Alternate Mass Combat System (Rough)

Killer Shrike

Re: Alternate Mass Combat System (Rough)

I'm looking forward to reading an After Action Report whenever you're able to run it in a live game. :thumbup:

Not likely to happen anytime soon -- I disbanded my group recently and don't have any immediate plans to resume running a campaign. Too much stuff going on in RL right now.

Interesting. Certainly very detailed. It looks similar to the version I use in a lot of ways, but I do things like calculate a Body total for a group (with some details for calculating attrition and average damage per troop), deal with Area of Effect and Explosion attacks specially, and treat all group attacks as Autofire with Multiple Attacker Bonuses. I will really have to get to sitting down and writing it up sometime. The rules are all there and pretty stable; they are just contained in my head rather than in a more convenient medium. :)

• 2 years later...

from first read through:). I like it.... are you going to add anything to it? or is it pretty much done? I have a few ideas for things that I have tinkered with over the years.. some based on Warhammer Fantasy' date=' some based on assorted other sources.[/quote']

Well...I've always intended to go thru and correct some typos (but its been years and it hasn't happened yet), other than that I'm done with it.

I actually wrote it back when Fantasy HERO was being written prior to its play test release. Steve had sent a few of us a copy of it for input, and the Mass Combat Rules didn't hit the spot for me so I wrote this up as an alternative. I think a couple of ideas may have made it into the actual final product (hard to recall at this stage) but by and large it had no impact and I shelved it.

Feel free to make suggestions however.

• 1 year later...

I'm in the not as satisfied with the Fantasy Hero mass combat system. I am hoping that there is some Ultimate like (I know the ultimate base is the last one, but I'm talking in the vain of the ultimate series) version of a mass combat system for Hero. One that we can use with anything from Fantasy, through WWII (I'd get some Flames of War minis and use the Hero mass combat as an engine if it's good, comprehensive, and quick enough), to modern combat (I do a lot of military campaigning, a Vietnam or Afghanistan Hero game would rock with mass combat rules), to space ships, buy some full thrust minis, write up some Hero Mass combat stuff... and bam.

But Good stuff Killer Shrike, none the less.