Creating a bomb expert.

Badger

right now I am trying to create a bomb expert. The things that I need help on are:

1) I am assuming creating a bomb would be a transform (various useless materials to bomb). But I am unsure how to go about it after that exactly. Also, do I need some kind of ability or whatever to activate bomb. I already have figured to give him SS: Chemistry and a Professional skill as a bomb expert. Am I missing something/anything.

2) I am also trying to give him a power to be able to sneak in and put the bomb in a place during combat. I really dont want to use stealth per se. In my mind I am thinking some type of inexplicable ability where he always somehow slips under the enemy's nose and plants it. And nobody sees him until he is running away full tilt yelling "Fire in the hole" 2-3 seconds ahead of explosion (and then maybe inexplicably only noticed by teammates). I am thinking some kind of Invisibility (though the effects are pretty much just inexplicably unnoticed) with maybe some kind of Limitation of in combat only to drop the bomb. I cant seem to find a limitation that works for that, right.

Any help appreciated.

Re: Creating a bomb expert.

40 120Rka 4d6, explosion, 0 end, variable triger, no range-1/2, extra time 1 turn -1, 0dcv-1/2, OAF defusable bomb is "created"

24 60Teleport UAO 10" x4ncm, 0 end, only object he could carry, must be possible to physically get to location by unobserved route-1/2, teleport without error+1/4, takes 1 turn -1/2

something like that?

I had a build for invisibility on a charcter that I never used. It was Invisibility that only works when people aren't actively looking for the character. This meant the character could walk into a room, plant a bomb, listen to a conversation, etc. But he wouldn't be noticed until someone actively looks around for him, as if they keep overlooking him the whole time.

Demolitions as a skill.

For the bomb: use the above Indirect/Trigger bomb build, add Requires A Demolitions Skill Roll, Extra Time.

If you want, add a variant of "Must Pass Through Intervening Space" (cf. Teleportation), where he must be able to pass through the intervening space between him and where he's planting the bomb.

"Ah.. The Mad Bomber Whos Bombs At Midnight... I remember him well...

He carried those wacky bombs disguised as Air Fresheners. They stuck to everything."

33 Pocket Bomblet RKA 2d; Explosion (+1/2), Trigger (Variable; +1/2), Time delay (+1/4), Charges (32, +1/4), Focus (IAF; -1/2), No Range (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4)

Thanks for the ideas. I like the teleport idea. (why did I overlooked that?, *smacks head for lack of imagination :slap: *). I am still thinking about the bomb making/activation thing. More than likely, as I think about it, he will probably be making the bomb "off-camera" so to speak. And will probably be carrying several bombs in a backpack where he will be going around planting them during battle.