Most Powerful Member of the FF?

Trained Chicken

Re: Most Powerful Member of the FF?

I think I must have fallen into the twilight zone here.

To me it's utterly proposterous and unsupported to put Bruce in Reed's league as an intellect, and even worse as a gadgeteer. Reed is the predominant thinker on earth, maybe the greatest intellect in history. Bruce is smart and tricky but he's not in that league (no pun intended). Reed's peers in DC are guys like Himon, Metron or the ultra techy Lex Luthor or robot Brainiac of the past. When it comes to science, reed is in a league all his own.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying Johnny cuz' he's gettin' no luv. When he's not being written 'blonde' he's a beatstick. He has been shown to come up with some mighty creative and precise ways to use his flame. Just about everyone has given him the edge over Ben, invisible, transparent force fields make for really poor Flash protection and temperature is a gizmo killer.

Someone laid down the restriction of only the core 4, otherwise all bets are off. Crystal? Holy smokes! Valeria/Marvel Girl? Sue plus. The Brute? Purple power. Heck, there was even the Commercial 4 team of Hulk, Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Spider-Man.

I'm saying Johnny cuz' he's gettin' no luv. When he's not being written 'blonde' he's a beatstick. He has been shown to come up with some mighty creative and precise ways to use his flame. Just about everyone has given him the edge over Ben' date=' invisible, transparent force fields make for really poor Flash protection and temperature is a gizmo killer. [/quote']

I was hoping someone would make a case for Johnny :)

Someone laid down the restriction of only the core 4, otherwise all bets are off. Crystal? Holy smokes! Valeria/Marvel Girl? Sue plus. The Brute? Purple power. Heck, there was even the Commercial 4 team of Hulk, Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Spider-Man.
:eek: LALALALALALALALALANOTLISTENINGLALALALALALALNEVERHAPPENEDLALALALALALALALAL:whistle:

I am embarassed to say, I bought both halves of that two-parter.

I think I must have fallen into the twilight zone here.

To me it's utterly proposterous and unsupported to put Bruce in Reed's league as an intellect, and even worse as a gadgeteer. Reed is the predominant thinker on earth, maybe the greatest intellect in history. Bruce is smart and tricky but he's not in that league (no pun intended). Reed's peers in DC are guys like Himon, Metron or the ultra techy Lex Luthor or robot Brainiac of the past. When it comes to science, reed is in a league all his own.

Heck, if you think about it, Reed is basically as powerful as he wants to be. If he wanted to he could stroll around in power armor that puts Iron Man or even Doom to shame. However, he's a scientist and explorer first and foremost, he's not interested in personal power. You would never have a combat between Reed and Batman. Why? Because Reed has no need to build a device to completely obliterate Batman with hardly any effort, that's what Sue is for. :D

Say what Daeudi?

Because Reed and Doom are equally brilliant at creating last minute gadgets Batman is more powerful than them? It's funny but I don't think there's anything "obvious" about Batman being more powerful than Reed, nevertheless Doom. Did Batman tell you this? In fact, I think there's tons of evidence to the contrary.

As for Sue being Marvel's equivalent of GL? Well, this's the first time I've ever heard that and I've read both lines for over 30 years. I think Dr. Spectrum is a much more obviously equal to Gl type character and Sue is vastly different. She's undeniably powerful, that's true but I don't see much of any baiss to compare her to GL.

Quasar is the Marvel U's GL, Doc Spectrum is there "We will poke fun at GL" character

The single most powerful member of the Fantastic Four, with out question, debate or argument is the member by the name of Franklin Richards aka Psi-lord, aka Tattletale.

"I don't want my parents to die so I will create an ENTIRE Universe with them and all these other heroes in it"

Yup Franklin

One member I miss Is Lyja however...

Guest daeudi_454

Quasar is the Marvel U's GL' date=' Doc Spectrum is there "We will poke fun at GL" character[/quote']

While Quasar has the equivalent job position of the GLC, I was stressing the point that her powers are similiar and equal to that of a GL.

Franklin is a plot device, not a character. Also, Psi-lord (adult/teen Franklin) is much less powerful than child Franklin. (based on Spider-Girl issues as well as FF)

The Ultimate Nullifier (another lame 'megazord' plot device) has a serious drawback for the user- very serious. :ugly: