Lex Luthor's armor

Dominique

Re: Lex Luthor's armor

The right gauntlet also has four kryptonite gems set in it. One green' date=' one red, one blue, one black. He can project energy attacks through these gems, with each beam having different special properties based on the kryptonite it passes through.[/quote']

So he can shoot 4 flavors of Kryptonite? What do they do? I know Green is poinson to all life, but especially Kryptonians. Does Red K still induce random wackiness? All Blue used to do was kill Bizzaros

All I found on Google was that it either kills MPD syndrome or turns you into a mean drunk, take yer pick.

Oh, or it works like on Superman III in which case it will create a wussy Superman and a mean-drunk Superman.

Huh.

'S what I get for not watching Smallville, I guess. Or for not reading Supergirl, for that matter.

They touch on it in Supergirl #2 and #3.

Green is your standard Krypton Killer.

Blue works the same way on Bizarro

Red has seemingly radom side effects. I think Lex may have said it causes Unstability and Madness or soemthing to that effect, but I'd need to check the issue when I get home.

Lex has no idea what black does, so when he tests it on Kara he's surprised to find out that ....

[month old spoilers]

it apparently pulls out her darkside as a physical manifestation. I'm not the biggest Superman fan, so I have no idea if this is something new, a retcon or what. Dark Kara threatens to kill Lex at the end of Issue 3, and apparently goes on a rampage for the next three issues... [/spoilers]

The right gauntlet also has four kryptonite gems set in it. One green' date=' one red, one blue, one black. He can project energy attacks through these gems, with each beam having different special properties based on the kryptonite it passes through.[/quote']

You would think after what happened when he used it on supergirl, he would have tossed the black Krytonite away.

They are getting WAY to many colors of K out again... feels like the 70's again.

[month old spoilers]

it apparently pulls out her darkside as a physical manifestation. I'm not the biggest Superman fan, so I have no idea if this is something new, a retcon or what. Dark Kara threatens to kill Lex at the end of Issue 3, and apparently goes on a rampage for the next three issues... [/spoilers]

Either thier borrowing from Smallville or Smallville is.

Oh.

So that's why Superboy-Prime played "waste the crunchy" with the Titans.

He's all hopped up on Black-K. That stuff has some kick, huh?

Nope ... that's something different .. spoilers below ..

Superboy-P is just being manipulated by Alex Luthor. My comment on bringing back the 70s again is directed at Superman E2 wanting his Earth "back" and to replace the Earth that we've come to know since 1984.

It was my understanding that the Luthor running about in the warsuit is the Pre-Crisis Luthor, in which case the different varieties of K make sense. Is this not the case?

At least he doesn't have Gold-K. It was the ultimate nullifer for Superman.

Keith "not sure if he'd like the multiverse back" Curtis

It was my understanding that the Luthor running about in the warsuit is the Pre-Crisis Luthor, in which case the different varieties of K make sense. Is this not the case?

At least he doesn't have Gold-K. It was the ultimate nullifer for Superman.

Keith "not sure if he'd like the multiverse back" Curtis

I think he is the post crisis Luthor, But the armor may be pre crisis (seems he had found the armor and the armor told him it's abilities, but he may had Lexcorp scientist built it but where did they find red and blue K, let alone black K.

Red K had appeared only 2 times in the post crisis era, once when Myx created and gave to Luthor (Byrne story of the Krisis of the Krimson Kryptonite), which disapeared with the Imp. And the other time it was created artifially by Ra's Al Ghul to fight the JLA and the process was apparantly destroyed with Ra's plan. And black and blue K have never been seen before (post crisis), but Alex seems to have a bigger chunk of Black Kryptonite then Lex (Bizarro retreived it from the surface of the sun for Alex, for some dasterly purpose) Hey does this mean that crystal, white, and X Kryptonite are coming back too?

It was my understanding that the Luthor running about in the warsuit is the Pre-Crisis Luthor' date=' in which case the different varieties of K make sense. Is this not the case?[/quote']

The Luthor in the Armor is the former president of the US. The other Luthor ... well, he's someone else ;) Beware ... links have spoilers.

Am I the only one who's pissed off that they've turned Alex Luthor into a villain?

I mean in Crisis on Infinite Earths he was the son of the Good Luthor from Earth 3, who rocketed his son to another dimension to escape the Anti-Monitor's antimatter wave. Like Superman before him he gets powers along the way and uses them to aid the heroes against the Anti-Monitor in order to save everything. Not only was he a good guy, but he was an excellent character that I was sad to see disappear after the Crisis was over.

So what do they do with him in Infinite Crisis? Why they bring him back and make him a carbon copy of the evil Luthor we already have of course. :sick:

What a waste of a good character.

As long as they don't delve into a lot of the inconsistencies between dimensions, I don't see what's wrong with having a number of viable Earths. I mean... as long as the adventures in one don't appear as comic books in another, or whatever. After all, I'll buy anything with Captain Carrot or 'Mazing Man in it.

Am I the only one who's pissed off that they've turned Alex Luthor into a villain?

I mean in Crisis on Infinite Earths he was the son of the Good Luthor from Earth 3, who rocketed his son to another dimension to escape the Anti-Monitor's antimatter wave. Like Superman before him he gets powers along the way and uses them to aid the heroes against the Anti-Monitor in order to save everything. Not only was he a good guy, but he was an excellent character that I was sad to see disappear after the Crisis was over.

So what do they do with him in Infinite Crisis? Why they bring him back and make him a carbon copy of the evil Luthor we already have of course. :sick:

What a waste of a good character.

Turning heroes into villains or killing in in violent storylines that are completely out of character for them, seems to be a running theme over at DC. :thumbdown And to think they used to be my favorite comic company.