetic Mastery: Suppress Electromagnetic Powers 4d6, All Powers Simultaneously (+2) (60 Active Points)

30 Hyper-Movement : Multipower, 30-point reserve, (30 Active Points)

2u 2) Overdrive Flight: Flight 10", Megascale (1" = 1 km; +1/4) (24 Active Points)

3u 3) Defies Gravity!: Flight 15", Improved Noncombat Movement (x2) (30 Active Points)

20 Cloak from EM Detection: Invisibility to Sight and Additional Sense Groups, No Fringe (40 Active Points); Electronic Based Sensors only (-1)

3 Full Spectrum Vision I: Infrared Perception (Sight Group), costs END (-1/2)

3 Full Spectrum Vision II: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group), costs END (-1/2)

5 Stare into the Heart of the Sun!: 5 points sight group Flash Defense

Pts. Skills

24 +3 levels with all combat

3 Conversation

3 Deduction

2 Navigation (Air)

Quote:"Ergib Dich oder stirb - Deine Entscheidung" ("Surrender or die, your choice")

Background: Erich Krieger, born in Brandenburg two weeks after the "seeding", has been aware of his powers from his earliest memories. He was raised by his parents in Berlin and had a fairly positive and nurturing childhood. His mother, a linguist assigned with the United Nations diplomatic corps, was often away on business, but took him with her on several extended trips, and made significant efforts to be an active part of Erich’ childhood. His father was an elementary school administrator, and considerably more avaliable to his precocious son. As they had suspected, Erich’s gifts were difficult to conceal, and ultimately resulted in his abandoning the idea of a "secret identity" entirely in recent months. By latency age, his ability to fly and incredible speed and strength were developing rapidly, exceeding the wildest expectations of his adolescent fantasies. His powers over electromagnetic energies were considerably less well defined, resulting in several embarrassing episodes (and lots of burned out electronics in the Krieger household). Erich’s mother was killed during an auto accident while traveling abroad just after his sixteenth birthday by a drunk driver, and he spent several days isolated in his room pondering the meaninglessness of her loss. His father eventually motivated him to leave, and they engaged in disussion deep into the night about what this meant for them, their family, and the future. He continues to do his best to live by the example set by his father, to make a difference in the world, and holding his word to be his bond ("Ein Wort eines Mannes ist sein Band").

Erich spent the next several years practicing in secret to perfect his control over his powers and conceal his gifts. He was ready to commence his "superheroics" when a gas main exploded near the Alexanderplatz. While in the process of saving several dozen people from the fiery conflagration, Erich’s image was recorded by television cameras. Quickly his identity was discerned, and he found himself the center of a media circus.

For the last two months, Avatar has been actively working to use his gifts for the betterment of the world around him. He conceptualizes himself as a "Defender of the Earth", and does his best to hold himself apart from the conflicts of nation-states (though he has acted on behalf of the Bundesrepublik Deutschland on several occasions when requested to do so). More and more however, he finds it difficult to relate to the people he protects. He’s stopped using his given name for the most part, calling himself Avatar (based on a headline which referred to him as an "Avatar der Macht" – or Avatar of Power). Aside from the occasional hedonistic indulgence, he actually requires very little… certainly not food, rest, or shelter. His ability to meaningfully relate to the world which he protects is something which Avatar has begun to seriously question in recent weeks.

Powers/Tactics: Avatar generally follows the maxim of "meet force with overwhelming force". He has a variety of methods for applying almost inconcievable physical might, which he does not hesitate to do with little regard for the consequences to his designated target. His ability to manipulate energies in the electromagnetic spectrum is growing in power and versatility, and he has begun employing these powers in ways both subtle and impressive. His initial reluctance to kill has completely evaporated after several high casualty conflicts with armed opponents, and he now uses lethal force virtually without thought in response to aggression. Avatar does concern himself with the risk to innocents however, perhaps a holdover from the loss of his mother. If possible, he’ll steer conflict away from populated areas, fragile structures, and civilians. His virtual invulnerability has resulted in overconfidence, as he has begun to believe himself incapable of being hurt. This is not factually true, and experiencing the results of this lack of caution may result in greater tactical savvy in the future.