A Problem i have with MC

JmOz

If I want a "driver" style character with a souped up car I can't do it because of the MC Technology (This assumes as written)

So I thought I would here advice (Other than ignore that part of MC) to work around it, Psudo Science at its best

Well, my first thought is that any "super car" is not going to be built by Ford or Chevy, so it would not have the chip installed. Since the chip is not there it cannot effect the character in any way. But even if the car were built by Ford or Chevy it would be possible to buy a car outside of Millennium City (MC is the only city to require those chips) and "smuggle" it into the city. Problem solved either way.

What's a driver? You mean like Batman with his Mobile, or...?

And, also if you just buy a car and fix it up, anyone wiht Tech skills I imagine could duplicate the chip to bypass it. I mean, it mentions in MC that it can be done. It's illegal, but then, so can being a superhero... :)

Originally posted by Rechan

What's a driver? You mean like Batman with his Mobile, or...?

And, also if you just buy a car and fix it up, anyone wiht Tech skills I imagine could duplicate the chip to bypass it. I mean, it mentions in MC that it can be done. It's illegal, but then, so can being a superhero... :)

More like Michael Knight and KITT

The problem is the smart cameras

What you'll need is something to spoof the cameras.

You could just jam the darn things, but that'll probably trigger the alarm. So, instead, what you want is a fake transponder chip.

It looks like a real chip, acts like a real chip, but it doesn't have any affect on the car.

So, camera scans the car, sees a valid chip, and logs the chip number for traffic violation, and sends a slow down signal to the chip.

The chip number feedbacks to nowhere (or the mayor's house, or New Tiger Stadium), so the traffic violation never gets logged, and of cource, the slow down signal gets ignored because the chip doesn't work right.

So, you'll need access to the chips, and the traffic control computer system. Plus stay ahead of all the upgrades.

D

I'll have to re-read it to find the exact passage, but I thought misterdeath's fake chips were mentioned in MC itself. IF they exist it shouldn't be that hard to contact the black market and pick one up. There are just too many groups who will want to not be logged, or controlled for these not to exist. In fact there may very well be legal chip exemptions for emerergency services (fire, police and medical) as well as VIPs and officials. If the hero gets some sort of official sanction he may be able to apply for a chip exemption.

I like the fake chip idea, the onboard computer could even "read" the request, allowing for the car to do the right thing or ignore it at will...

And no I did not see anything on a fake chip in the book, but it might be in there somewhere

Originally posted by JmOz

And no I did not see anything on a fake chip in the book, but it might be in there somewhere

You know I went over the appropriate sections of MC and CU last night and never could find it. It must have been a figment of my imagination. I probably just thought to myself as I read it that there must be a way to override the system, and then assumed that it was in the text somewhere.

Originally posted by Bartman

You know I went over the appropriate sections of MC and CU last night and never could find it. It must have been a figment of my imagination. I probably just thought to myself as I read it that there must be a way to override the system, and then assumed that it was in the text somewhere.

Page 102 -- the notes on ARGENT, first paragraph