I know this probably sounds psycotic, and it probably will be.

doublefine

Some friends of mine and I are going to be playing a short, one maybe two sessions, game with 300 base points and 150 disad. Just about anything goes. Essentially, each of us is going to be making the biggest, nastiest, God-Awfull Monstrosity that he, she, it, or they can, and then we're going to have them fight it out deathmatch style.

I hit on a bizarre, possibly illegal, method for vastly overpowering my character. Followers...the special effect is that they're bio-organic implants on the character's body. At the moment I've got various implants built, but I'd like to hear from the peanut gallery before I show up for the game and have someone say "Oh Yeah? I use this simple 5 point ability, and all your minions are useless. MWAHAHAHA!"

Right now I have two different arm types (one a multiple EB setup to mimic tiny mouths tearing into people, and the other a sort of Piston Arm with Megascale bought for up to it's 60 Str OnlyApplies to KB out of the Ultimate Brick book), Two Missile Deflection Tentacles(pretty much straight missile deflection, ranged), I rebuilt the neuroparasite from the bestiary for my own nefarious purposes, have three different implant/followers for stats Usable Simultaneous for all Implants and Host, a sheild implant that has an insane amount of forcefield built into it, and a chest cannon.

As they are all followers, I pay almost nothing for semi-phenominal nearly cosmic power. Where's the catch? Other than GM's discretion, we've all voluntarilly waived that for this game, or rather he has none for these purposes. We're all just trying to be as nasty as we can.

Thanks in advance for comment, please be gentle.

Re: I know this probably sounds psycotic, and it probably will be.

Why not buy 900 Presence with a big Images power and cheese limitations instead?

Where's the fun in that?? besides I have a reputation to maintain. I need at least 5 character sheets to lug around on a clip board, otherwise the other players will think I've gone soft.

hmm...how about Duplication (Create 20 450pt Duplicates), Cannot Recombine, Altered Duplicates (100%), Inherent, Always On

173pts...then just mess with the affects of Implantation as powers and Disads...Shrinking, Clinging, Takes Damage done to hit locations x, y, and z on Host creature, Limited Manipulation, etc...

The only thing I'm getting shivers about at the moment is what if someone targets an implant/Duplicate?

The key to something like this is to virtually eliminate character flexibility. Defensviely, you need some points in physical, energy and mental. Offensively, pick one attack, spend a ton on CSL's so you cant miss (buy effects desolid), and go overboard on it. You can even just buy insane amount so entangle, affects desolid.

be sure to have one duplicate have clarisentience (otther dimensions) no range modifier, megarange, and various transdimensional attacks--just in case they forget to take extra dimensional movement.

Oh heck with it, just make a two use 8- burnout power, never recovers, x ultimate endurance, concentrate to zero DCV, full phase, OI, a load of lightning reflexes to make sure you go first no matter what, pour all of your points into a big killing attack with silly stun multipliers, megaarea and blow up the planet--just buy personal immunity so you are, indeed, the last man standing :)

Aside from the fact I would never allow followers like that - nothings wrong with it. The GM (if there is one) has control of them though.

Spikey Ball Of Doom: Vehicle.

1D6 RKA, NND: Resistant Smell Flash DEF, Does BODY, Autofire5, AoE, No Range Mod.

50pts = 1000 of the suckers.

SPD 12

Lightning Reflexes +60DEX

Phase 12 - fire everything you got. Everybody dies.

First, keep in mind that the Followers are separate characters which are officially under GM control regarding what actions they'll take on your behalf. For example, the GM could legitimately rule that extreme disregard for your "implants" welfare, as in combat, would lead them to turn against you.

As they're all separate characters with their own stats, you might want to give them the same DEX and SPD as their host body so that they can all act on the same Phase if desired. They should probably all have Teamwork Skill to coordinate their actions effectively. For practical and conceptual reasons a group Mind Link would also make sense.

Give some consideration to the EGO and possible Mental Defense of all the characters in this communal group. An opposing mentalist might be able to turn one or more parts against the others.

This is not crazy at all. We have a series of little pick-up games we play when too many people can't make a scheduled game or when we need a break from the plot or if we finish what I had planned early.

One of these is just what you are talking about. We took great pleasure in trying to come up with 1 hitters. It was lots of fun. We got pretty silly too.

Its also a great deal of fun (and quite a challenge when you are used to high point characters) to go ahead and design normals (50 + 50) and slug it out with them. Its something to actually have to use things like chairs to hit people with!

Hows this for a power set buy a bunch of armor versus pd and ed and buy 2 large absoptions one for pd and one for ed. now what you have to do is have the absobed body devided evenly to 2 things. half the body absorbed goes into presence and the other half is pumped into buying up the maximum absorption cap.

