Anime for HERO: A new Wiki

Michael Hopcroft

Those of you who have wanted to write up your favorite anime characters for HERO now have a new place to post them.

I have just launched Anime for HERO: a Wiki on RPG.net's Wiki server where you can post all kinds of anime-related things. the rules, such as they are, are right on the front page.

Re: Anime for HERO: A new Wiki

About the only thing I know about Wiki is that I though it was somewhere in Hawaii. From looking at it, it reminds me of Wikepedia (related possibly).

So if you have something to upload what format should it be in? txt, hdc, rtf?

Those of you who have wanted to write up your favorite anime characters for HERO now have a new place to post them.

I have just launched Anime for HERO: a Wiki on RPG.net's Wiki server where you can post all kinds of anime-related things. the rules, such as they are, are right on the front page.

Michael, this look awesome. I honestly don't have the time (right now) to submit stuff, as I am currently trying to improve my website, work on some DH stuff, tinker with Kazei 5 2.0, and possibly start a new K5 campaign. But.... if you want to link to and/or take character sheets from my site and enter them, I give you my permission to do so.

What say you?

Michael' date=' this look awesome. I honestly don't have the time (right now) to submit stuff, as I am currently trying to improve my website, work on some DH stuff, tinker with [i']Kazei 5 2.0[/i], and possibly start a new K5 campaign. But.... if you want to link to and/or take character sheets from my site and enter them, I give you my permission to do so.

What say you?

Sure. All that would be needed would be to convert the files to .txt format so I can insert them into the wiki. There would be full credit given to the creator of the writeup, naturally.

Sure. All that would be needed would be to convert the files to .txt format so I can insert them into the wiki. There would be full credit given to the creator of the writeup' date=' naturally.[/quote']

Well, all the character sheets on my website use the PRE command to display the game stats, so converting to TXT shouldn't affect anything.

Well' date=' all the character sheets on my website use the PRE command to display the game stats, so converting to TXT shouldn't affect anything.[/quote']

I just tried a sample Copy-and-Paste of one of your character sheets into my TXT Notepad. All the formatting came through perfectly. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It'll be another week and a half before I can do any serious checking on the Wiki. So far I've only managed to put up one character (a version of Pretty Sammy). Anyone else willing and able to contribute at this stage?

I'd really like to see a lot of different characters for this.

I never claimed it was a particularly original idea for a page. I just was hoping it would be fun and/or useful.

Thanks for the cleanup, Intrope. Is there a way to format a text file this way so that all I (or someone else) would have to do is paste in the sheet? Of course, it would be really nice if there was a way to have Hero Designer export that way. (I really miss the ability to export directly to the BBS and have the character sheet look good. why does an ugprade have to take away fucntionality, anyway?)

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't - mainly because I've never written anything for the anime genre :)

If you like, I could add some fantasy or scifi stuff?

Do that on my site. :)

If you want to contribute to the fantasy aspect of my Easthaven campaign it would be welcomed. I'm trying to fully ramp up the Easthaven campaign setting. I'm trying to add in a spell a day for the month.

Do that on my site. :)

If you want to contribute to the fantasy aspect of my Easthaven campaign it would be welcomed. I'm trying to fully ramp up the Easthaven campaign setting. I'm trying to add in a spell a day for the month.

No - I want to contribute to my own Western Shores campaign setting that I am currently running - and I need to find time for that as a priority. However - if you are able to use material that isn't designed for Easthaven, I can contribute it.

Although, sadly, this will mainly consist of just the PC's characters.

I would like to see a generic Character Archive wiki, that is multigenre.

I'm fiddling with actions in Wakkawiki in an attempt to create a conversion to charactersheet format. Well - I was a week ago, haven't found time lately to fix. Been working on the ASif! website...

Actually, what I'm working on now is a template so that people can enter a character in text as a standard wiki page, and it converts it to the stylish 3-page character sheet version that Hero Designer does...

Although I'm doing it for DokuWiki not a MediaWiki :(

Hmm - would you mind if I created a new namespace over on the RPG.net wiki for just general non-specific-to-anime Hero stuff?

Scratch that - I'll just put up Western Shores instead as a separate world build project for Fantasy Hero.

Hmm, except it doesn't seem to be a very stable Wiki at the moment.