Hero 5th Edition Template for Metacreator

The Template can be downloaded from the Free Stuff within the Other Software section.

http://www.herogames.com/FreeStuff/Other%20Software/index.htm

Any questions/bugs/comments just email me directly.

Several things for clarification.

1) There are no conversion scripts for the Template. However, if you run a normal update it will convert "most things". Those things that don't convert can be readded. I know this doesn't help some of you, but the invitation is still open for anyone who has the courage to tackle the task. (8^D)

2) The Template uses a Beta version of Metacreator (Version 2.4.0 or Greater). Bruce was kind enough to make some special changes for me so I could get certain features to work in the Template.

3) Since this Template is "Compliant" with Hero 5th Edition and is not considered the "Official" software for Herogames, I have the freedom to include many "Bells And Whistles", and to leave much of the character creation very flexible. To that end, I've included an Optional Rules window and Customization window. These are usually changed/setup by the GM of the game in order to tailor the creation process closer to his House Rules. Enjoy.

4) The Help file is the same one from the Hero 4th Edition Template. I don't have the tools to create/change MS Help Files. However, I do have some other tools for creating PDFs, so I'll see what I can do to add a Help Document that is specific to the new Template.

5) Want new features or additional plugins, feel free to volunteer files or work, but unless I see a lot a people asking for something, I won't spend another 9 months working on something that only a couple of people want.

I'll add to this list as necessary.

- Christopher Mullins

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Version 1.0.1 Available

Originally posted by schir1964

Hero 5th Edition Template (1.0.1) Available.

Ultimate Martial Artist Plugin Available.

Were there changes made outside of the Datasheet, or just within the Datasheet with this update? I'm trying to decide if I need to reload the entire update, or if I can just get by with putting the new Datasheet file into my regular directory. :)

Re: Re: Version 1.0.1 Available

Originally posted by Monolith

Were there changes made outside of the Datasheet, or just within the Datasheet with this update? I'm trying to decide if I need to reload the entire update, or if I can just get by with putting the new Datasheet file into my regular directory. :)

You'll need to update both .cds and .cst files. I added some functions to the .cst file. You can always check the .ver file to find out what changes were made.

- Christopher Mullins

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.0.2

Version 01.00.02

===============================================

- Added Function: GetDFB(). Evaluates value of Feedback limitation for Duplication.

- Added Option: Feedback (Mental Attacks) -1/2.

- Added Option: Feedback (Beneficial Effects) +1.

- Added Customization Feature: Figured Stats. Figured Stats can now be changed in Package Deals.

- Added Sample Package Deals. Made changes to match 5th Edition.

===============================================