Help with a multipower (and character concept: how do you build a super fencer?)

tusaboss

I am generating a super-fencer superheroine, so I took the fencing martial art, added a lot of combat levels, damage classes and combat luck and then started to devise a multipowers for the "fencing tricks"...now I don't have the sheet under my eyes but it goes roughly this way:

Multipower ('art of fencing'): OAF(sword)

1u 'Queen of spades' HKA autofire, OAF

2u 'Parryng bullets' Missile deflection, OAF

3u 'My sword can cut metal' Tunneling DEF9, 1", only walls, OAF

I'd like to add something like

4u 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' to fly up and down by rotating the sword, but I am going low on spare points...

So, if I well understood the FAQ, I can add damage classes and bonuses for martial arts to the HKA attacks, and use combat levels as well.

Does this apply even to tunneling? That is, can I improve tunneling by adding damage classes? And what about missile deflection?

Speaking about tunneling, it has a lot of active points, so it's the most powerful power in the multipower even if it is the most useless power...How can overcome this (So far I had to improve the active points of the multipower but I don't like much the solution)

The rule for converting killing damage from weapons to normal damage by hitting with the flat of the blade still apply with this multipower, or I have to buy an HTH attack for the purpose?

Re: Help with a multipower (and character concept: how do you build a super fencer?)

The DCs definitely do not apply to Tunnelling, and it is likely, if you have a reasonable STR and a few DCs that you will have all of your maneuvers at the max HKAx2 level. I would say that you need to purchase HA to get normal damage attacks with the sword, although you likely only need a small amount to get to the campaign DC limit with your most powerful manuever. (I don't know what the limit is for you, but 15 STR + 4d6 Manuever + 4 DC = 11d6 and for a "standard" starting campaign, +1d6 HA puts you at the 12 DC limit)

As far as other powers: How about a Dispel against guns/blasters/etc defined as cutting the barrel off? (possibly instead of the tunnelling), the HKA damage shield (See Shugoshin: CU) is also an option, for a Zorro feel, how about a Cosmetic Transform: Normal person to person with "Z" shaped scar on chest? (May be inappropriate for some games, other letters optional). You can always watch Zorro, Three Musketeers, or any Errol Flynn movies for ideas. Hope that helps.

Re: Help with a multipower (and character concept: how do you build a super fencer?)

You have to remember that what is worth about a thousand dollars brand new is only going to net you maybe $250 on the street. You have to be careful of cops and....Oh fencing with a rapier. :D

I was thinking force wall, stops movement and HTH but transparent to most ranged attacks ("Chain Link Fence creation").

An indirect RKA with 1 recoverable charge as you fling your sword at someone pommel first, bounce it off the wall behind them, and stab them in the back.

Sight group flash as you reflect ambient light off the blade blinding your foe.

Or to get a bit nastier, have a no-range flash as you tap your foe on the eyes, maybe with a linked 1 pip HKA AVLD: sight group flash defense, does body.