The Council of Evil

fbdaury

Just a current working title. What I was curious about is a group of 5-8 powerful villains that would, withint their own resources, be able to take over either a good chunk of, or the whole of, the continent of South America. I had been going with this group so far:

Dr. Radiation- GURPS Supers world

The Atomic Brain- M&M world

The Usurper- Heroes Unlimited World

Who would you add, and why? They need to have enough power and/or resources to run with the big dogs, but not so powerful that they should be able to do it on their own (Dr. Destroyer). All suggestions are appreciated and please mention the gameworld if you could.

Re: The Council of Evil

Besides Champions characters, my first thought would be Count Raoul Orziaz from Aberrant. Here's an excellent HERO writeup for him by Michael Surbrook:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptionsrpg/ABcountraoul.html

Another possibility would be Baron Roberto from Digital Hero #15 - here's his writeup from the Free Sample selection:

http://www.herogames.com/digitalHero/Samples/dh15baronroberto.htm

I think you should have two groups. The first group is pretty much what you have now. They are the strong men who run the juntas and the day-to-day affairs of the countries.

The second group are industry minded criminals. They provide many of the resources that prop up the junta. If Duchess Industries and The Worldwide League of Crime are still around, add them here. These guys are exploiting resources / people in the countries, and allowing the juntas a "cut," providing resources for the juntas and themselves.

Now add a few terrorists, such as the IRA and al Qeda, who have access to blood diamonds from Africa, and some good old fashioned violent drug cartels, and you have a grovy mix of underworld ecomics feeding the evil running the country.

I think you should have two groups. The first group is pretty much what you have now. They are the strong men who run the juntas and the day-to-day affairs of the countries.

The second group are industry minded criminals. They provide many of the resources that prop up the junta. If Duchess Industries and The Worldwide League of Crime are still around, add them here. These guys are exploiting resources / people in the countries, and allowing the juntas a "cut," providing resources for the juntas and themselves.

Now add a few terrorists, such as the IRA and al Qeda, who have access to blood diamonds from Africa, and some good old fashioned violent drug cartels, and you have a grovy mix of underworld ecomics feeding the evil running the country.

I'd have to agree with this. Too many powerful characters and you could run into some major ego clashes.

Having a terrorist group working for them makes sense. Their way to maintain control is through fear and intimidation.. and the occassional vaporization.

Personally I like Brother Blud from the DC Universe. Mass- mind control can be very helpful. take over a town and presto... instant work force.

I've gone with Dr. Radiation and Usurper because each of them already controls a South American country, either dirctly (Usurper) or through a puppet government (Radiation). Aomic Brain is a powerhouse and genius who should be capable of such a feat, given the right reason to do so, plus I thought it would be neat to have two radiation powered metas together and with their combined nuclear physics knowledge, nuclear weapons are a surety for their country. It is that direct threat of nuclear weapons and an obvious lack of concern for human life that makes this group immune from large-scale 'Humanitarian Regime Change' by the larger powers. I was thinking of someone along the lines of the Controller from Marvel, he has a device that will control large numbers of people and even use their drained willpower to enhance his own strength. That would allow him to keep the disidents under control. As for the regular citizen, the group has decided to become a benevolent dictatorship, like Doom in Latveria, they are taken care of, given good jobs and first rate educations, clean and safe streets and all they have to do in return is to serve their Lords. I had already thought of using the two-tier approach, utilizing either Viper, Raven, or Fabicator's Inc. for the back-up power that helped them with initial set-up, in return for diplomatic immunity and mineral rights within the country.