Stat Increase = Skill Increase?

Re: Stat Increase = Skill Increase?

There is also the option of buyt the skill at the 2 point level (11-) and then add skill levels. I look at it this way, The Character Creation points define what your character has done and developed to "This point in time." Meaning, that he/she has gained experience up to this point, as well as inherent natural ability. Case in point at character creation my current character is 2500 years old, in 2 and a half millennia, if a character takes the time to improve his Dex, it should enhance all of his Dex skills, At the same token, another character in the game is 16 yrs. She has a more inherent dex, though not as good as mine, but it serves the purpose. The points in the system demonstrate what your character is "at this point in time" which will changes as the character gains experience. Just my two cents.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it isn't that you neccisarily gain more knowledge, but you have increased your int so you can cross-reference unconciously what you do know, allowing more cross connections in logic and memory to develop. So you are not neccisarily gaining more raw knowledge but more applicable knowledge from that raw knowledge you have in your brain.

That is how I have usually seen it, myself.

Well put.

If the logic of gaining intelligence suddenly affecting skills bothers you, how do you wrap your mind around the gaining of intelligence in the first place?

but HERO is all about customization and house ruling.

Darth Vegita. Look at bleeding rules.

Tell me they arn't retarded.

Then come back here

hell yes, thank you Bram and Chris for bringing back sanity to our games! I like the new bleeding rules...will try to incorporate them into the fall session.

If the logic of gaining intelligence suddenly affecting skills bothers you' date=' how do you wrap your mind around the gaining of intelligence in the first place?[/quote']

seriously, I'd really like to know the answer to that question myself.

Ok, I've read a few pages, I'm not going to read any more. So what i'm about to say may have been said already.

1.) I believe by "Base Roll," when referring to "Base Roll = 9+(CHAR/5)", they are referring to the Skill roll before any circumstance/environment modifiers.

2.) The justification for knowing more about "Ancient Egypt Lore," when you get smarter (and shouldn't you really be looking for justification about why you suddenly got smarter), is that you are more able to make more connections between the facts you know. That's how I see it.

(EDIT: I see that the smart-justification thing has already been noted. Jeje.)