Complicate the Person Above

OddHat

Re: Complicate the Person Above

Cancer was a rising star in the corporate safety film world. He starred in "Box lifting", "Forklift awareness", "Small tool storage" and my personal favourite, "Stepladder Usage and Maintenance". But one day he just threw down his safety hat, glasses and ear protectors, stripped off his coveralls, gloves and steel toed safety boots and just gave it all up.

Strange.

See, here's another case of teh tribble getting it slightly wrong. After a slight bit of confusion following reading of another NGD thread, the death tribble had over invested in monkeys. He then spent months teaching those monkeys how to wave little white flags and eat cheese cubes on tooth picks.

And there was just no place to put all of the cheese eating surrender monksys, so I let them go. Next thing he'll be coming to me with packs of wolves...

Once again, over simplification. It wasn't just tooth picks, there were twelve kinds of toothpicks made from wood, bamboo and plastic, some minted, some natural and some with built in dental floss! We had wooden and plastic coffee stirrers, plastic sword shapped things and folding umrellas that came from cocktails. We had waxed paper straws, plastic straws and swirly straws. Heck we even had 9 kinds of chopsticks in there for main structural bracing.

All this we used to build that arch. And why? Because the tribble said "I have a dream..."

Okay, here's the rest of the story...

Some years back, death tribble had got into the iceberg moving business. Not sure why, it was the sort of business deal where minutes of meetings were not kept and nobody shook hands because DNA often left traces. So he needed a quick path down to the Pacific and, as I was still handling some of his earth moving business, I said sure, I could do that. Took me a bit of time to nudge the continents over a smidge but it happened. Only, by the time I'd done it, he'd sold out of iceberg herding and was now into raising Tulips. Which he did quite successfully until the Dutch took it over at sword point.

He's still bitter about that, I say live and learn, he says blood vendetta unto the 7th generation.

There's a long and amusing story behind that. Mostly involving death tribble, early experimetns in genetic mutation and the tribbles long standing habit of peering down at his dinner, leaping to his stumpy legs and crying (in his best Colin Brown accent) "It's Alive!".

Dinner with the tribble is always exciting.

Hey, I remember that! Ray & Dave were warning me about trying to make a song suit all markets. The death tribble had convinced them it was possible, but the commercial failures of Golden Gate Sunset, Brooklyn Sunset and Bridge of Sighs Sunset had proven it to be untrue.

(Although both Battersea and Charing Cross Sunset still has devotees in the Underground Bridge cult...)

Death Tribble is single-handedly waging a graffiti campaign in Oulu, where he leaves random verses from the Book of Obadiah scrawled in lime-green ink on the ceilings of the restrooms of financial institutions. His favorite seems to be Obadiah 1:2.

I was looking at a standard deck of playing cards the other day and' date=' just by chance, happened to notice that the King, Queen and Jack in each suite all look like the death tribbles Aunt, Uncle and Cousin. I wonder how that happened?[/quote']

That's funny, Narratio, I thought you were the one commissioned to do those portraits. :confused: