needing help with a new Campaign

TheRavenIs

I am starting a new campaign soon it will be a regular Champion style game. The thing is that I am going to have the legendary hero’s having existing. These heroes will be from many eras, from Hercules to Carl Kolshak, the Night Stalker. What I need is help in creating a list of these heroes; I am hoping that you all would be so kind to help me make up this list.

If possible I’m hoping that if you do help me that you list them via this manner. I am going to make a master list that I’ll update as needed. The reason I am doing this is that with these heroes having being real will give me many game idea’s and game hooks for my PC’s.

Ancient: Hercules, Xena, Samson

Medieval: The Viking Prince, El Cid

Re: needing help with a new Campaign

Post-Renaissance:

The Scarlet Pimpernel

Savien Cyrano de Bergerac

Scaramouche

Dark Ages:

Sigurd the Dragon-Slayer

Beowulf

Classical Age:

Perseus

Theseus

Bellerophon

Atalanta

Jason

Ulysses

Achilles

Ajax

More modern:

Zorro

Alan Quartermain

The Rocketeer

The Saint

Indiana Jones :D

David Innes

Tarzan

The Shadow

Ghost Archer has a good list, but I'd add a few. Off the top of my head:

Robin Hood(how did he stay off the list this long)

Green Hornet

Capt. Nemo

Sherlock Holmes

James Bond

Finn mac Cumhail

Siegfried

Brunhild

Achilles

Hector

Historical:

Charlemagne

Roland

Frederick IV of Germany

Phillip IV of France

Henry V of England

Richard III of England

The Ancient World: Samson, Xena, Perseus,Theseus, Bellerophon,

Hercules,Atalanta, Jason,Ulysses,Achilles,Ajax, Gilgamesh,

Orion, Hector

Dark Ages: Sigurd the Dragon Slayer, Siegfried, Brunhild, Beowulf, Charlemagne, Roland

Medievil: El Cid, The Viking Prince, Robin Hood,

Renaissance: Leonardo DaVinci, The Four Musketeers,

Post Renaissance: Scralet Pimpernal, Savien Cyrano De Bergerac, Scaramounche,

Early America: Hiawatha, Nattie Bumpo---Hawkeye,

Wild West: James West, Artimus Gordan, The Two Gun Kid, Shane, The Rifleman, Paul Bunyon, Zorro, The Lone Ranger, Tonto, Rooster Cogburn, Brett Maverick, Bart Maverick,

Pre-Modern: Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Captain Nemo, Alan Quaterman, Professor Challenger, Sherlock Holmes. Dr. John Watson, Lord John Roxton, Wolf Larson, Professor James Moriarty, Dr Jeckell and Mr. Hyde, Phileas Fogg,

20's and 30's: Doc Savage and the Five, The Rocketeer, The Shadow, The Question,

WWII: Sargent Rock and Easy Company, Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos, Gravedigger Jones, The Unknown Soilder

Modern: Green Hornet, James Bond, Inspector Harry "Dirty Harry" Calahan, Shaft, Kojak, Man form UNCLE, Carl "The Night Stalker" Kolshak,

ok this is what I have for now

Well, since you mentioned Kolchak... TV and movie heroes seem like a legit area for mining. :)

How about:

Inspector Harry "Dirty Harry" Calahan

Shaft

Rooster Cogburn

James Maverick

Robocop

The Greatest American Hero

I have no idea if those fit with your idea, but on a Friday afternoon that's all my brain can come up with... :D

Take care,

Derek

Hercules, Atalanta, Jason,Ulysses, Achilles, Ajax, Gilgamesh,

Orion, Hector

Dark Ages: Sigurd the Dragon Slayer, Siegfried, Brunhild, Beowulf, Charlemagne, Roland

Renaissance: Leonardo DaVinci, The Four Musketeers, Richelieu, Duke of Buckingham, Count of Montre Christo

Post Renaissance: Scralet Pimpernal, Savien Cyrano De Bergerac, Scaramounche, Richelieu, Duke of Buckingham, Count of Monte Cresto

Early America: Hiawatha, Nattie Bumpo---Hawkeye, George Washinton, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin

Wild West: James West, Artimus Gordan, Dr. Loveless, The Two Gun Kid, Shane, The Rifleman, Paul Bunyon, Zorro, The Lone Ranger, Tonto, Rooster Cogburn, Brett Maverick, Bart Maverick,

Pre-Modern: Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Captain Nemo, Alan Quaterman, Professor Challenger, Sherlock Holmes. Dr. John Watson, Lord John Roxton, Wolf Larson, Professor James Moriarty, Dr Jeckell and Mr. Hyde, Phileas Fogg, H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jack-the-Ripper

20's and 30's: Doc Savage and the Four, Patrica Savage, The Rocketeer, The Shadow, The Question,

WWII: Sargent Rock and Easy Company, Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos, Gravedigger Jones, The Unknown Soilder

Modern: Green Hornet, James Bond, Inspector Harry "Dirty Harry" Calahan, Shaft, Kojak, Man form UNCLE, Carl "The Night Stalker" Kolshak, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Scobies, Angel and the gang

• 2 weeks later...

Hercules, Atalanta, Jason,Ulysses, Achilles, Ajax, Gilgamesh,

Orion, Hector

Renaissance: Leonardo DaVinci, The Four Musketeers, Richelieu, Duke of Buckingham, Count of Montre Christo

Post Renaissance: Scralet Pimpernal, Savien Cyrano De Bergerac, Scaramounche, Richelieu, Duke of Buckingham, Count of Monte Cresto

Early America: Hiawatha, Nattie Bumpo---Hawkeye, George Washinton, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin

Wild West: James West, Artimus Gordan, Dr. Loveless, The Two Gun Kid, Shane, The Rifleman, Paul Bunyon, Zorro, The Lone Ranger, Tonto, Rooster Cogburn, Brett Maverick, Bart Maverick,

Pre-Modern: Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Captain Nemo, Alan Quaterman, Professor Challenger, Sherlock Holmes. Dr. John Watson, Lord John Roxton, Wolf Larson, Professor James Moriarty, Dr Jeckell and Mr. Hyde, Phileas Fogg, H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jack-the-Ripper

20's and 30's: Doc Savage and the Four, Patrica Savage, The Rocketeer, The Shadow, The Question,

Modern: Green Hornet, James Bond, Inspector Harry "Dirty Harry" Calahan, Shaft, Kojak, Man form UNCLE, Carl "The Night Stalker" Kolshak, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Scobies, Angel and the gang

Here are some ideas for you...

• Wild West: Buffalo Bill Cote, Annie Oakley, Wyatt Earp, Morgan Earp, Virgil Earp, Doc Holliday, General Armstrong Custer, Geronimo, Cochese, Sitting Bull
  • Pioneers: Daniel Boone, Jim Bowie, Sam Houston, David Crockett
  • Early America: Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson
  • Famous Authors: Edgar Allen Poe, Agatha Christie, Bram Stoker, Mary Shelley, Jules Verne, Samuel Clemens (a.k.a. Mark Twain), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Rice Burroughs, William Shakespeare
  • Fictional Characters: Alan Quartermaine, Indiana Jones, John Carter, Sherlock Holmes, Doctor Watson, Herquille Perot, Mrs. Marple, Conan, Merlin
  • Other Noteworthy People: Thomas Edison, Robert Goddard, George S. Patton, Elliot Ness

I hope that these helped in your endeavor.