Champions Universe Movie Casting Call

Terrapin

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Universe Movie Casting Call

I don't know if he has to be a comedian so much as a comic actor-- or possibly even a serious actor playing the inherent ridiculousness straight-faced (after all Foxbat sees himself in quite a dramatic way).

Personally, I'm thinking Patrick Warburton.

And if Seeker exists, there's a an awful strong temptation to make him Steve Irwin...

Much as I like Steve Irwin, I'd cast Jason Stedham as Seeker. Not a whole lot of dialect coaching to convert his street english to a passable aussie accent, and he moves like a snake on glass.

Well, he's already got the properly distorted build for it.

And what about the Rock or Mick Foley/Mankind as Bulldozer?

And here's a tough one: who should voice Takofanes?

Bulldozer: (Stone Cold) Steve Austin

Foxbat: Paul Rubin (Maybe)

Takofanes should be CGI - But for his voice... The guy who did the voice for Goliath from Gargoyles.

I thought about who would do the voice work for the likes of Takofanes or Mechanon. Alan Rickman sprang to mind for Takofanes. That or get the guy who did the voice of Skeletor from the old Master of the Universe cartoon. I have no ideas for Mechanon' date=' really. I always sorta imagined him sounding like Soundwave from the 80's Transformers cartoon.[/quote']

I wouldn't even have Mechanon bother talking.. All (very bloody) action for him.

And what about the Rock or Mick Foley/Mankind as Bulldozer?

I don't know about the Rock, he might be a bit too trim for that role. I always pictured Bulldozer with a more massive build. Besides, last I saw makeup would go nuts trying to cover up Rock's Samoan tattoo job and superimpose Bulldozer's "label" tat.

If he hadn't been suggested for Durak already, I would have voted Triple H for Bulldozer ... but then, I've never been a Triple H fan.

I don't know about the Rock' date=' he might be a bit too trim for that role. I always pictured Bulldozer with a more massive build. Besides, last I saw makeup would go nuts trying to cover up Rock's Samoan tattoo job and superimpose Bulldozer's "label" tat.[/quote']

Check the "Doom" movie - they covered up his Samoan tattoos and put a big "SEMPER FI" on his back. This is a well-practiced Hollywood skill.

In my opinion:

Dr. Destroyer should be done like Darth Vader. One man inside the suit and another doing the voice. I think the voice should be Christopher Lee.

Foxbat: Between Mark Hamill and Bruce Campbell.

A younger Grace Jones would have done Black Diamond well.

I'm thinking Sean Bean for Cheshire Cat.

In my opinion:

Dr. Destroyer should be done like Darth Vader. One man inside the suit and another doing the voice. I think the voice should be Christopher Lee.

I say it again: Michael Clarke Duncan. He's 6'5" and has a voice that can start an earthquake if he speaks too loudly. And nobody would be able to tell under all the makeup they'd have to use that he's black.
Foxbat: Between Mark Hamill and Bruce Campbell.
I with you on Mr. Campbell here.

I'd rather have Michael Clark Duncan as Dark Seraph.

Sir Ian McKellen could be Doctor Destroyer--he's one of the few I can think of who looks as old as Destroyer is supposed to be. (No offense to Sir Ian.)

Mechanon is depcited by a cross of CGI and animatronics courtesy of Stan Winston Studios. Its voice is the Cylon Centurion voice from the original Battlestar Galactica.

Mark Hamill is a good choice for Foxbat, as is Paul Reubens. But someone else on a thread long ago suggested Johnny Depp, and that's who I'm going with.

Bruce Campbell should be the Champions version of Silver Age Superman, Vanguard. I think he'd be great as the ultimate hero who makes the ultimate sacrifice.

As For the Champions--

Defender-----Matthew McConaghey

Nighthawk----Vin Diesel

Sapphire-----Christina Aguilera

Witchcraft---Sorry, I got nothin' :o

Ironclad-----Christopher Judge

Kinetik------Tyrese

I've said before that Robert Picardo would be perfect for Beamline, and I have great confidence that he will eventually escape into the 5th Edition Universe. :thumbup:

Seeker - Sean Bean

Defender - George Clooney

Dr Destroyer - first choice would have been Jerry Orbach :(

Grond - Lou Ferrigno

Foxbat - Michael Myers

See I was going to use Jim Carrey as Seeker. Bogus Ozzie accent, ridiculous costume, more ridiculous background. Always getting his butt kicked. He's a natural.:D

Sir Ian McKellen could be Doctor Destroyer--he's one of the few I can think of who looks as old as Destroyer is supposed to be. (No offense to Sir Ian.)

[Bruce Campbell should be the Champions version of Silver Age Superman, Vanguard. I think he'd be great as the ultimate hero who makes the ultimate sacrifice.

As For the Champions--

Nighthawk----Vin Diesel

Very great choices, all three.

And for some reason I think that Vin Diesel could make Nighthawk into the scariest Bat-clone ever made. Heck, even out of costume, Vin's already scarier than Batman ever was...

I don't know if he has to be a comedian so much as a comic actor-- or possibly even a serious actor playing the inherent ridiculousness straight-faced (after all Foxbat sees himself in quite a dramatic way).

Personally, I'm thinking Patrick Warburton.

Or, in a Champions animated movie, Foxbat would have to be voiced by Mark Hamill (the Joker)

Or' date=' in a Champions animated movie, Foxbat would have to be voiced by Mark Hamill (the Joker)[/quote']

:tsk: Adam, :tsk: Adam, :tsk: Adam. You should know better than to try to explain to us gamers who Mark Hamill is. And don't credit him as the Joker. We all know who he really is: Luke Skywalker! :D

-Ahem-

Sorry 'bout that.

As much as I admired Christian Bale's performance in Batman Begins, I wouldn't cat him as Defender or Nighthawk, simply because it would be too much of a reprise for him. For the same reason, I wouldn't want Alyson Hannigan as Witchcraft; Bethany Duquesnes and Willow are two separate characters, and I wouldn't want to blur the line between them.

Michael Dorn has made it clear that no force in the galaxy will ever get him back into the makeup chair for two hours a day, so I'm thinking he wouldn't take Ironclad unless Ironclad's appearance were digitally altered.

Bale is, however, too good not to use. I'd try him as Firewing.

Lawrence Makaore could be Ironclad, or Herculan, or Blackstar.

Dr. Destroyer continues to rock the world with undiminished power despite being roughly the age of the heroes' grandparents. I nominate Sir Michael Philip Jagger for the role.

See I was going to use Jim Carrey as Seeker. Bogus Ozzie accent' date=' ridiculous costume, more ridiculous background. Always getting his butt kicked. He's a natural.:D[/quote']The big problem with that is, Seeker only exists in a comic book in the current continuity.

The big problem with that is' date=' Seeker only exists in a comic book in the current continuity.[/quote'] That, and Jim Carrey can't act. (YMMV)

The only Jim Carrey spot I could see him in would be Black Harlequin, simply because it seems so much like The Mask, which is the last movie I recall Jim Carrey being decent in.