Some ideas for a "DEMON" splinter group needed

Badger

Yes, well here is another question (I throwing around a lot lately.) Anyway, I got an idea to create a Demon "splinter" organization that went their own way for (havent thought of yet) reason. Anyway so far I've thought of 3 leaders for the orgnization (historical figures Marie Le Voux, Voodoo Queen of NO, and Aliester Crowley, and another of my own creation who ties in with backgound history of a PC) but I was needed a few more. (real, fictional, or homebrew). I kind of need a name for othe group. And maybe the reason for the splitting off. I think I have a pretty good idea for creating Le Voux and Crowley (Variable Magic Pools, probably resist aging to explain them still running around.

Any ideas. Any past threads that could be of help (i tried a search but I didnt know exactly what I should type in to search for)

Re: Some ideas for a "DEMON" splinter group needed

Wovoka, the Medicine Man who started the Ghost Dance movement. When wearing his elaborately embrodered shirt he can become desolid, walking through walls or letting White Men's bullets pass through him harmlessly.

In the 4E supplement Enemies for Hire, a former high-ranking DEMON member called Rune left the organization after having a vision of the leadership of DEMON being destroyed in an near-future occult catastrophe. Having no desire to be one of the casualties, Rune split. You could have one of your rebel DEMON members experience such a vision, and convince some of his followers and colleagues to leave with him.

Of course, with the publication of the new DEMON sourcebook, we can see that that vision isn't unlikely. Which would make for another reason for the splinter group: someone discovers what the Edomite's true purpose is! In that case you'd expect the new faction to be a bitter opponent to DEMON, out of sheer self-preservation.

I once posted a plot seed to these boards postulating a civil war within the ranks of DEMON when some of the Morbanes switch allegiance to a new god they believe is coming to conquer this world. Something named Tyrannon... ;)

As far as membership/leadership goes, IIRC The Ultimate Mystic lists a number of real-world historical occultists who could be retconned into an associates of DEMON. Also, do you have access to the 4E books featuring DEMON? This might be a good opportunity for you to trot out the likes of Damon Harrington, Rashindra Etienne, Mordeki the Unspeakable, the Rose and the infamous Baba Yaga, from Classic Organizations, and/or Lord Thorne from Demons Rule. In fact the 4E DEMON's blending of occultism with modern technology would be a good philosophical point on which to part company, and a way to distinguish the two groups in your campaign.

Sadly, I dont have any 4E stuff, as I am only a recent "convert" (last couple of years). I played a (very) little bit of 4E with a friend, but I havent seen him in several years. I did find the "Demon's Lair on the HERO links, if there is nothing wrong with doing so, I may use some of those from that group. I am also thinking of using some of Susano's write-ups for Demons from the game Doom (again if nothing wrong with that). For a few summoned Demons to throw out at the group. I am also thinking about basing a character off of Salma Hayek's character from Dusk Till Dawn. Always good to throw a vampire or 2 into DEMON. Name I plan on using for that character Hellbitch :rockon: (always wanted to use that name for a villain)

the summoning circle group

they know a few rituals, and do the classic pentagram summonings.

they bring in a demon, pay it off, task it to do some crime,

and it returns later, mission accomplished, and gets freed. :sneaky:

they are disgusting, hard to trace, but easy to fight once the

heroes get their base located.

Here's one possibility: If, in your campaign, Luther Black finds the fifth Inner Circle member ( Chantal or someone else ), Dyer Vander Bleek is now redundant, and a liability. However, his secret demonic masters for some reason want him still around, so they grant him enough aid to survive the inevitable purge. . . and drag at least a portion of the Rite of Finding with him.

I am probably going with the preventing the release of the Edomites angle. It makes pretty good sense for where I am going with it. It even opens the possibility that the good guys will be forced to work with them temporarily for the greater good somewhere down the line. I love doing that. :snicker:

The name for them is still elusive, but right now it is tentively Kabal (as KABAL).