Anybody want an android?

BobGreenwade

Re: Anybody want an android?

It looks like an android!

It thinks like an android!

Just a couple of recent technology news items that I thought people in this forum might enjoy seeing. :D

The first story already has a thread, but it was a while ago it was posted to . . . But the second story is just gold! Androids and robots and 'borgs, oh my! They all rock! :rockon:

The first story already has a thread' date=' but it was a while ago it was posted to . . . But the second story is just gold! Androids and robots and 'borgs, oh my! They all rock! :rockon:[/quote']

hat second story is a Doctor Who episode just waiting to happen. Where's UNIT when you need them?

I just want my Sexaroid and I'll be happy

That says a lot more about you than about the technology. Whether Sexaroids would actually work or be desirable would depend entirely on what the user is trying to get out of the sex act. Remember, people have sex for innumerable reasons many of which have nothing to do with physical gratification, and a lot of those reasons would not be satisfied at all by a Sexaroid.

Now it becomes a different story if the lines between person and machine become completely blurred or even obliterated, as many writers and artists have postulated. A full-conversion cyborg, for example, is unquestionaly a person and would be capable of a person's full emotional range regardless of its physical appearance. Indeed, authors like Masamune Shirow (in the Ghost in the Shell series) postulate worlds in which almost everyone is cybernetic to one degree or another, obliterating the lines of gender and orientation and calling into question the very concept of personal identity.

You're reading a little too far into it Michael.

A sexaroid is simply a masterbation tool. You couldn't have a relationship with one. That would be silly. But you see, I'm kinda lazy, and if I could get a hot robot chick to hop on me instead of masterbating myself, I'm all about that.

As for both a physical and emotional relationship, I prefer real women. The sexaroid is for those times when your between women (cause there's no way any girlfriend is going to be okay with one of those things while your dating her)