WWYCD: Bride Of The Shadow Lord

Marcus Impudite

The senerio: The obligatory group of insane cultists attempting the equally obligatory virgin sacrifice to call forth the Elder Gods Of Doomâ„¢.

When you and your teammates show up to thwart them, you get pinned down fighting the more powerful members of the cult and things start looking grim. Then suddenly, as the cult leader is about to kill the victim, a young woman by the name of Amanda, he gets zapped by what looks like dark purple lightening.

A figure in a black hooded cloak emerges from the shadows outside the torch-lite ritual site, you recognize him as Terror'Khan the infamous Lord Of the Shadow Wraiths, a dark being who seeks to make our world an annex of his. Khan approaches the altar and says something to Amanda, she nods, and then he strikes off her chains with the same "dark lightening", picks her up, and teleports away with her. Needless to say, the cultists are so demoralized by seeing their leader get punked and their would-be sacrifice stolen that you and the others make quick work of them.

About a week later, you encounter Amanda on the street and ask her what happened. She then tells you she agreed to be the Shadow Lord's bride in exchange for being rescued. Khan has allowed her to stay in our realm long enough to say her goodbyes to her family and friends before he comes to collect her and return to the Dreaded Shadow Realmâ„¢. Around her neck is a Shadow Gem pendant, which in this case functions as a "mystic panic button" (it can summon anything from one of Khan's Shadow Wraiths to Khan himself if she gets into trouble). Khan is not known to have Mind Control powers. If he has any, you haven't seen him use them at any past encounter.

WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Bride Of The Shadow Lord

Millennium would ask if she was doing this of her own free will, and would she mind if he confirmed that with a light touch of telepathy?

Iron Will considers Terror'Khan literally the lesser evil compared to the Elder Gods Of Doomâ„¢.

Cheetah "Let me get this straight. He wants to marry you? He can pick up strange from dozens of different universes every week, and he wants to marry you? You, no offense. Committed togetherness from this day forward into eternity with you? You, no offense, but, you?"

Snow Leopard will support whatever Amanda chooses to do.

Dolphin "Kewl!"

Most of my characters would start doing research on what, if anything, is supposed to happen if Terror'Khan acquires a virgin bride and decide what to do from there. Yes, it was a good thing in the short term that his interferance prevented the summoning of The Elder Gods Of Doomâ„¢, but I think it would be best to make sure something worse isn't going to come of this.

Team F-up:

Lilith would compare pan-dimentional wedding plans with Amanda, then the two would go dress shopping. (Her player Tarah would sing Sweet's song from "Once More With Feeling" under her breath.)

Benedict would research for loopholes in the agreement and attemp to enlist stronger mages to break the bargin. ("How can I not know this? I have KS:Evil Plots at 14 or less!)

Palmer would throw a bachelorette party which would probably involve felonies. ("I just need to stop in this alley for party supplies...")

Agent Lao would shoot something. Twice.

Cobalt would seduce the bride then wait for the Terror'Khan to show up, starting some sort of Shadow Wraith war. ("Well, hey there, Your Spookiness! I was begining to think you'd never show. Grab a condom and hop in, partner!")

Blackberry is deeply suspicious of "dark magicians" of any kind.

She'd start investigating, or even prying, almost immediately. She genuinely likes people, and she'd hate to see something bad happen to Amanda, the general populace, or for that matter, Terror'Khan, as a result of this situation.

:)

Stalker would be asking probing questions about whether it was REALLY free will, does she really wish to do this, is there any emotional bond...

He never asked for his own shadow abilities, and distrusts anything related...

But then given who his girlfriend is, he can't complain if she is serious.

ANY sign of coersion, however...

Enraged, when innocents threatened/endangered can be a BAD disadvantage.

OTOH, when last seen he was seeing a Psychiatrist. She had managed to help Rhino (married hiim too) so she is pretty good.

John Hawkshaw III would ask the experts to determine whether she was willing, and then if not, try to figure out what an 8' tall Military trained (also grandson and trained by one of the Premier HtH/Melee combatants on earth) heir to an Industrial fortune could do about it.

Shooting Terrorkahn with a Barrett Light .50 might not do the trick. :(

I need to ressurect that character. High end Dark Champions character, basically, his grandfather came "over" from a "Fantasy world." 8' tall, 30 str, ring of regen, light mithril chainmail... :):)

• 3 weeks later...