Evil, Evil Campaign Concept...

zakueins

Since I can't get my wish of having Warren Ellis whapped in the back of the head with a guitar, I decided to play with this concept for fun.

Imagine there is a Wide Conspiracy. That THEY are always making things happen.

Now, imagine THEY are doing it...for the right reasons.

Yes, THEY killed Kennedy in Dallas, but if they didn't, the eventual coup'de'etat by Hoover to get rid of the Mob/Russian-controlled Kennedys would have torn the nation apart.

Yes, THEY suppressed the carburator that ran on water. Because the contamination it generated made MTBE look like Evian.

Yes, THEY hid the Roswell landings and dealt with anyone that got close to the truth...because if they hadn't, we wouldn't be getting new technology from the Greys. To fight the oncoming menacing monsters that are going to exterminate us if they think we're being helped from the outside.

Yes, THEY are dumping anti-psionic drugs in the food supply. If too many psions awaken without training, the results would be...messy.

Players would be working for THEM...and realize soon enough that things are happening for the right reasons. :)

Re: Evil, Evil Campaign Concept...

Sounds more like GURPS Illuminati.

Also a good book.

Iluminati and Black Ops work perfectly together.

My favorite GURPS campaign mixed GURPS Psionics, Black Ops, Cabal, Illuminati, and Voodoo. Fantastic combo. :)

• 4 weeks later...

That was to some degree the idea of my last campaign in South Carolina. THe secret conspiracy underlying the Trilateral Commission was actually well-intentioned, even if quite rough and often self-serving (hence some built-in problems in the organization). In fact, one of the PCs actually joined the conspiracy, unknown to the other PCs, just after they had uncovered a good chunk of its roots and had been fighting it for quite some time...he hoped to reform from within, trusting in its greater goals, though he also saw the potential for personal power and the stepping stone to his much-beloved post of Sorcerer Supreme (his dad's position).

"Congratulations hero you now work for us"

"But who are you?"

"We are THEY"

"Huh?"

"When people talk about how They killed JFK, or cover up Roswell or any of the other conspiracy theories that people come up with it is us they are talking about."

"But what are you called"

"Our organisation is so secret that we can't afford to have a name that might turn up in any official documents, all you need to know is what we do and why we do it. that we do what needs to be done, for the right reasons."