Make it Unseen Question

Hermit

Forgoing the usual Invisiblility, usable as attack route...

How would you write up Transform with the special effect of being able to turn other people or things invisible? I think it would be a minor effect myself, because it doesn't really alter the subject much save in one key way, but that's me.

Re: Make it Unseen Question

With transform your changing the refraction index twards 1 (1 being the refraction index of air) making the object prefectly clear, and posibly blind.

This is nothing more then changing the color of the object, wich is minor by the rules in the book.

With transform your changing the refraction index twards 1 (1 being the refraction index of air) making the object prefectly clear, and posibly blind.

This is nothing more then changing the color of the object, wich is minor by the rules in the book.

Ack. This children is an example of where too much thinking gets you.

The power now being duplicated is invisibility. The transform rules include details on what is required to grant new powers to targets.

Ack. This children is an example of where too much thinking gets you.

The power now being duplicated is invisibility. The transform rules include details on what is required to grant new powers to targets.

Afraid that's what I was thinking, too, Hermit. Just use the rules under Transform to add Invisibility, 0 END Persistent (and possibly Always On and Inherent) to the person/object in question.

To Dr.A's post I'd add:

What exactly is the game effect?

If the target ends up both blind and invisible, it's a major transform that gives the target a power and a disad.

Just Invisible? Major transform that grants a power.

Transparent, with a -X to spot the character and a -X to the character's Per rolls? I might let that pass as a Minor transform.

Transparent but visible, like a living Ice Sculpture? Cosmetic.

Just to add that being invisible can also effect the target in several different ways so you might consider giving the characters some disadvantages to go along with the invisible power. Things like phy lim: clumsy [can't see hands or where you are walking] and psy lim: disdain/fear of condition can go a long way toward giving you the types of effects you'd expect to see from someone who was just turned invisible.

Well, I'm going with the light bending forcefield route ala Invisible Woman ...

so, for the same reason it doesn't make her blind, I figure it wouldn't make the target blind either.

OK, Major Transformation to give Invisibility. :)

Ah I see where you are going with this.

One of Byrne's tricks was to have her make say a gun go invisible in the hand of another character so he would drop it. Or allow her to make a wall invisible so everyone could see inside.

Transform wouldn't work since the power is constant and Sue should be able to turn anything invisible without a major contested roll vs. Body.

I would go with Mind Control (one command Drop your xxx) for the turn invisible and trick you into thinking the object was teleported away or something. Irrespective of the effect role the SFX says that the object is now invisible you just didn't drop it.

As to making other objects Invisible well Invisible Usable against others ranged is what you want. It makes things invisible. Its kinda the whole point.

:coach:

Hawksmoor

• 3 weeks later...