How Do the Friction Manipulation Entangles Work?

Tempuswolf

In CKC (Slick of the Ultimates) and the USPD, there are Friction Manipulation Entangles with the modifiers:

1. Takes No Damage From All Attacks
  2. Can't Form Barriers
  3. Vulnerable To Any Attack That Creates A Physical Effect Which Gives the Victim Something To Grab Hold Of.

I understand the game mechanics, but I don't understand what is being simulated. What's the rubber science explanation for this effect? What's an example of the entangle's vulnerability being exploited?

Re: How Do the Friction Manipulation Entangles Work?

An example of a condition that would allow them out of the entangle is for someone outside the radius of the effect to extend a stick, rope or even just a hand to the victim, who grabs on and pulls himself to 'frictive' ground. The stick or whatever, after all, wasn't part of the effect and thus still provides normal friction.

As for the pseudo-science... Um... "Woogie-woogie, you're all slippery! I can do that, because I'm Slick!"

The Pseudo-science is reducing the coefficient of friction to near 0.

one way to exploit the vulnerability of this entangle would be to have flight. If your character can fly, it shouldn't have any effect on them.

one way to exploit the vulnerability of this entangle would be to have flight. If your character can fly' date=' it shouldn't have any effect on them.[/quote']

Or if you're a speedster at full trot, you're momentum may carry you straight though the affected area (with appropirate heavily-moddified DEX rolls to keep from wiping out on the other side)

Or if you're a speedster at full trot' date=' you're momentum may carry you straight though the affected area (with appropirate heavily-moddified DEX rolls to keep from wiping out on the other side)[/quote']

With a truly evil GM it will also result in doing a move through on the next wall you encounter.

:nonp:

I see the oil slick, but I think if I can push my speed, I can clear it. I've got NCN speed of two hundred per. What can I do to get a burst of say 100 for this phase.

Hmmm... Okay, I'll allow it this once, as an inspirational move, and since you're not under fire. Roll a Power Stunt and Roll and roll for an EGO push.

Yes! I've got it nailed! I slide across the oil slick to the far side.

Roll Dex to avois stumbling when you get back on firm footing. -5 penalty for your concentration on your stunt, and the novelty of using your power thusly.

Uh-oh. Missed by two.

No problem. I'll just roll your stop-through damage against that wall. Wait. Give me some of those dice, would ya? I'm short. No, more than that. A few more, please....

Man, you guys are evil!

Or if you're a speedster at full trot' date=' you're momentum may carry you straight though the affected area (with appropirate heavily-moddified DEX rolls to keep from wiping out on the other side)[/quote']

Or if you have density increase to such a level where you do damage to the environment (if you weight 20k kilos, the rubble you create just by flailing in the street should give you something to grab on).