Basically you get a monster thats hard to kill and just gets meaner, uglier, and more terrifying with every hit.

I was thinking of this ability for the bigger nastier cthuluh monsters.

First, keep in mind that the Followers are separate characters which are officially under GM control regarding what actions they'll take on your behalf. For example, the GM could legitimately rule that extreme disregard for your "implants" welfare, as in combat, would lead them to turn against you.

As they're all separate characters with their own stats, you might want to give them the same DEX and SPD as their host body so that they can all act on the same Phase if desired. They should probably all have Teamwork Skill to coordinate their actions effectively. For practical and conceptual reasons a group Mind Link would also make sense.

Give some consideration to the EGO and possible Mental Defense of all the characters in this communal group. An opposing mentalist might be able to turn one or more parts against the others.

Umm...what exactly would be the effect of buying large amounts of PD/ED/MD/Power Defense Usable Simultaneously (by however many of these little creeps I wind up taking + 1 for the actual Character)

Along with Various Flash Defense also Usable Simultaneously by the whole merry band

and then because I think this guy might as well be completely evil

buy +to Characteristics Usable Simultaneously by Everyone...

The way I read it (and I have been known to miss glaringly obvious pieces of text) all of the Implants, and the Character, would wind up gaining the full measure of each effect...

Please keep in mind...if I want to I can get 20 602pt Duplicates for only 401 Real points

Which adds up to an insane amount of boost to Characteristics/Defense simply because I can devote entire 602pt characters to upping various things.

There has got to be a flaw in this. Other than most SANE GMs not allowing it within 50 miles of their games anyway.

Sorry I keep asking about all of this, but one of the people playing has been playing Hero System for a while, and is a devious little @#)*^%! in the first place!

My two best broken-but-legal ideas:

1.) Buy a double-penetrating 1-pip RKA (always does 1 BOD unless the target had double-hardened defenses) with 1 hex AoE Accurate (should cost about 15 points). Then buy as many Duplicates as you can with the -0 "limitation" Cannot Recombine. I actually worked this out once, and ended up being able to afford about 64 Duplicates. 65 BOD per Phase to any target without double-hardened defenses should make short work of the opposition.

2.) Buy a big VPP with IIF, then use the 5-point equipment doubling rule to buy tons of them. With 64 VPPs, you can have just about every attack and defense you should need.

Umm...what exactly would be the effect of buying large amounts of PD/ED/MD/Power Defense Usable Simultaneously (by however many of these little creeps I wind up taking + 1 for the actual Character)

Along with Various Flash Defense also Usable Simultaneously by the whole merry band

and then because I think this guy might as well be completely evil

buy +to Characteristics Usable Simultaneously by Everyone...

The way I read it (and I have been known to miss glaringly obvious pieces of text) all of the Implants, and the Character, would wind up gaining the full measure of each effect...

Please keep in mind...if I want to I can get 20 602pt Duplicates for only 401 Real points

Which adds up to an insane amount of boost to Characteristics/Defense simply because I can devote entire 602pt characters to upping various things.

There has got to be a flaw in this. Other than most SANE GMs not allowing it within 50 miles of their games anyway.

Sorry I keep asking about all of this, but one of the people playing has been playing Hero System for a while, and is a devious little @#)*^%! in the first place!

You might want to make sure that these abilities Usable Simultaneously are also all bought Persistant (even though the Characteristics and Powers you mention are already Persistant.) Otherwise if one character with those abilities is Knocked Out, the Usable Simultaneously Powers that it possesses shut off and all the other characters in the group will lose the benefit of them.

I know this probably sounds psycotic, and it probably will be.

My two best broken-but-legal ideas:

1.) Buy a double-penetrating 1-pip RKA (always does 1 BOD unless the target had double-hardened defenses) with 1 hex AoE Accurate (should cost about 15 points). Then buy as many Duplicates as you can with the -0 "limitation" Cannot Recombine. I actually worked this out once, and ended up being able to afford about 64 Duplicates. 65 BOD per Phase to any target without double-hardened defenses should make short work of the opposition.

2.) Buy a big VPP with IIF, then use the 5-point equipment doubling rule to buy tons of them. With 64 VPPs, you can have just about every attack and defense you should need.

Nope. A 1-pip with penetrating is no good. It has to be at least a 1d6 for penetrating to have any effect. Doesn't it?

Lucius Alexander

And a no normal defense armor piercing palindromedary

I've attached a few of the modules that I've built for my..."hero"...please let me know what you think. Not sure, but I'm thinking that I should work out Hit locations for each of the implants(I currently have 11 built, but I'm thinking about using two of them, grasping mouths and a missile deflection tentacle twice). Should I use a limited for of feedback for this? or should I just got the route of Physical limitation? Thanks for the feedback so far.:)