Thorn

Thunderbolt 2

Warbird

Warcry

Warhead

Warmonger

Warpath

Zigzag

What all these characters from Conquerers, Killers, and Crooks have in common is they are 350 pts. Now, I can be as lazy as the next person (lazier even :) ) but has anyone taken one of these guys (or gals) and used them to write up a hero of their own yet? or at least as a guideline for such?

One of the first things I did after getting my copy of CKC (after reading it, of course) was to make that exact same list.:D

I mostly did it to get an idea of what the average combat stats of 350 point characters in CKC was.

I haven't gone and made any characters based on their stats just yet. I *did* go and check out how Thunderbolt I stands up against Thunderbolt II. If the original has any sense of tactics whatsoever, then the newcomer is toast. Seeing as how #1 is teamed up with Binder and the Ultimates now, I suspect #2 would be in trouble. #2 actually isn't that badly off except for that nasty Vulnerability: x 2 STUN from Electical attacks.

Unless #2 decides to start throwing things at #1, he has no ranged attacks. #1 pretty much just has to wait for #2 to get within range, use his Lightning Blast I, burn a few dice to Spread his attack, and watch #2 go down hard. Not a pretty sight.

One of the new players in my campaign is using Tachyon as the basis for his character. Same exact suite of Powers, his origin and Disads changed. Lt. Kilroy was a junior engineering officer assigned to the famous "Philadelphia Experiment" during World War II. He was standing right next to the device when it malfunctioned and the distortion field hurled him from 1943 to 2002.

Originally posted by Trebuchet

One of the new players in my campaign is using Tachyon as the basis for his character. Same exact suite of Powers, his origin and Disads changed.

One of my players wanted a teleporter, and I relied on Tachyon as a guideline in his multipower suite as well :)

I'm seriously thinking of adapting Zig Zag for my own personal use IF I ever get to be a TT player again. I do like Stretchy types. :)

I hadn't done this before you suggested it.

Since then, however...

I looked at Pulsar in the Champions genre book, and discovered that he looked a whole lot like a character conception that was kicking around in my head. With a bit of tweaking...

Of course, he's not exactly the world's most powerful character, but that's not the point: my munchkin days are long over.

Alan

One of my players regularly decides to switch characters, but never gets the new one written up in time for the next story arc. He goes through concepts like they were socks, but very few get played. When he wanted a formerly-brainwashed cat-man supersoldier for the post-nuclear far north, I quickly rewrote Fenris and actually got his new character into play in record time.

Been there...

Originally posted by Tom McCarthy

One of my players regularly decides to switch characters, but never gets the new one written up in time for the next story arc. He goes through concepts like they were socks, but very few get played. When he wanted a formerly-brainwashed cat-man supersoldier for the post-nuclear far north, I quickly rewrote Fenris and actually got his new character into play in record time.

I have had a similar problem with one of my players. The guy has a REALLY busy schedule, and tends to be forgetful as well. So when something new starts up, everyone else is ready fast, while he puts off character creation, until it's a half hour till game time. Made me want to throttle him. Fortunately, he's gotten better... but I must say being able to borrow or emulate existing characters has been another life saver with his character (And my own, I admit it).