IK Hero?

zakueins

Re: IK Hero?

Wow, great thread. I just noticed it today. I ran IK using Hero shortly after Warmachine came out. I ran it for about a year. We did the first module of the Witchfire trilogy in that time period. It was definitely a lot of fun.

I like the discussion of conversion. However I would suggest that deriving high dexterity from DEF is probably a mistake. I would suggest that high DEF probably indicates combat skill levels with a magical or focused based special effect.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are interested, I've been using Killer Shrike's D20 to HERO notes to convert IK creatures from the Monsternomicons to HERO.

So far I have Bridge Trolls and a generic Satyxis. I have more worked up, but don't have all the fluff text written or the character sheets finished.

Take a look here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationscreatures/creatures.html#RPG

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have Been Lerking in this forum thread for some time. I have started on a full conversion of Iron kingdoms for some time now. I have completed the races and I have started on the Classes this is taking some time though since I work almost all the time. I am basing my conversion on the IKCG (Iron Kingdoms Character Guide) and lots of help from Killer Shrikes website. So far the races are almost exactly out of the book with a few Flaws that I added from the racial descriptions in the book to help with the cost of template.

There are changes to the core classes in the IKCG Like: no ranger, no bards (they are War Bards), each of the classes have changes to the starting skill lists as well. These are just some of the changes.

Doing a conversion of the Warmachine books are deceiving and leave room for interpretation for the stats. My hope is to convert the classes and races as per the IKCG and Killer shrikes site and then to play test it. I have played D&D for Years but never GMed/Converted to Hero system before. I have only played Hero system once before for one game, so needless to say this conversion is taking me some time.

dragntyr